ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2704 of 3903
« First < 1704220426042654269427002701270227032704 270527062707270827142754280432043704 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 01:17 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
:-)
[Reply]
Donger 01:21 PM 07-24-2020
I presume he means until we get the pandemic fully under control. If so, he's right.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:25 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I presume he means until we get the pandemic fully under control. If so, he's right.
You presume that because you are confused by the words he used? Here is the full quote.

Originally Posted by :
The pandemic has disrupted the lives of billions of people. Many have been at home for months. It’s completely understandable that people want to get on with their lives, but we will not be going back to the old normal. The pandemic has already changed the way we live our lives. Part of adjusting the new normal is finding ways to live our lives safely. It can be done, but how to do it will depend on where you live and your circumstances. It’s all about making good choices. We’re asking everyone to treat the decisions about where they go, what they do and who they meet with as life and death decisions, because they are. It may not be your life, but your choices could be the difference between life and death for someone you love, or for a complete strange

[Reply]
Donger 01:27 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You presume that because you are confused by the words he used?
No, I presume because it makes no sense that he means after the pandemic is under control.
[Reply]
Pants 01:28 PM 07-24-2020
You presume that because you are confused by the words he used?
Do you know what exactly he meant by "old normal" when he said it? Like what exactly will be forever different going forward?
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:29 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Do you know what exactly he meant by "old normal" when he said it? Like what exactly will be forever different going forward?
Take it how you want I suppose.

Originally Posted by :
It’s completely understandable that people want to get on with their lives, but we will not be going back to the old normal. The pandemic has already changed the way we live our lives.

[Reply]
KCrockaholic 01:31 PM 07-24-2020
I'm cool with having more accessible hand sanitizer everywhere, but no, this is not going to be my forever new normal.
[Reply]
Pants 01:34 PM 07-24-2020
Exactly. So why make it a big deal? He even said the "new normal" will be different for everyone depending on their circumstances.
[Reply]
Donger 01:35 PM 07-24-2020
You left of the rest, which is clearly specific to the pandemic.

Look, if you want to believe that he means for all time, go ahead.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:37 PM 07-24-2020
There are thousands, if not tens of thousands, of businesses who've required their employees work from home during this pandemic, which will continue even after there's a vaccine.

People are shopping differently, using their cars less and using less public transportation, so while things may "get back to normal" for some, this "New Normal" will continue for millions of people in the US alone.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:38 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Exactly. So why make it a big deal? He even said the "new normal" will be different for everyone depending on their circumstances.
There is no reason to say "we wont be going back to the old normal" unless you literally mean that. Words have meanings. IF there is a misunderstanding its because he isn't explaining things clearly.
[Reply]
Pants 01:41 PM 07-24-2020
There is no reason to say "we wont be going back to the old normal" unless you literally mean that. Words have meanings. IF there is a misunderstanding its because he isn't explaining things clearly.
Yeah, of course. But "normal" is a very nebulous term.

Is the new normal people washing their hands more frequently? Or is everything locked down forever the new normal? Maybe something in between?
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:50 PM 07-24-2020
It is going to be really hard for football to have a full season. Hurry up vaccine.
Originally Posted by :

As the NFL closes in on a return to work, college football teams are serving as an example of what could possibly go wrong.

According to Rainer Sabin of the Detroit Free Press, Michigan State has now quarantined its entire football team after a round of COVID-19 tests.

The school announced Friday that a student athlete and a staffer tested positive on Thursday. That came two days after the school suspended workouts for the football team, after a staff member tested positive last weekend.

The school is requiring the football team to quarantine or isolate over the next 14 days.

“The university has designated areas available to house individuals in quarantine as needed based upon the living arrangements for student-athletes,” the school said in a statement.

Spartans football players returned to campus in mid-June, and as of last week they had tested 402 individuals, with seven positive results.

Other schools including Ohio State, North Carolina, Kansas State, Houston, Indiana, Maryland, and Boise State have had to stop workouts because of positive tests.

[Reply]
dirk digler 01:51 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There are thousands, if not tens of thousands, of businesses who've required their employees work from home during this pandemic, which will continue even after there's a vaccine.

People are shopping differently, using their cars less and using less public transportation, so while things may "get back to normal" for some, this "New Normal" will continue for millions of people in the US alone.

Yep was just about to say some of the same things. I may never have to go back into work.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:52 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Yeah, that statement could mean many different things. Unless there's mounting evidence that Covid isn't or won't eventually mutate into a less harmful version of itself, I don't get why anyone would believe there will be masks mandates forever or anything that extreme (as others have predicted it in this thread), beyond the fact that a some people love to take one grain of evidence and extrapolate to infinity (Chiefs go 1-0, let's talk playoffs... 0-1, they're totally fucked).

Like you said though, companies came up with work from home policies overnight and some will never go back. Millions more people have been using video conferencing far more often. Schools came up with online learning options that may not have existed before and at least some of that will stick around. Telehealth got a huge boost and I'd think it's never going back to pre-pandemic levels of usage. Food delivery services got a huge boost and I'm sure some people who never used it before will continuing to do so post-pandemic. States like Kansas that have dumb and outdated alcohol laws relaxed them for curbside or delivery; some of that may not go back. Maybe people continue washing their hands more often. Etc, etc.
[Reply]
Page 2704 of 3903
« First < 1704220426042654269427002701270227032704 270527062707270827142754280432043704 > Last »
Up