ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 462 of 662
« First < 362412452458459460461462 463464465466472512562 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 02:42 PM 08-17-2016
Apparently all hell broke loose at the end of the Diaz McGregor press conference today. Twitter lit up. Not sure what happened until I watch it, but fight is still on.

edit: McGregor was a half hour late. Shortly after he showed up Diaz decided he answered enough questions and started walking out with his team. McGregor was yelling shit at Nate as he walked out, Nate threw a water bottle at Conor, and then Conor and Nate's team started chucking stuff at each other while Dana was trying to get security to get everyone out.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:16 PM 08-17-2016
lol, Conor on live TV is a bad idea

McGregor cursing multiple times on TV.. ESPN catching about 1 of every 3

— MMAFighting.com (@MMAFighting) August 17, 2016

[Reply]
alnorth 09:02 AM 08-18-2016
Francisco Rivera failed a test, and is blaming tainted meat in Mexico.
[Reply]
alnorth 02:14 PM 08-18-2016
Nick Diaz is still suspended and will not be allowed to corner his brother this weekend because he still has not paid off all of his $100,000 fine. He still owes NV $75k
[Reply]
TimBone 03:19 PM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Apparently all hell broke loose at the end of the Diaz McGregor press conference today. Twitter lit up. Not sure what happened until I watch it, but fight is still on.

edit: McGregor was a half hour late. Shortly after he showed up Diaz decided he answered enough questions and started walking out with his team. McGregor was yelling shit at Nate as he walked out, Nate threw a water bottle at Conor, and then Conor and Nate's team started chucking stuff at each other while Dana was trying to get security to get everyone out.
I saw it earlier today. That shit is super embarrassing for the UFC. It's gonna help to sell a ton more pay-per-views, though.
[Reply]
alnorth 05:47 PM 08-18-2016
Dana White said that the NSAC won't stop the fight, but when they meet in September the state is probably going to impose "massive" fines on both McGregor and Diaz, and they might suspend them and/or make them do community service. Its going to be a big mess and a headache for them after this weekend. There is also a lawsuit brewing from someone who got hit by a bottle.

edit: the UFC has banned the entourage for both Diaz and McGregor from attending UFC 202. The only people who can be with them are their licensed corners.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:36 PM 08-18-2016
Dana White said that the NSAC won't stop the fight, but when they meet in September the state is probably going to impose "massive" fines on both McGregor and Diaz, and they might suspend them and/or make them do community service. Its going to be a big mess and a headache for them after this weekend. There is also a lawsuit brewing from someone who got hit by a bottle.

edit: the UFC has banned the entourage for both Diaz and McGregor from attending UFC 202. The only people who can be with them are their licensed corners.
What is Jake Shields going to do now? Hanging on Diaz nuts was keeping him semi relevant
[Reply]
alnorth 10:23 PM 08-18-2016
The guys who are trying to organize the Professional Fighters Association had a press conference today.

http://themmareport.com/2016/08/vide...ss-conference/

These guys are not playing around, they opened the press conference by taking a shot at Dana and the new owners for being unprofessional. Then they proceeded to give a very impressive explanation of their experience in sports labor unions and what they were going to do for the fighters.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:39 PM 08-18-2016
The guys who are trying to organize the Professional Fighters Association had a press conference today.

http://themmareport.com/2016/08/vide...ss-conference/

These guys are not playing around, they opened the press conference by taking a shot at Dana and the new owners for being unprofessional. Then they proceeded to give a very impressive explanation of their experience in sports labor unions and what they were going to do for the fighters.
They've gotten endorsements from every labor union in sports, this thing is going to happen. The question is how many big names are they going to get who already make a ton of cash.
[Reply]
alnorth 11:08 PM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
They've gotten endorsements from every labor union in sports, this thing is going to happen. The question is how many big names are they going to get who already make a ton of cash.
I also like how they are handling the certification. Legally, they only need 30% for an election and 50% + 1 for a certification, but they said they want almost all of them. If there are 600 fighters under contract, they want over 500 before moving forward because if its a bare majority, then the UFC could attack the divisions to bring down the union. They wont even bother with certification unless its almost unanimous. and they seem confident that it will be.

They currently have a policy where they will allow fighters to anonymously support the union until they get almost all of them, and only then will they reveal the membership so no one gets singled out for sticking their neck out early. They have really thought this out and brought up 2014 federal court decisions that would make their organization easier so these guys are obviously serious and on point. I don't think literally every other major players union would be coming out to support them if they weren't serious, and they do look serious.
[Reply]
alnorth 02:55 PM 08-20-2016
I'm not planning to put up a thread for the fights tonight because there is a Chiefs Game tonight, its just a month after UFC 200, and there are no title fights.

Still, it is a fantastic card, all 5 fights should be good.
[Reply]
alnorth 03:02 PM 08-20-2016
My picks:

Diaz KO R3
Johnson, Cerrone, and Lim all KO R2
Means DEC
[Reply]
kstater 05:42 PM 08-20-2016
Holy Charlie horse

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
[Reply]
frankotank 08:34 PM 08-20-2016
My picks:

Diaz KO R3
Johnson, Cerrone, and Lim all KO R2
Means DEC
I'll bet you're dead on with the Diaz in 3 prediction.
I hope it happens earlier...but I'll take 3...

I cannot WAIT to see that bitch go down again.
[Reply]
eDave 08:37 PM 08-20-2016
http://wiz1.net/channel72
[Reply]
Page 462 of 662
« First < 362412452458459460461462 463464465466472512562 > Last »
Up