ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2976 of 3903
« First < 1976247628762926296629722973297429752976 29772978297929802986302630763476 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 02:43 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Most of our staff are in the indefinite stage now as well. Honestly at this point I don't how I would function going back into the office. It is so nice to roll out of bed and hop on the PC and do IT work all day in my shorts and tshirt. :-)
I think I'd go insane. We've been on a hybrid model of 3 days in office 2 days out of office, then the next week 2 days in office and 3 days out since April. I look forward to my office days, honestly.
[Reply]
Donger 03:07 PM 09-18-2020
Unfortunately, it looks like our cases are growing again. Already at 41,000 today.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 03:12 PM 09-18-2020
Most of our staff are in the indefinite stage now as well. Honestly at this point I don't how I would function going back into the office. It is so nice to roll out of bed and hop on the PC and do IT work all day in my shorts and tshirt. :-)
Same here.
[Reply]
sedated 03:28 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think I'd go insane. We've been on a hybrid model of 3 days in office 2 days out of office, then the next week 2 days in office and 3 days out since April. I look forward to my office days, honestly.
I struggled a bit to get used to it a for a couple months, but feels natural now. The biggest thing for me is burning those extra calories from the day - walking a block or two to the car, going up and down stairs, etc. I stayed jogging 4x a week and the pants were still getting tight.
[Reply]
sedated 03:30 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I could give 2 shits who the president is when this vaccine is ready.
Same there, and reinforces being dumbfounded that the two have gotten so mixed together.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:39 PM 09-18-2020
Something I've found here in Missouri is that a lot of places that have the ability for their employees to work from home are learning that it's more cost effective to do so. They don't seem to be in any rush to bring them back to the office.
The issue here is compounded. Our public transportation is incurring a half a billion dollar loss on the backs of these decisions. I by no means think individual companies should factor that into their decisions but there's a trickle down, which means we're all going to pay for that half billion dollar public transportation loss at some point. They're not just going to absorb it.

Secondly, a lot of young people here have given up their high monthly rents to move back in with their parents. For Chicago, that means people that once lived and physically worked here are now back home in Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio, so harder to wrangle people back into the downtown Chicago office. So business decisions revolve more around placating staff as opposed to actual risk assessment.

Bars/parties okay. Office, too risky.
[Reply]
Coach 03:53 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Here...."Trump says U.S. will manufacture enough vaccine doses for every American by April"

Everyone happy now????
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/18/trum...-by-april.html
Yeah.... sorry, I'm not trusting that.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:42 PM 09-18-2020
It helps that I don't have young kids at home because if I did I would always want to go in lol. Now that I have been home for months and it is going to be extremely difficult if I have to go back in. I work alot more hours I think WFH but I like the fact that I can go do yard work or leave and do stuff without someone watching over me. The only thing I miss at work is talking to people in person but I am over that lol.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:07 PM 09-18-2020
Feel that’s a normal response until people start feigning fear in order to achieve it. Then it becomes a disservice.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:21 PM 09-18-2020
Yeah, I wear shoes no more than about 16 hours a week now and I really like it. I wear long pants maybe 3 hours a week on average.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:14 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
We have an election coming up?
Only if there is a vaccine in time. Otherwise I imagine it will be postponed.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:26 PM 09-18-2020
I’m actually losing some tax deductions from mileage by not doing any driving so that’s kind of annoying but it is offset by not having to drive anywhere and saving that time. I work for myself so I don’t really have any difference with regards to having to deal with coworkers or bosses but I imagine I wouldn’t miss it being home. I have no idea how long I will be able to continue working virtually though as it’s going to be completely dependent on client insurance companies.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:37 PM 09-18-2020
My cousin had a Cancun wedding planned for June, which got canceled. So they moved it to KC - small rehearsal dinner outside, outdoor wedding. She just tested positive the day before her rehearsal dinner.

She is such a sweet kid. Works 3 jobs - including massage therapist. I feel so bad for her. She is the last person who deserves this. They have no money and now they’ve gotten double-fucked on deposits. Also her fiancee is a type 1 diabetic. So far he has no symptoms. No idea how.

I feel so heartsick for her. I guess it could have been much worse if she had tested positive the day after the wedding and a bunch of people got sick. Hopefully there’s no collateral damage now.
[Reply]
loochy 07:40 AM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
My cousin had a Cancun wedding planned for June, which got canceled. So they moved it to KC - small rehearsal dinner outside, outdoor wedding. She just tested positive the day before her rehearsal dinner.

She is such a sweet kid. Works 3 jobs - including massage therapist. I feel so bad for her. She is the last person who deserves this. They have no money and now they’ve gotten double-fucked on deposits. Also her fiancee is a type 1 diabetic. So far he has no symptoms. No idea how.

I feel so heartsick for her. I guess it could have been much worse if she had tested positive the day after the wedding and a bunch of people got sick. Hopefully there’s no collateral damage now.
Maybe God is trying to tell her something

And he's a type 1, he'll be fine
[Reply]
O.city 08:25 AM 09-19-2020
Wife’s two great uncles are sick now. Grandma still just has loss of smell and feels tired. Her aunt is a lot better today. Last I heard the uncles are just feeling kinda “cruddy” and tired so hopefully that’s all it does
[Reply]
Page 2976 of 3903
« First < 1976247628762926296629722973297429752976 29772978297929802986302630763476 > Last »
Up