ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2096 of 3903
« First < 1096159619962046208620922093209420952096 209720982099210021062146219625963096 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:24 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It does yet half the country still doesn’t get it , and flu death totals are estimated as well , covid and flu deaths are not counted the same way which is another reason we should not be comparing the two at any level right now .
Unless we are comparing to show how many more cases there are like titty meat was doing?

It seems like I see a lot of comparison about how many covid cases compared to flu cases to show how bad covid is. But as soon as someone points something out to knock that down a little, all of a sudden we cant compare them anymore.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:24 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Down here in Arkansas part of that order included a travel ban. If you left the state you were suppose to notify the state department of health. If you did not then you got fined. Air travel was done automatically. My aunt and her boyfriend went on a ride to Missouri. They stopped a restaurant in West Plains came back through Gainesville and visited our cousin. She posted about that trip on Facebook. The Sheriff is on her Facebook. She got a $500 fine for leaving the state for recreation. It was not deemed a trip of necessity.
I mean, talk about begging to give away $500. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 12:25 PM 05-17-2020
Bring on the Llamas!

https://www.vpr.org/post/llama-antib...rnews#stream/0
[Reply]
petegz28 12:29 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Georgia seems to be doing fine but Texas and Florida are both seeing some increases in cases. No hospitals being overrun though.

We just have to be careful. You don't want to open things up too rapidly and see this heinous virus start spreading again.
Agreed. We went to dinner last night at one of our favorite places. There was bar seating available, In sets of 2 seats spread 6ft apart so this bar would have sat 10 people. Booths were every other booth and the tables were the same. We sat at a table close to the bar which my Son loved. Waiters all had gloves on and they were the cheapest kind of gloves cause they were constantly throwing them away.

Having said that the place was pretty busy given the new rules.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:31 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bring on the Llamas!

https://www.vpr.org/post/llama-antib...rnews#stream/0
:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 12:36 PM 05-17-2020
Well, going into the re-opening my take is this.

1. This is a contagious virus. Much more than the flu.

2. 95%+ of people who get it will be fine.

3. If you are a high-risk person you have need for extra concern and should be very careful.

4. It seems that for every one person who gets this that has symptoms 30 people get it and don't so the odds are even if you do get it, you won't know it which is both good and bad.

5. I think the masks and social distancing are good but not as effective as some thing and more effective than others think. If you know or think you have it, wear a fucking mask so you don't spread it.

6. Be fucking smart. It shouldn't take a pandemic to get you to stay home if you're sick, especially if you have a fever, wash your hands, stay away from people you know who are sick and HELLO! DON'T COUGH ON PEOPLE, BITCH!

7. Gloves are a waste of fucking time for the most part

Otherwise, life happens you go on with it until you don't. No different than any other day when you get down to the brass tacks of it all.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:37 PM 05-17-2020
I finally ordered a few neck gaiters to cover my nose and mouth with instead of those shitty N95 masks my work gave me(and didn’t fit me for) Seems like they will be much more comfortable for the long days ahead in some of these places making it mandatory. If anyone else hates the masks I’d recommend at least getting some of these. They’re much more comfortable and breathable. I’m sure some over the top neurotic journalist will write an article soon about how they aren’t safe enough since I’ve seen a lot of people switching to them over the masks now
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:52 PM 05-17-2020
I wear a mask and just dip my body in vics and carry pills everywhere
[Reply]
eDave 12:54 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Wisconsin has actually shown new case growth over the last few days.
Texas has seen a steady rise in novel coronavirus cases and fatalities since reopening just over two weeks ago.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-case...ry?id=70720497
[Reply]
Bowser 12:59 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Texas has seen a steady rise in novel coronavirus cases and fatalities since reopening just over two weeks ago.

Wonder how many more tests have been done in those two weeks as compared to before?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:00 PM 05-17-2020

That’s crazy. A state that large had the highest and second highest death totals around 50? Seems like they’re definitely doing something right down there! Took one city just a day to pass there complete totals
[Reply]
eDave 01:02 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Wonder how many more tests have been done in those two weeks as compared to before?
The answer lies within.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:04 PM 05-17-2020
The answer lies within.
Amazing what happens with the numbers when you double the tests in the span of two weeks, huh?

And I take that as a positive, really. Especially in a state like Texas.
[Reply]
ghak99 01:09 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Down here in Arkansas part of that order included a travel ban. If you left the state you were suppose to notify the state department of health. If you did not then you got fined. Air travel was done automatically. My aunt and her boyfriend went on a ride to Missouri. They stopped a restaurant in West Plains came back through Gainesville and visited our cousin. She posted about that trip on Facebook. The Sheriff is on her Facebook. She got a $500 fine for leaving the state for recreation. It was not deemed a trip of necessity.
Did Arkansas actually pass a law?

Did anyone break the "rule" and then lawyer up and challenge the fine?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:10 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Did Arkansas actually pass a law?

Did anyone break the "rule" and then lawyer up and challenge the fine?
It is regulations by the Governor.
[Reply]
Page 2096 of 3903
« First < 1096159619962046208620922093209420952096 209720982099210021062146219625963096 > Last »
Up