ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1972 of 3903
« First < 972147218721922196219681969197019711972 197319741975197619822022207224722972 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 05:35 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Well, instead of spending $250 at a steakhouse for Mother's Day dinner. We picked up an amazing Carnitas Burrito ($10) and split it, and $11 taco plate for our daughter. Called it in, walked in, picked it up, walked out. Time to watch the Last Dance on ESPN.

:-)
Honestly, I prefer your scenario 9.9/10. Good stuff.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:52 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I just saw John Elway and Jon Bon Jovi in the same episode of Las Vegas. That show is good cheese.
Didn't they co-own a minor league football team together a few years back?

Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It's telling people to gargle fucking salt water or vinegar and it will cure you of the Rona and save lives. You really don't think any harm would come from people believing that shit?

Some idiot has coronavid and thinks that gargling salt water kills it, so they do it and now they think theyre cured and can go out in public. Good way to get people to spread it.
But don't forget to wear that thin ass cloth mask screen door into Costco!
[Reply]
petegz28 06:58 PM 05-10-2020
Yes today is Sunday but 720 deaths is the lowest number seen in well over a month. Either all the counters took the day off for Mother's day or even for a Sunday we are very low.

People need to keep in mind as the media starts freaking out on the Tuesday-Frida numbers, Sat and Sun aren't as good as they look but Monday and even possibly Tuesday aren't as bad as they look.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:59 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It is strep!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Odd thing to be cheering for, isn’t it? It is such a relief though lol.

My son is almost completely recovered from our scare last week.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:10 PM 05-10-2020
I’ve yet to hear the results of my 3rd test, but the State says I’m 12 days out from my positive test and still don’t have symptoms, so I’m ok to go back to work tomorrow.

I was actually getting a decent amount of work done from home. Amazing what few phone calls and not meeting with people all day can do to your efficiency.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:19 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I’ve yet to hear the results of my 3rd test, but the State says I’m 12 days out from my positive test and still don’t have symptoms, so I’m ok to go back to work tomorrow.

I was actually getting a decent amount of work done from home. Amazing what few phone calls and not meeting with people all day can do to your efficiency.
Working from home gets old, bro. Just saying.
[Reply]
TLO 07:26 PM 05-10-2020

Glad you had an easy experience, lew.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:28 PM 05-10-2020
Working from home gets old, bro. Just saying.
Yeah I basically have to be on site as a supervisor anyway. I enjoy going to work but this was a nice change of pace.

Plus the damn kid at home makes it hard!

Glad your kid is ok, Pete.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:31 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Glad you had an easy experience, lew.
I’m not sure the mindfuck was easy! Waiting each day to see if you’ll get symptoms. Managing your entire staff and their worries with themselves/family. Trying to quarantine but realizing it’s impossible. Then worrying because you can’t quarantine that your wife or child may get it.

Now worrying that I didn’t even have it and won’t have any antibodies. :-)
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 07:42 PM 05-10-2020
I’m not sure the mind**** was easy! Waiting each day to see if you’ll get symptoms. Managing your entire staff and their worries with themselves/family. Trying to quarantine but realizing it’s impossible. Then worrying because you can’t quarantine that your wife or child may get it.

Yep, this whole thing is one big mind fuck
[Reply]
petegz28 08:09 PM 05-10-2020
Yeah I basically have to be on site as a supervisor anyway. I enjoy going to work but this was a nice change of pace.

Plus the damn kid at home makes it hard!

Glad your kid is ok, Pete.
Thanks! I like working from home on occasion. I used to do it every day for almost 3 years and it would drive me crazy at times. It has its benefits like not having to hop in the shower and deal with traffic. But all in all you get tired of being at work while you're at home if you know what I mean.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:12 PM 05-10-2020
I’m not sure the mind**** was easy! Waiting each day to see if you’ll get symptoms. Managing your entire staff and their worries with themselves/family. Trying to quarantine but realizing it’s impossible. Then worrying because you can’t quarantine that your wife or child may get it.

That's what we just went through. The mind fuck. Not only what if our kid had Covid but what do the Wife and I do now? Do we stay at home? Do we tell the neighbors? Is every cough now going to be over analyzed? I mean I literally started making arrangements in case one of us including the boy went into the hospital. I know this virus is serious as much as people like to give me shit about it but really I would just almost like to carry on with my life cause the worrying is a problem in and of itself.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:14 PM 05-10-2020
It's something people might need to do for other reasons besides covid. I know a few people who could improve their breath a lot by guzzling vinegar.
Lol. Now that’s a fact!
[Reply]
petegz28 08:23 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Odd thing to be cheering for, isn’t it? It is such a relief though lol.

My son is almost completely recovered from our scare last week.
It is. Last night I asked my Wife to check his throat and we thought we saw swollen tonsils but what the fuck do we know, right? I tossed and turned all night hoping it was something like that. The logical part of my kept trying to tell myself that the odds of him having Covid were very slim and that he most likely had something like strep. But when you can't turn the fucking tv on without seeing 4 out of 5 commercials about Covid your mind wanders.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:26 PM 05-10-2020

Hope you stay well.
[Reply]
Page 1972 of 3903
« First < 972147218721922196219681969197019711972 197319741975197619822022207224722972 > Last »
Up