ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2482 of 3903
« First < 1482198223822432247224782479248024812482 248324842485248624922532258229823482 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:58 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Says their findings are partly false. Which means the claims are also partly true. I am not going to argue whether wearing a mask helps or not but I will argue that it is not the holy grail that means you can do whatever you want as long as you wear a mask.
It was ranked partially true because many of the claims are correct for mine safety or some industrial contexts. But mostly wrong when claiming masks are used the same way in the medical community or general public.

And the mine safety guy doesn't bring up any points that invalidate what most reasonable people already believe. Masks are not bulletproof, but they help contain droplets, and they are safe to wear by most even for long periods of time.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:10 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You also see people without masks disregarding social distancing. Both groups are dumb, but one act is not necessarily causal to the other.
To me if you aren't going to socially distance then don't bother wearing a mask unless you know you're sick. That's just me.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:20 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
People can like it or don't like it but this is new norm.Same as the old norm and we arent going back.
Well, besides the cities that are going back because idiots can't follow simple guidelines in order to prevent a shutdown immediately after suffering through one.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:40 PM 06-30-2020
When one of my bus driving colleagues had the flu, in early january I think, she was allowed to keep driving but only if she wore a mask. So her doctor believed they helped before covid was really a thing.
[Reply]
Strongside 07:55 PM 06-30-2020
Today was the first day I can recall in JoCo where every person I saw in a business or out in public had a mask on.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:11 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Today was the first day I can recall in JoCo where every person I saw in a business or out in public had a mask on.
You get used to it. It's not mandated in my city, but it is in Denver, and there's a big halo effect. It's a lot easier to feel natural doing it when you're in the majority instead of the minority.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:28 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
I went to an event tonight where everyone was wearing one. Nobody cared... because it's not a big deal.
[Reply]
cdcox 08:59 PM 06-30-2020
To me if you aren't going to socially distance then don't bother wearing a mask unless you know you're sick. That's just me.
It has always been about layers of protection.

Six feet apart is better than closer. Is it foolproof, No
Shorter exposure is better than longer. Is it foolproof, No.
Masks are better than no masks. Is it foolproof? No.
Being exposed to fewer people is better than being exposed to more people. Is it foolproof? No.
Symptom screening is better than not symptom screening. Is it foolproof? No.

I’m not sure how anyone can not understand this after 3 months. This isn’t new information any more.

If you are going to spend an hour in close proximity to someone who you don’t know what they have been doing in the last week, or even if they are running a fever, every public heath official is going to advise you to wear a mask.

If you can’t understand this, no one can help you. Good luck with your life.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:09 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:

Being exposed to fewer people is better than being exposed to more people. Is it foolproof? No.

I’m not sure how anyone can not understand this after 3 months. This isn’t new information any more.

If you are going to spend an hour in close proximity to someone who you don’t know what they have been doing in the last week, or even if they are running a fever, every public heath official is going to advise you to wear a mask.

I admire your perseverance but you're trying to hammer a nail into a slab of granite.
[Reply]
neech 05:16 AM 07-01-2020

[Reply]
loochy 05:23 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
Why bother? You don't care what he says anyway.
[Reply]
neech 05:43 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Why bother? You don't care what he says anyway.
Heh, true.

But for all the people who think they have to wear masks it gives them the finger.
[Reply]
eDave 05:47 AM 07-01-2020
Maybe lew or eDave can help here but I am looking at the AZ Dashboard

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/e...ards/index.php

It looks like deaths and hospitalizations are actually coming down.
Maybe. I see a steeper incline in the average high's than the decline of average lows. It's a volatile graph, and I may be interpreting it completely wrong, but those trend lines are clear enough. It's clear that it bounces back pretty hard after a down day. This weeks numbers should be interesting, but too early to indicate the effectiveness of our ordinance. And I believe the protests are reflected two weeks ago so they won't have as much impact going forward. NOTE: I don't believe they and the deaths are related though.

I don't know what to think about the hospitalization graph. The little summary I provide comes from the same source and it reads hospital utilization differently:

Hospital Utilization: COVID Hospitalizations are up about 2.6% (another all time high). ICU beds for COVID patients are up 0.5%. (Overall ICU bed usage went down from 88% to 86%). Ventilators in use for COVID dropped 2% for the 2nd day in a row.

EDIT:

Our data dashboard has been updated. Due to a reporting issue yesterday, more than half of today's newly reported cases would have been reported Monday. Today's reported new case number represents a two-day total. Please continue to take precautions. #SaferAtHome #MaskUpArizona https://t.co/oAvQzNUqCM

— AZ Dept of Health (@AZDHS) June 30, 2020

[Reply]
Three7s 05:47 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:

Pete isn't changing at this point. Don't waste your effort typing to him.
[Reply]
stumppy 06:06 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by neech:

Peddle your bullshit somewhere else. Everyone knows what you posted is months old and was the line put out in order to stop a run on masks.
[Reply]
Page 2482 of 3903
« First < 1482198223822432247224782479248024812482 248324842485248624922532258229823482 > Last »
Up