ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 996 of 3903
« First < 496896946986992993994995996 997998999100010061046109614961996 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 03:29 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
That's the only decent thing out of my situation. Had results in two days.

Who knows if the results are valid, but...
Yeah some of the negative tests I’ve heard of are stories like yours.
[Reply]
TLO 03:30 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Quest diagnostics.

And they can only process 30k a day
Hmmm. Not good. I've known a few people that have been tested and gotten their results in a day or two max. Hopefully they can get caught up on their backlog.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:31 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Hmmm. Not good. I've known a few people that have been tested and gotten their results in a day or two max. Hopefully they can get caught up on their backlog.
I guess those are the National ones.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:33 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
The fact is there isn't any facility that was built for nor prepared to do testing on a mass scale like this. Unfortunately as more people get tested it could impact turnaround times. They are saying a test that will provide results in minutes will be ready to go this week or next. That will help a lot.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:36 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

:-)

:-)
Yeah, I don't have any issue owning that (and I alluded to it in my post).

Good to see OTWP is still kicking. Hang in there man, sounds like you should be on the way up at least.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:40 PM 04-01-2020
Well they are sending the Military after the drug runners now to stop the spread of Coronavirus
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:41 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The fact is there isn't any facility that was built for nor prepared to do testing on a mass scale like this. Unfortunately as more people get tested it could impact turnaround times. They are saying a test that will provide results in minutes will be ready to go this week or next. That will help a lot.
Yep.

They’ve had to pump these out so fast that they aren’t as accurate as they’re wild like though. All of these tests are that way though
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:43 PM 04-01-2020
So why do we really need to send all this military in that direction?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:45 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I am asking how you know this and what about using a Nebulizer, that uses Albuterol sulfate which comes from salt and is also in the rescue inhaler, makes a person more contagious.
The nebulizer increases aerosolization, which means more respiratory droplets, which means more airborne pathogens.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 03:47 PM 04-01-2020
Quest Diagnostics sucks
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:51 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The nebulizer increases aerosolization, which means more respiratory droplets, which means more airborne pathogens.
Does it make the person more contagious? Like when I got sick in late January and I tested negative for Flu A and B, they were both negative, my doctor tested me for RSV and I was negative for that as well. My breathing was so bad that he treated me for RSV the nebulizer being part of that regiment including Prednisone and antibiotics. Well I always take a treatment at lunch time. The week after I went back to work a couple of the people I worked with started getting sick too. One ended up being treated for Pneumonia and the other was treated for the flu.
I am wondering if I am the reason for that now.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:52 PM 04-01-2020
Feels tingly like a short run on a cold day.
Albuterol is a short acting beta agonist. The beta receptors in the lungs relax, but it causes an increase in cardiac contractility and heart rate. Tachycardia is common after use, as is tremor and anxiety.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:52 PM 04-01-2020
Does it make the person more contagious? Like when I got sick in late January and I tested negative for Flu A and B my doctor tested me for RSV and I was negative for that as well. My breathing was so bad that he treated me for RSV the nebulizer being part of that regiment including Prednisone and antibiotics. Well I always take a treatment at lunch time. The week after I went back to work a couple of the people I worked with started getting sick too. One ended up being treated for Pneumonia and the other was treated for the flu.
I am wondering if I am the reason for that now.
IIRC It spreads it farther and allows it to stay suspended in the air for longer. IIRC that’s how it makes you more contagious
[Reply]
stumppy 03:53 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Well they are sending the Military after the drug runners now to stop the spread of Coronavirus
Yea, I caught part of that.....not sure why we need to know that right now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:53 PM 04-01-2020
If anything, it makes it hurt a bit more. Waiting on a call back from my doc.
your cilia and linings in your lungs are inflamed from the coughing. I’m assuming the inhaler is albuterol, correct? You will get use to the drug after a couple of times. Hear that a lot from first time users, this albuterol doesn’t help or makes it worse.

That’s still the best non-invasive and or non-dangerous drug we have for inflammation in the lungs. It’s a proven drug for over 30+ years. When you take the hit, breathe in deep and hold it for 10 seconds. Helps bypass the upper parts of the lungs that has to be raw by now and get down into the alveoli area of the lungs. When you get those alveoli popping open, your going to feel a lot better.

I am asking how you know this and what about using a Nebulizer, that uses Albuterol sulfate which comes from salt and is also in the rescue inhaler, makes a person more contagious.
rescue inhalers make you more contagious? Who said that BS?
[Reply]
Page 996 of 3903
« First < 496896946986992993994995996 997998999100010061046109614961996 > Last »
Up