ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 79
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Covers you like better than the original.
BigMeatballDave 01:29 PM 09-17-2015
I don't remember if we've done this before, but if we have, bite me. :-)

Manfred Mann: Blinded by the light

Bruce Springsteen:
[Reply]
eDave 10:59 PM 04-30-2020
Here's Sammy Hagar doing Whole Lot Of Rose.

[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 11:10 PM 04-30-2020

[Reply]
srvy 12:48 AM 05-14-2020
On a Youngbloods JCY kick and came across this.

Same Marvin Gaye songs with JCY a bit older at Daryl's House.

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:10 AM 05-14-2020
FWIW Post Malone did a Livestream Nirvana Tribute that is a passable cover. Pretty ambitious task and they did pretty well. Virtually nobody has gotten close to the sound, but they did a nice job.

Worth a look. They're wearing some weird shit, but whatever.
[Reply]
srvy 08:55 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
FWIW Post Malone did a Livestream Nirvana Tribute that is a passable cover. Pretty ambitious task and they did pretty well. Virtually nobody has gotten close to the sound, but they did a nice job.

Worth a look. They're wearing some weird shit, but whatever.
In all its glory including Grandma moo moos.

[Reply]
Gadzooks 01:41 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
In all its glory including Grandma moo moos.

More of a replication than a cover -IMO. Well executed, nonetheless.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 11:57 PM 06-12-2020

[Reply]
srvy 02:27 PM 06-20-2020

[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:51 AM 06-21-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Saw them at the Midland Theatre downtown KC when they recorded their "Live" album.

Great show. Their cover of Simple Man is second only to the orig.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:23 PM 06-21-2020
Not gonna say this is "better" because the original is one of the best songs sang by some of the best singers of our lifetime..

But in order to do a cover of this song, it pretty much has to be perfect or it just doesn't work.

This is the absolute best cover of this song. PERIOD. Not sure what they put in the water in the Philippines but it seems like all of those people can sing their asses off.

Katrina Velarde (and Morisette Amon for that matter - look her up) are the next Mariah and Whitney. Wish they'd get the nod and notoriety here in the US, they both most certainly deserve it.

Daryl Ong can sing his ass off too (taller guy in black leather jacket...look him up if you haven't heard him...dude has runs like not many singers I've heard...and he places his runs in perfect spots too and doesn't overdue it...which is important.

Anyways...here's the cover of One Sweet Day.

[Reply]
Brody Wa 02:47 PM 06-21-2020
Willie Nelson’s cover of Stella Blue originally done by the Grateful Dead, is the best cover in any genre of music 🎶.
[Reply]
srvy 05:33 PM 06-21-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Not gonna say this is "better" because the original is one of the best songs sang by some of the best singers of our lifetime..

But in order to do a cover of this song, it pretty much has to be perfect or it just doesn't work.

This is the absolute best cover of this song. PERIOD. Not sure what they put in the water in the Philippines but it seems like all of those people can sing their asses off.

Katrina Velarde (and Morisette Amon for that matter - look her up) are the next Mariah and Whitney. Wish they'd get the nod and notoriety here in the US, they both most certainly deserve it.

Daryl Ong can sing his ass off too (taller guy in black leather jacket...look him up if you haven't heard him...dude has runs like not many singers I've heard...and he places his runs in perfect spots too and doesn't overdue it...which is important.

Anyways...here's the cover of One Sweet Day.

I would trip thumb up that if I could. That's wonderful.

My wife is from the Phils and says at birth as a baby you are in front of family as they pass the mic taking turns on a karaoke machine. Everyone sings there not as good as that quartet, in fact some very bad like my wife but it doesn't stop her Filipino's love to sing. They learn to sing in English even if they don't understand the words. They train to pronounce perfectly while singing. Then totally struggle to speak in English as those folks did after the song. They are proud people and probably love Americans almost as much as Australians.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:01 PM 06-21-2020

[Reply]
|Zach| 11:02 PM 06-21-2020

[Reply]
|Zach| 11:02 PM 06-21-2020

[Reply]
Page 62 of 79
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Up