ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Two Dudes Visiting KC For a Weekend
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:45 AM 04-09-2024
So my best buddy is gonna visit me in the heartland.

Lil background…. We both lived and worked in NYC for about 15 years in the film/tv industry. In that world, you run into a million faces, but you also run into many of the same faces and it becomes a very small world, of sorts.

Through so many shows, we became buddies. And we’ve actually probably become closer friends since we both left NYC. Him going to BC, me going back to Kansas.

He traveled to KC along with a couple other very close friends to KC in 2015 for the Astros series. We lost game one, won game two and the four of us had a great time, and they basically joined me on the trip simply to see me be happy about this unique event!

Fast forward a couple weeks, and it’s the Mets/Royals in the World Series. My buddy asks me, of all people, if I’d like to join him for Game 5. Buddy is a Mets fan. He could’ve asked a million other people. But he asked me. I was pretty overwhelmed. We had standing room tix, and watched the game as Matt Harvey carved up the Royals until our boys in blue tied it up in the 9th and then the rest is history.

So there’s some prologue…. Now we’re both nine years older, and we’re gonna try to be “kids” again. Taking in some weekend baseball, adult beverages, etc…

There’s a few spots I have in mind to check out, but I’d like to see some thoughts, suggestions from the locals.

I’m certain to get some easy bad jokes here, and I’m prepared, so if you’re gonna joke about two middle aged buddies seeing each other for the first time in about two years, at least make it good.

Otherwise, gimme some suggestions. Negro League HOF, Boulevard Brewery, Joe’s, Fiorella’s, Gates, Arthur Bryant’s is covered. Those are obvious.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:56 AM 04-09-2024
Three cool dudes looking for other cool dudes who wanna hang out in Kansas City. Nothing sexual. Fitness encouraged. If you’re fat, you should be able to find humor in the little things. Again, nothing sexual.
[Reply]
wazu 07:00 AM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The WWI museum is on my list.
Best answer in addition to all of the other stuff called out in the OP, definitely get a tour. You don't have to be a history nerd to enjoy this. It's pretty special.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:05 AM 04-09-2024
No late night, after close the bar waffle house visit?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:12 AM 04-09-2024
The possum poo festival in Wyatt Kansas. Just because one plays dead doesn't mean it leans one sexual orientation or the other
[Reply]
Woogieman 07:14 AM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
So my best buddy is gonna visit me in the heartland.

Lil background…. We both lived and worked in NYC for about 15 years in the film/tv industry. In that world, you run into a million faces, but you also run into many of the same faces and it becomes a very small world, of sorts.

Through so many shows, we became buddies. And we’ve actually probably become closer friends since we both left NYC. Him going to BC, me going back to Kansas.

He traveled to KC along with a couple other very close friends to KC in 2015 for the Astros series. We lost game one, won game two and the four of us had a great time, and they basically joined me on the trip simply to see me be happy about this unique event!

Fast forward a couple weeks, and it’s the Mets/Royals in the World Series. My buddy asks me, of all people, if I’d like to join him for Game 5. Buddy is a Mets fan. He could’ve asked a million other people. But he asked me. I was pretty overwhelmed. We had standing room tix, and watched the game as Matt Harvey carved up the Royals until our boys in blue tied it up in the 9th and then the rest is history.

So there’s some prologue…. Now we’re both nine years older, and we’re gonna try to be “kids” again. Taking in some weekend baseball, adult beverages, etc…

There’s a few spots I have in mind to check out, but I’d like to see some thoughts, suggestions from the locals.

I’m certain to get some easy bad jokes here, and I’m prepared, so if you’re gonna joke about two middle aged buddies seeing each other for the first time in about two years, at least make it good.

Otherwise, gimme some suggestions. Negro League HOF, Boulevard Brewery, Joe’s, Fiorella’s, Gates, Arthur Bryant’s is covered. Those are obvious.
If the weather's nice, my favorite circuit is La Bodega, then Percheron to watch good live music, then finish at Fox and Pearl basement ...pick your own deep cut classic/psychedelic rock, blow minds, drink whiskey
[Reply]
wazu 07:15 AM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
If the weather's nice, my favorite circuit is La Bodega, then Percheron to watch good live music, then finish at Fox and Pearl basement ...pick your own deep cut classic/psychedelic rock, blow minds, drink whiskey
Yeah, for great weather another good BBQ option is Woodyard BBQ. Lots of outside seating with a smoker right there on the deck. The burnt end chili is excellent.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:15 AM 04-09-2024

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:16 AM 04-09-2024
WW1 museum that was mentioned, I also like the Negro Baseball museum.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 07:24 AM 04-09-2024
As I read the OP, I wondered how long it would take for someone to post a homo joke. 2nd reply. :-)
[Reply]
loochy 07:29 AM 04-09-2024
Gay
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:32 AM 04-09-2024
Prime Social Rooftop for drinks and food. Definitely recommend.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:32 AM 04-09-2024
J Rieger's
Knuckleheads
Outlaw Cigar & Brewery
Fahrenheit 325 BBQ
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:33 AM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Three cool dudes looking for other cool dudes who wanna hang out in Kansas City. Nothing sexual. Fitness encouraged. If you’re fat, you should be able to find humor in the little things. Again, nothing sexual.
The invitation should be in the shape of a bicep!
[Reply]
srvy 07:34 AM 04-09-2024
So Gabby is short for Gabriel? Not that there is anything wrong with that:-)
[Reply]
TLO 07:34 AM 04-09-2024
What is considered middle age? When does that start?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up