ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3208 of 3903
« First < 2208270831083158319832043205320632073208 32093210321132123218325833083708 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 01:12 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I would prioritize essential workers such as those working in grocery stores, pharmacies, etc before teachers. Teacher's unions are incredibly strong, though, so that will likely help push them up the list. I just hope the distribution isn't a politicized shit-show.
I don't agree. Grocery stores and etc. have not been places of outbreaks or clusters. Kids however are being held out of school so, yeah, Teachers first.

The Teacher's Union is the one pushing for remote learning as well so yeah, take the vaccine and get your ass in class.
[Reply]
O.city 01:35 PM 11-30-2020
Teachers would be a good place to start as well.

I'd prioritize it as "what allows us to get the economy and businesses back up and going the quickest and most efficient" after I inoculated the population where the vast majority of deaths are coming from.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:36 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex:
Where’s the multitudes of posters coming in to say they were wrong about the vaccine being possible? It’s amazing to look back through those debates in this thread and now that the science is proven they are nowhere to be found. Some amazing stupidity on display, and now I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see those same dipshits come up with reasons not to get the vaccine....

One very cool thing (very minor compared to ending the pandemic) that I haven’t seen mentioned too much about this vaccines efficacy, the possibility of ending or shortening common colds. Could easily be cross reactive to many of the Coronavirus lines, and one has to wonder if they can use this science to create vaccines for multitudes of more serious viruses that afflict humanity.
There's no evidence that the vaccine will work long term nor is there any evidence that it does not have any deleterious side effects.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 01:45 PM 11-30-2020
My 7-year-old woke up all sneezy, snotty, watery eyes, and low energy.

No temp yet. And have been home-schooling with very little contact outside of the house.

....everyone is in panic mode at case de Tomahawk.

I'm guessing it's a cold from the weather change, but the mrs. and older brother are treating him like he has the plague.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:54 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
My 7-year-old woke up all sneezy, snotty, watery eyes, and low energy.

No temp yet. And have been home-schooling with very little contact outside of the house.

....everyone is in panic mode at case de Tomahawk.

I'm guessing it's a cold from the weather change, but the mrs. and older brother are treating him like he has the plague.
I know they list literally everything as a symptom of Covid but generally speaking runny nose and congestion is not high on the list as well as sneezing.

Sounds like a classic cold. Hope the little one gets better soon.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:07 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Teachers would be a good place to start as well.

I'd prioritize it as "what allows us to get the economy and businesses back up and going the quickest and most efficient" after I inoculated the population where the vast majority of deaths are coming from.
Yep. older\high risk, front line workers and teachers.....

from there on out I would just ration based on age and underlying.

If you are 50 with no underlying you may get it after the 25 year old with underlying. Then again the 50 year old with no underlying gets it before the 25 year old with no underlying.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:08 PM 11-30-2020
Oh, and if you decline the vaccine your ass goes to the back of the line unless your employer afterwards mandates it or something.
[Reply]
Donger 02:10 PM 11-30-2020
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/11/29/...covid-fatigue/

El Paso Mayor Says Recent COVID-19 Spike Due To ‘Fatigue,’ Many Cases Coming From Shopping At Large Retailers

The mayor also mentioned what contact tracers have been finding in regards to how residents are catching the virus.

“We did a deep dive in our contact tracing for the week of November the 10th through the 16th and found that 55% of the positives were coming from shopping at large retailers, what we’d term as the big box stores,” Margo said. “And those are considered essential under CISA guidelines under homeland security. And we don’t really have- I don’t have any control over any limitations there.”
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:15 PM 11-30-2020
I would do

1. Health care workers
2. Elderly
3. Essential workers

Once that is done they should have enough vaccine for anyone that wants it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:17 PM 11-30-2020
Teachers should be high on the list. The amount of teachers and students being quarantined forcing online learning and the canceling of events needs to end.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:29 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Teachers should be high on the list. The amount of teachers and students being quarantined forcing online learning and the canceling of events needs to end.
Teachers are part of the essential workers groups in most states.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:42 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yep. And strippers.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:45 PM 11-30-2020
If we think long term, it should be prioritized by the inverse of our carbon footprint. Do you wander the earth clad only in a worn pair of pants fashioned from twigs and leaves? You're first. Do you own a private jet? Move to the back of the line, buddy.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:47 PM 11-30-2020
We also need to make sure Mahomes\Reid are at the top of the list.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:56 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yep. And strippers.
Nah. If you aren't departing with the gift of Covid you will just be departing with something else. It's expected.
[Reply]
Page 3208 of 3903
« First < 2208270831083158319832043205320632073208 32093210321132123218325833083708 > Last »
Up