ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 748 of 1208
« First < 248648698738744745746747748 749750751752758798848 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:05 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Vienna's website didn't list it...but they only show Freddie's as selling dogs
It could be seasonal, I bought mine last year this time.

And just because Freddies is the only thing listed for an area [whichever one you searched] doesn't mean that's the only seller.

I know many places in St.L where I can get Vienna, whether prepared or cold case. They may not have a national or exclusive contract, but you can get it.
[Reply]
srvy 10:08 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
You could knock that down to one stick of butter. 2 sticks is just way too much imo. As well as 3/4 c. romano can be done away with too. Salt really isn't needed either.

Dry parm will blend easier with the finished product imo.

I think being more simple with the Alfredo is the way to go.

1 stick butter.
1 pint heavy cream.
2 cloves garlic
1/2c dry parm.
Dash of pepper.
Sure you could but it seems to be getting damn high marks as it is.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:39 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It could be seasonal, I bought mine last year this time.

And just because Freddies is the only thing listed for an area [whichever one you searched] doesn't mean that's the only seller.

I know many places in St.L where I can get Vienna, whether prepared or cold case. They may not have a national or exclusive contract, but you can get it.
I didn't say they didn't have, I said their website....
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:49 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Sure you could but it seems to be getting damn high marks as it is.
Well of course it is. Cheese, butter and cream. How can anyone go wrong? I am talking about not adding unnecessary ingredients just to add them.

Which is the case for an extra 1/4lb of butter and 3/4c of cheese. Then you have to ask yourself. How much will doubling the butter cause the sauce to separate upon reheating. Might as well throw out any leftover sauce if that is the case. Nothing worse than Alfredo that is clumps of cheese and pools of butter upon reheating.

I'm just saying that an extra 1/4lb of butter and a extra 3/4c. cheese is unnecessary. That is just adding shit to add shit at that point.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:58 AM 03-12-2018
You could knock that down to one stick of butter. 2 sticks is just way too much imo. As well as 3/4 c. romano can be done away with too. Salt really isn't needed either.

Dry parm will blend easier with the finished product imo.

I think being more simple with the Alfredo is the way to go.

1 stick butter.
1 pint heavy cream.
2 cloves garlic
1/2c dry parm.
Dash of pepper.
Mine was closer to this. I couldn't find Inmem's exact recipe, all I saw were the ingredients, so I winged it.

1 stick butter
1 pt heavy cream
2 cloves garlic
3/4 c. grated parm
Pepper

And in this second go round, added a touch of nutmeg, based on the ATK recipe.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:00 AM 03-12-2018
Well of course it is. Cheese, butter and cream. How can anyone go wrong? I am talking about not adding unnecessary ingredients just to add them.

Which is the case for an extra 1/4lb of butter and 3/4c of cheese. Then you have to ask yourself. How much will doubling the butter cause the sauce to separate upon reheating. Might as well throw out any leftover sauce if that is the case. Nothing worse than Alfredo that is clumps of cheese and pools of butter upon reheating.

I'm just saying that an extra 1/4lb of butter and a extra 3/4c. cheese is unnecessary. That is just adding shit to add shit at that point.
I don't think I've ever seen an alfredo sauce that didn't separate upon reheating. There's just not enough emulsifier in there, IME. You could add a little egg yolk or lecithin if you really wanted, I suppose. I'm trying the ol' Vitamix. There was a Serious Eats recipe for clam chowder that uses the blender to emulsify the broth, and it worked splendidly, so I thought I'd give it a go on this.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:42 AM 03-12-2018

[Reply]
ptlyon 08:50 AM 03-12-2018
F YES Mikey - only problem is, there isn't enough
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:57 AM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
F YES Mikey - only problem is, there isn't enough
Those were the leftovers! we had 4#
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:00 AM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
Those were the leftovers! we had 4#
Much better :-)
[Reply]
TimBone 09:04 AM 03-12-2018
Mikey gets down in the kitchen.
[Reply]
threebag 09:52 AM 03-12-2018
Stopped and picked up a couple sausage biscuits from McD's this morning. When I got home I opened them up, threw the sausage to my dog. Then I warmed a little butter and slathered the biscuits with strawberry jam. Damn tasty...

I feel bad I cheated my hunting buddy by giving her that McD's sausage.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:58 AM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Stopped and picked up a couple sausage biscuits from McD's this morning. When I got home I opened them up, threw the sausage to my dog. Then I warmed a little butter and slathered the biscuits with strawberry jam. Damn tasty...

I feel bad I cheated my hrunting buddy by giving her that McD's sausage.
They taste exactly like the frozen Value Sausage Patties from your local grocers freezer that cost like a dime a piece.

I do grab a sausage muffin in a pinch though. Their biscuits are nasty though. Slightly worse than Hardees awful monstrosities.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:24 AM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Mikey gets down in the kitchen.
It was a good choice for a fairly quick meal after all day travelling home from the LOTO and seein the Lego show in KC. I was tired... Was glad to see our Dillons started carrying mussels ($2.99/#)
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:28 AM 03-12-2018
Hopefully you had some soppin Buns to go with it!
[Reply]
Page 748 of 1208
« First < 248648698738744745746747748 749750751752758798848 > Last »
Up