ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1476 of 3903
« First < 47697613761426146614721473147414751476 147714781479148014861526157619762476 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bugeater 11:04 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Not nothing, just very, very, very little.
Dying from it? Yes. Spreading it around? No.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:04 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Good, then you know what he is. You brought politics here, not me.
Lmao, no I posted a follow up to the story that was posted. Considering the promising results these 39 senior citizens had you would think people would be more ecstatic.

Instead its the same group of triggered retards complaining because they see ghosts.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:05 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's death by a million paper cuts.... people who have to point out if something is political (and many times are wrong, or it's so subtle that it doesn't really matter), those who inadvertently post something that could be taken in a political light (such as a non-political statement from a politician, then see the first group of people), people who are obsessed with politics but their comments are so thinly-veiled it's more eye-roll inducing than anything (then see the first group of people again).

I really think it's the discussion about those groups of people that are killing the thread far more than the actual posts... I've seen very few blatantly political posts this week, and even then only a couple discussions that were DC-like.

It's the theory of "if everyone would ignore BlackBob, he'd just go away", because the alternative is to kick out at least a couple of the most active people in this thread...... not that I'm against Daface's idea, though.

Glad you're finally well on the road to recovery.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

And I get where you guys are coming from - but THEY (and we all know who) have a place specifically designed for them. They still come here for really no reason than to tweak people.

It would never happen, but I'd love it if each member had to make a choice - you're allowed to post in the Lounge or in DC, but not both. And if you choose the Lounge and start your DC bullshit, you get relocated.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:06 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Lmao, no I posted a follow up to the story that was posted. Considering the promising results these 39 senior citizens had you would think people would be more ecstatic.

Instead its the same group of triggered retards complaining because they see ghosts.
Why don't you educate me on how his trial was designed.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:06 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
But let me just go ahead and get the obvious retort out of the way:

DUNNING KRUGER

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Donger 11:06 AM 04-17-2020

I know why you posted it. I know who the doctor in question is and what his background is.

I also know you posted it in DC. Just stop, please. Keep it there where it belongs.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:06 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
God, I hate prednisone. I know that it works becauset I needed to take it for some weird allergy in the 90's in which my body broke out in full hives for no apparent reason, even after multiple tests which failed to determine the cause.

But man, it just messed my body up for about a year.
Really, how so? When I have taken it, it has worked great, with no long term after effects. When I have taken it, it has been for a wicked case of bronchitis.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:08 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
43 people got COVID in a retirement home, 39 of them were placed on hydroxychlorquine, since then none have died and the majority has fully recovered.

Considering what we have seen in other retirement communities, this would look promising right?
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:09 AM 04-17-2020

Just a thought here, but perhaps people would be a little more receptive if you hadn't previously sent this thread off the rails more than once with this topic.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:09 AM 04-17-2020
Really, how so? When I have taken it, it has worked great, with no long term after effects. When I have taken it, it has been for a wicked case of bronchitis.
Systemic corticosteroids have a lot of side effects, especially if taken for more than one week.

Adrenal suppression, agitation, insomnia, increased hunger, increased blood sugar, immune suppression, among others.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:10 AM 04-17-2020

Unfortunately science and research doesn't work the way YOU want it to but thankfully your opinions aren't facts no matter how hard to try and make them.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:10 AM 04-17-2020
I was thinking about this topic yesterday. I wonder what the overall fuel consumption level is in this country now, compared to pre Covid levels.
Originally Posted by Donger:
Gasoline now at $1.82/gallon
Yeah, the Chevron down the street from me is at $3.39 a gallon

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:11 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

via GIPHY

[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:11 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Just a thought here, but perhaps people would be a little more receptive if you hadn't previously sent this thread off the rails more than once with this topic.
I don't control the people in this thread, and I don't care too. This is a promising story building on top of other stories surrounding the drug. And in this specific instance no one has died, so yeah.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:11 AM 04-17-2020
43 people got COVID in a retirement home, 39 of them were placed on hydroxychlorquine, since then none have died and the majority has fully recovered.

Considering what we have seen in other retirement communities, this would look promising right?
Would they have survived without it?
[Reply]
Page 1476 of 3903
« First < 47697613761426146614721473147414751476 147714781479148014861526157619762476 > Last »
Up