ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1979 of 3903
« First < 979147918791929196919751976197719781979 198019811982198319892029207924792979 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
notorious 11:13 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think alot of the people that cover sports actually like sports.
No kidding.

I also think they live in a very tight echo chamber with very little outside opinion.

If you don’t share the accepted opinion you are shunned.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 11:17 AM 05-11-2020
Just when we started to relax our social distancing a bit, our household went back on high alert with all this Kawasaki news surfacing. Don't wish that on anyone's child nor do I want to go through that again as a parent...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...light=Kawasaki
[Reply]
Mecca 11:18 AM 05-11-2020
It's also kind of weird to me that guys that write and cover the NFL are some of the most ardent "the season isn't happening they shouldn't be playing the nfl is the monster" ones.

Do they realize where they get paid from?
There's those types and there's also the Clay Travis types who basically tells you that as long as sports go on it's cool if millions die, dude literally said everyone should go out and get it on purpose.

Sportswriters aren't exactly who I'd look to for rational takes on either side.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:20 AM 05-11-2020
Sure. I can survive without pro sports. It's just entertainment for me. But the guys that get paid to cover it? I'm gonna guess it'll be different for them.

Fans are the reason all these dudes have that position anyway. Seems counterintuitive to shit on them about it.
There's been a pretty big swing in the local sports radio with this, up until a couple of weeks ago they were all saying how awful this was and stay home....now they're like everything must open, sports must go on, I think they are all realizing their cushy sports jobs are about to be dead.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:23 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There's been a pretty big swing in the local sports radio with this, up until a couple of weeks ago they were all saying how awful this was and stay home....now they're like everything must open, sports must go on, I think they are all realizing their cushy sports jobs are about to be dead.
And if that’s the case it’s bullshit.

This virus isn’t deadly enough to justify that. I’m not going to be a moron and call it the flu, but that’s the truth.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:27 AM 05-11-2020
Well many of us have said all along that a lot of people, not everyone mind you, but a lot of the people screaming for shut downs and extensions of lock downs are largely the same people who have not been impacted financially.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:31 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That would be absolutely fucking ridiculous.

I take this serious, I’ve done my part in terms of social distancing, but the “cure” can’t be worse than the disease. I’m sorry, but this idea that we’re all supposed to hide inside until (IF) there’s a vaccine is asinine.
That's not the only other choice.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:32 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Just when we started to relax our social distancing a bit, our household went back on high alert with all this Kawasaki news surfacing. Don't wish that on anyone's child nor do I want to go through that again as a parent...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...light=Kawasaki
must have been tough to go through. How is he doing now?

**** I feel like a dick now worried about my kids sports.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:32 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I know. Tell that to those idiots.
[Reply]
O.city 11:38 AM 05-11-2020
I just don't see the ability to test and trace out 330 million americans as a possibility.
[Reply]
O.city 11:39 AM 05-11-2020
There's those types and there's also the Clay Travis types who basically tells you that as long as sports go on it's cool if millions die, dude literally said everyone should go out and get it on purpose.

Sportswriters aren't exactly who I'd look to for rational takes on either side.
Clay is going by the stats. He seems to miss some nuance for sure.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:40 AM 05-11-2020
I just don't see the ability to test and trace out 330 million americans as a possibility.
What do you think is the best solution then?

I know I can come off as a know-it-all when we talk football, but I’m well aware of what I do know and don’t, so please educate me.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:42 AM 05-11-2020
I know. Tell that to those idiots.
Saying that we can't have people attending sporting events or playing professional sports in general is not saying that everything else needs to be completely shut down until there is a vaccine.
[Reply]
O.city 11:42 AM 05-11-2020
What do you think is the best solution then?

I know I can come off as a know-it-all when we talk football, but I’m well aware of what I do know and don’t, so please educate me.
It's the best option. I don't think politically it can be done here. You need 100% buy in for it to work.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:45 AM 05-11-2020
Saying that we can't have people attending sporting events or playing professional sports in general is not saying that everything else needs to be completely shut down until there is a vaccine.
That’s exactly what most of those people are saying though, so unless we’re waiting on a vaccine, what other reason would we have to still be hiding inside months from now?
[Reply]
Page 1979 of 3903
« First < 979147918791929196919751976197719781979 198019811982198319892029207924792979 > Last »
Up