ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1978 of 3903
« First < 978147818781928196819741975197619771978 197919801981198219882028207824782978 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Kidd Lex 10:46 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
What's the issue?

Yeah fuck United. They have on their site from less than two weeks ago they were removing the middle seats. How the hell did they go ahead and fill every seat anyways? I wouldn’t be worried about the air as much as the person next to me inevitably touching me and shedding any virus they have. I won’t be flying United anytime soon. My brothers still fly for work and said every plane is a damn near empty on SW.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:48 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:
Yeah fuck United. They have on their site from less than two weeks ago they were removing the middle seats. How the hell did they go ahead and fill every seat anyways? I wouldn’t be worried about the air as much as the person next to me inevitably touching me and shedding any virus they have. I won’t be flying United anytime soon. My brothers still fly for work and said every plane is a damn near empty on SW.
to some it seems as though they dont care how many die as long as they make that dollar
[Reply]
Donger 10:48 AM 05-11-2020
Yeah **** United. They have on their site from less than two weeks ago they were removing the middle seats. How the hell did they go ahead and fill every seat anyways? I wouldn’t be worried about the air as much as the person next to me inevitably touching me and shedding any virus they have. I won’t be flying United anytime soon. My brothers still fly for work and said every plane is a damn near empty on SW.
A United spokesman declined to comment on how many people were on Weiss' flight, saying that it "did have a higher than average load factor but it still departed with empty seats."

United Airlines recently announced that it was making some middle seats unavailable for passengers to select. But the company said it was also not reducing capacity on flights, so a passenger could be seated in a middle or adjacent seat if necessary.

"Though we cannot guarantee that all customers will be seated next to an unoccupied seat, based on historically low travel demand and the implementation of our various social distancing measures that is the likely outcome," the airline said in a statement to CNN.

The flight had "an additional 25 medical professionals on board who were flying for free" and all passengers and employees were asked to wear face coverings, the airline said in a statement.

The spokesperson added that most of the airline's flights are operating at less than half capacity and that passengers can rebook if they feel their safety is in jeopardy.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:49 AM 05-11-2020
Yeah **** United. They have on their site from less than two weeks ago they were removing the middle seats. How the hell did they go ahead and fill every seat anyways? I wouldn’t be worried about the air as much as the person next to me inevitably touching me and shedding any virus they have. I won’t be flying United anytime soon. My brothers still fly for work and said every plane is a damn near empty on SW.
You can get like a 4 day cruise for like 125 $ right now , sounds like a good deal.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:56 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm as hopeful as anyone, but damn, they're gonna end up cancelling sports for a long time aren't they.
That would be absolutely fucking ridiculous.

I take this serious, I’ve done my part in terms of social distancing, but the “cure” can’t be worse than the disease. I’m sorry, but this idea that we’re all supposed to hide inside until (IF) there’s a vaccine is asinine.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 11:00 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
You can get like a 4 day cruise for like 125 $ right now , sounds like a good deal.
Hard pass 😂
[Reply]
O.city 11:01 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That would be absolutely ****ing ridiculous.

I take this serious, I’ve done my part in terms of social distancing, but the “cure” can’t be worse than the disease. I’m sorry, but this idea that we’re all supposed to hide inside until (IF) there’s a vaccine is asinine.
Fauci was on with Peter King about football. Sounds like they're gonna try and torpedo that as well.

Crazy times. I don't know what the hell is gonna happen.
[Reply]
O.city 11:02 AM 05-11-2020
It's also kind of weird to me that guys that write and cover the NFL are some of the most ardent "the season isn't happening they shouldn't be playing the nfl is the monster" ones.

Do they realize where they get paid from?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:04 AM 05-11-2020
It's also kind of weird to me that guys that write and cover the NFL are some of the most ardent "the season isn't happening they shouldn't be playing the nfl is the monster" ones.

Virtue signaling at its finest.
[Reply]
notorious 11:05 AM 05-11-2020

They were screaming at the top of their lungs to shut down all sports ASAP.

It didn’t make any sense to me then, and doesn’t now.
[Reply]
O.city 11:08 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
They were screaming at the top of their lungs to shut down all sports ASAP.

It didn’t make any sense to me then, and doesn’t now.
I don't think alot of the people that cover sports actually like sports.
[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 05-11-2020
Like if i get paid to cover sports and there's no sports....what's the logical conclusion there?
[Reply]
Monticore 11:10 AM 05-11-2020

I can survive without pro sports , losing a football season sucks but I would manage, I am more worried about my kids missing out on just being a kid.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:10 AM 05-11-2020
I don't think alot of the people that cover sports actually like sports.
And they’re ant everybody to know how much they care and how virtuous they are...
[Reply]
O.city 11:12 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I can survive without pro sports , losing a football season sucks but I would manage, I am more worried about my kids missing out on just being a kid.
Sure. I can survive without pro sports. It's just entertainment for me. But the guys that get paid to cover it? I'm gonna guess it'll be different for them.

Fans are the reason all these dudes have that position anyway. Seems counterintuitive to shit on them about it.
[Reply]
Page 1978 of 3903
« First < 978147818781928196819741975197619771978 197919801981198219882028207824782978 > Last »
Up