ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2996 of 3903
« First < 1996249628962946298629922993299429952996 29972998299930003006304630963496 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 06:58 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I guess I should say like I was told in this thread when I talked about my family having deaths from this that “the data is the data”. Whatever that means.

I’ve had about 15 cases in my family, multiple deaths and hospitalizations up to this point. All from a single event and now it’s happening on the other side of my family in a similar fashion.

I haven’t heard of anyone in my area having issues with depression or any mental issues.

Am I supposed to take that as a fact it’s not happening. Of ****ing course not.

God forbid we have some ****ing empathy for other people who are struggling with anything. ****.
I really don't want to go here but what was the single event and did everyone attend the event do so on their own decision?

You want empathy but it appears only for what you want it for and not anyone else.

I'll put it this way, people are aware of things and make their choices. If they choose to do something and unfortunately it costs them that's not for you to chastise others for their decision.

My Dad and Step Mom were both in the other week to see my Son. They are both very aware of all the risks of Covid but they CHOSE to come up here, see him and spend their time with him. It's not for me to tell them how to live their life.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:58 PM 09-27-2020
I guess I should say like I was told in this thread when I talked about my family having deaths from this that “the data is the data”. Whatever that means.

I’ve had about 15 cases in my family, multiple deaths and hospitalizations up to this point. All from a single event and now it’s happening on the other side of my family in a similar fashion.

I haven’t heard of anyone in my area having issues with depression or any mental issues.

Am I supposed to take that as a fact it’s not happening. Of fucking course not.

God forbid we have some fucking empathy for other people who are struggling with anything. Fuck.
Sorry man, I wasn't trying to diminish what you've experienced. Quite the opposite, actually.

To me, the data may be the data, but it isn't the end of the discussion.

Not taking into account personal experiences and going solely by "math" is somewhat inhuman, is it not? Neither your experience nor mine exactly gels with the "data" but that doesn't mean your experience isn't valid.

Or heartbreaking. Like you said, we have to have empathy. Anything less is heartless.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:04 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am sure apathy and a few other factors play a big part in this but I think at this point it is mostly political for whatever unfathomable reason.

I look back on this and many people said for many months just to wear a silly mask and test we could get almost get back to normal.

Just look at pro sports, they wear masks all the time and test constantly and guess what, they have little to no cases.

If we would have done this alot sooner covid would be mostly low. Now we are just plateaued at 35k-50k daily cases and 700-1000 daily deaths. I don't hold out any hope for this to get better until there is wide spread vaccine use.

The stupidity of people have kind of beaten me down at this point and is why I haven't been in this thread much of late.
Who is pro sports wears masks besides the coaches and non-players?
[Reply]
O.city 07:05 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I really don't want to go here but what was the single event and did everyone attend the event do so on their own decision?

You want empathy but it appears only for what you want it for and not anyone else.

I'll put it this way, people are aware of things and make their choices. If they choose to do something and unfortunately it costs them that's not for you to chastise others for their decision.

My Dad and Step Mom were both in the other week to see my Son. They are both very aware of all the risks of Covid but they CHOSE to come up here, see him and spend their time with him. It's not for me to tell them how to live their life.
A funeral. A funeral of someone who died from covid. That they stupidly had in a church, with no masks or precautions.

Now they had an outbreak from it and one of my family members went to a dinner with the family, then showed symptoms a day later and ended up burying her two brothers this week from it.

So yeah, there’s a difference in taking a risk that could effect you and a risk that can have that large of an effect.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:11 PM 09-27-2020
A funeral. A funeral of someone who died from covid. That they stupidly had in a church, with no masks or precautions.

Now they had an outbreak from it and one of my family members went to a dinner with the family, then showed symptoms a day later and ended up burying her two brothers this week from it.

So yeah, there’s a difference in taking a risk that could effect you and a risk that can have that large of an effect.
Dude I really don't want to get into this but you act like people were told they couldn't wear a mask and they had to attend. I had this discussion with all of my Parents and guess what, I don't get to dictate what they do. I am no trying to be insensitive to your losses, I know it is tough but people are going to do what they want to do.

I don't disagree with your take on the risks but people know those risks. I don't know how to say it without sounding like a dick so I will just say it, people make their own choices and they are free to do so.

I am free to not go to a funeral because it's indoors and I think people won't be wearing masks, etc. or I am free to go knowing the risks. I have been to a funeral recently and in the very situation you describe. I know of people who did not show because of Covid and I know that those who did accepted the risk they took for going.

As I tried to say the other day it sucks when it impacts you personally and I get that. I do.
[Reply]
O.city 07:12 PM 09-27-2020
Honestly, I’m m gonna vacate the thread for a while. It’s not a good time for me to be in here.

Carry on
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:12 PM 09-27-2020
Who is pro sports wears masks besides the coaches and non-players?
Everyone does during the week in meetings and they get tested daily. Watch Hard Knocks or any of the Chiefs videos. Coach Reid wears his face shield when he is around the team.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:16 PM 09-27-2020

I am sorry. This reminds me of that Maine wedding that infected around 200 people and killed a few that didn't even attend.

As you said it is one thing to take the risks for yourself but with an infectious virus you are not only taking the risk you are affecting everyone you come in contact with.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:16 PM 09-27-2020
Everyone does during the week in meetings and they get tested daily. Watch Hard Knocks or any of the Chiefs videos. Coach Reid wears his face shield when he is around the team.
I guess Rona doesn't spread during game time then? JFC
[Reply]
petegz28 07:18 PM 09-27-2020
I am sorry. This reminds me of that Maine wedding that infected around 200 people and killed a few that didn't even attend.

As you said it is one thing to take the risks for yourself but with an infectious virus you are not only taking the risk you are affecting everyone you come in contact with.
Then lock yourself away and stay away from everyone. Quit acting like everyone should live their life around you.

I know that sounds harsh but that's the reality.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:19 PM 09-27-2020
Honestly, I’m m gonna vacate the thread for a while. It’s not a good time for me to be in here.

Carry on
Just ignore Pete - he's either incapable of learning or deliberately trolling. Maybe both.

Whatever his motivations - the end result is you chasing your tail and ending in exasperation.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:25 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Just ignore Pete - he's either incapable of learning or deliberately trolling. Maybe both.

Whatever his motivations - the end result is you chasing your tail and ending in exasperation.
Coming from the guy that writes off kids committing suicide. Don't take out the fact you suck at life on me.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:28 PM 09-27-2020
I guess Rona doesn't spread during game time then? JFC
You realize they take daily testing and on game day they take a test pre and post game? They also have their own little bubble and the results speak for themselves with only 1 case in 3 weeks. The NBA hasn't had a positive test and MLB seems to have gotten their act together.

They have set the model for everyone else.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:30 PM 09-27-2020
You realize they take daily testing and on game day they take a test pre and post game? They also have their own little bubble and the results speak for themselves with only 1 case in 3 weeks. The NBA hasn't had a positive test and MLB seems to have gotten their act together.

They have set the model for everyone else.
You realize that 99.9% of the rest of the world can't be treated like professional athletes, right?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:32 PM 09-27-2020
Gee, if only I could get paid millions of $'s to play a game instead of actually having to work for a living to support my family then maybe I could live in a "bubble" and have someone else to pay to have me tested for Covid 24 times a day!!!
[Reply]
Page 2996 of 3903
« First < 1996249628962946298629922993299429952996 29972998299930003006304630963496 > Last »
Up