ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 386
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 12:56 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I presumed Ice.

I don't think he can work with Valyrian steel though.

But Jaime and Brienne have the two swords that Tywin had made from Ice. If he has any knowledge of how to work it, he could melt the two swords back down and recreate Ice. I'm not sure why; who wields it at that point? But it's there as a possibility.
While it would be great for the Starks to try and recreate Ice, it would not make sense with the war to come. Valyrian steel is known to kill White Walkers. They are needing to focus on forging dragon glass weapons and not take two effective weapons and turn it into one that will be less effective on a battlefield.

Plus Jaime wasn't at Winterfell will the second sword yet. It looks like a two piece staff that has a dragonglass spear point.
[Reply]
Hawk 07:43 AM 04-16-2019
I just saw this today, a blow up of one part of the new opening credit sequence:

This shows a comet in the sky (like in season 2 after the dragons were born), and it shows four dragons instead of three. Could a new dragon be born? Why are there 4 of them? What does this mean?
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:49 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hawk:
I just saw this today, a blow up of one part of the new opening credit sequence:

This shows a comet in the sky (like in season 2 after the dragons were born), and it shows four dragons instead of three. Could a new dragon be born? Why are there 4 of them? What does this mean?
My guess: Drogon and Rhaegal (and zombie Viserion) all die in the final conflict. But the 2 have left behind eggs (guess it’s have to be 4 to make it work).
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:14 AM 04-16-2019
Dany was so concerned that the dragons weren't eating enough that her and Jon immediately take them on a joyride.

Makes sense.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:18 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Dany was so concerned that the dragons weren't eating enough that her and Jon immediately take them on a joyride.

Makes sense.
Good point, do you think they weren’t eating because of the cold or because of a poor mood? I bet spending time with the Targaryens helped get them going again.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:24 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hawk:

I think Dany is the big one. Then the three babies. She was “re-born” as a Targaryen that day.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:25 AM 04-16-2019

Makes sense.
Yeah that was weird but if your going to have Jon on a dragon during the battle of Winterfell, it cant be his first time. He has to know some basics because without those, its not believable for him to be effective in the middle of a huge battle riding for the first time.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:25 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus:
While it would be great for the Starks to try and recreate Ice, it would not make sense with the war to come. Valyrian steel is known to kill White Walkers. They are needing to focus on forging dragon glass weapons and not take two effective weapons and turn it into one that will be less effective on a battlefield.

Plus Jaime wasn't at Winterfell will the second sword yet. It looks like a two piece staff that has a dragonglass spear point.
Yeah. It’s that polearm she was using in the trailer. I’m guessing it comes apart for close quarter combat.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:26 AM 04-16-2019

Makes sense.
I think she was trying to improve their spirits
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:27 AM 04-16-2019
Off Redditt. Lucas visits the set.

[Reply]
KCUnited 08:29 AM 04-16-2019
There was a conversation between Jon and Dany last season where he was questioning the accuracy of word that Dany couldn't have children. So she's getting pregs, right?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:30 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah that was weird but if your going to have Jon on a dragon during the battle of Winterfell, it cant be his first time. He has to know some basics because without those, its not believable for him to be effective in the middle of a huge battle riding for the first time.
Exactly, people need to wait and see about that scene. GOT has done plenty of romantic scenes in the past (and every bit as cheesy), but the real purpose of that scene is establishing that Jon can ride a Dragon named after his father (and also cuing in Dany to his true identity when Jon reveals it to her).

People always criticize Marvel movies for not establishing that a character can control their equipment/powers - I'm gonna guess that's what GOT was doing here.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:35 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
There was a conversation between Jon and Dany last season where he was questioning the accuracy of word that Dany couldn't have children. So she's getting pregs, right?
That's my theory; Jon gets Dany preggers, kills the Night King but dies in the process and Jon & Dany's baby is the "Prince That Is Promised" to rule the land.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:39 AM 04-16-2019

[Reply]
KCUnited 08:45 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
That's my theory; Jon gets Dany preggers, kills the Night King but dies in the process and Jon & Dany's baby is the "Prince That Is Promised" to rule the land.
Could be. I'm thinking there's going to be new Targaryen, Lannister, and Stark offspring and the whole game starts anew.
[Reply]
Page 189 of 386
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Up