ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3254 of 3903
« First < 2254275431543204324432503251325232533254 32553256325732583264330433543754 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:25 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
70% is disappointing compared to the others, but the cost and logistics will likely push it to be the most widely-distributed vaccine in the end. If we can get vaccination rates high, it'll still make a huge difference.
I wouldn't come to any conclusions on the AZ trial. Let them do a reboot and test the efficacy of their half dose implementation. It was a sss the first time but did show near 90% effectiveness. It could be that it ends up around 70% after all is said and done, but I'd recommend withholding judgment.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:30 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I wouldn't come to any conclusions on the AZ trial. Let them do a reboot and test the efficacy of their half dose implementation. It was a sss the first time but did show near 90% effectiveness. It could be that it ends up around 70% after all is said and done, but I'd recommend withholding judgment.
I'll be curious to see how they roll it out. I THINK they'll have to stick with the two-full-dose approach for now while they re-test the half plus full approach, but I'm not entirely sure how that all works.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:53 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
There's a lot to digest: 53 pages for the FDA-supplied document and 90+ pages for the Pfizer-supplied document.

I'm not even going to pretend I understand all of it. I haven't read it super thoroughly. Mostly skimming.

Has anyone seen anything in there that sticks out as a major issue? I didn't see anything too alarming.
The penis shrinkage referenced on page 18 was a bit concerning.
[Reply]
loochy 11:56 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The penis shrinkage referenced on page 18 was a bit concerning.

Meh. I have several inches to spare.
[Reply]
Great8 12:07 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Meh. I have several inches to spare.
Not this caucasian
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:07 PM 12-08-2020
They're vaxxing up in the UK now. Pfizer is the flavor of the day.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/08/europ...ntl/index.html - Warning - annoying voice advertising in the link.

Margaret Keenan, age 90, is the Alpha Vaxxer, and nurse May Parsons has an early lead in the "most vaccinations given" scorecard.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:28 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Great8:
Not this caucasian
He's one of those there Martians waiting to be reveal himself.....
[Reply]
petegz28 12:32 PM 12-08-2020
Supposedly Kansas will get their first shipment of the vaccine next Wednesday.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:47 PM 12-08-2020
Hopefully next month we can start treating this as more of a shitty flu season as numbers should start to fall rapidly in regards to deaths and hospitalizations. Open shit up, no mask, hold all events.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 12:53 PM 12-08-2020
Hopefully next month we can start treating this as more of a shitty flu season as numbers should start to fall rapidly in regards to deaths and hospitalizations. Open shit up, no mask, hold all events.
I thought I read that vaccinations for the general population without risk factors wouldn't start until 5/1. I think we will be back to more of a normal by this summer but probably not next month, unfortunately. The production and distribution will determine how fast we can get back to normal.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:54 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I thought I read that vaccinations for the general population without risk factors wouldn't start until 5/1. I think we will be back to more of a normal by this summer but probably not next month, unfortunately. The production and distribution will determine how fast we can get back to normal.
I believe a lot of the severe cases are from people in nursing homes (deaths/hospitalizations). Once those people are vaccinated then we can start talking about getting carried away with "cases" IMO. Especially combined with the fact that probably 1/3 to 1/2 the population will have likely had the virus by Feb.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:56 PM 12-08-2020
Dream on, that would be a great thing but I live in reality.

The scientists best case scenario is May/June to a return of anything that was "normal".
The worst of this whole shitshow is still to come, which the scientists are telling us will be 2 weeks after Christmas unless we change our behavior.
[Reply]
O.city 01:02 PM 12-08-2020
Yeah, I would guess by March, we start seeing the impacts of the vaccines and natural immunity. Maybe February?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:02 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dream on, that would be a great thing but I live in reality.

The scientists best case scenario is May/June to a return of anything that was "normal".
The worst of this whole shitshow is still to come, which the scientists are telling us will be 2 weeks after Christmas unless we change our behavior.
It's going to just depend on where you live. I think locally by Feb shit will be in the process of returning to normal.

Worldwide. who the hell knows.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:05 PM 12-08-2020
It's going to just depend on where you live. I think locally by Feb shit will be in the process of returning to normal.

Worldwide. who the hell knows.
I do think that, if we can get nursing homes and healthcare workers taken care of, we'll see death rates plummet. Add independently-living seniors, and things will start to look pretty good.

I still think you'll see SOME restrictions for a while, but they can definitely start loosening up in a couple months.
[Reply]
Page 3254 of 3903
« First < 2254275431543204324432503251325232533254 32553256325732583264330433543754 > Last »
Up