ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official LOL at the British Thread****
Pablo 07:57 AM 04-05-2024
I've taken quite a few potshots at Womble and other brits here through the years. I figure we may as well have a dedicated thread for all things Brit failure. Please feel free to add any and all hilarious british things here. Like how poor they are, or how bad their teeth are, or needing 124 licenses to exist! I'll start us off with a FB group I'm in sharing an illegal weapon!!!

[Reply]
bdj23 04:14 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
I might make a thread on decent British food. We have a long list of shitty foods/dishes but there's certainly a couple of dozen things we do that are very tasty. Deserts in particular are our forte and in my opinion you lot don't have anything that comes close to a well made sticky toffee pudding.
You guys need to keep it basic like in the Balkans. Smoked meat and cheese and liquor. That place is my paradise.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:18 PM 04-05-2024
I might make a thread on decent British food. We have a long list of shitty foods/dishes but there's certainly a couple of dozen things we do that are very tasty. Desserts in particular are our forte and in my opinion you lot don't have anything that comes close to a well made sticky toffee pudding.
A couple dozen?

You have exactly THREE!!!

But start that thread and show us some true artwork
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:19 PM 04-05-2024
I might make a thread on decent British food. We have a long list of shitty foods/dishes but there's certainly a couple of dozen things we do that are very tasty. Desserts in particular are our forte and in my opinion you lot don't have anything that comes close to a well made sticky toffee pudding.

The problem is you weirdos would call something a “pudding” when it’s concoction of chopped ferrets and cigarette butts.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:28 PM 04-05-2024
My wife watches that Great British Baking Show and from what little I've seen the judges will try and and trick the bakers into making some wild ass stuff like mad cow hoof and mouth disease cookies called Tops and Chonkers thinking they spoofed them

Then some countryside weirdo contestant will get all excited and say something like "me nan on meez [inaudible] side youz a make deez err fortnight durin a wolf moon wen weez ittle" like they have the upper hand in the challenge
[Reply]
Womble 04:33 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
A couple dozen?

You have exactly THREE!!!

But start that thread and show us some true artwork
For desserts off the top of my head: sticky toffee pudding, apple pie & apple crumble (both ours), egg custard tarts, Victoria sponge cake, bread & butter pudding, carrot cake, scones with jam & cream, Eton mess, treacle tart and Scotland's national dish - the deep fried mars bar.
[Reply]
Womble 05:01 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
You guys need to keep it basic like in the Balkans. Smoked meat and cheese and liquor. That place is my paradise.
I've been to Romania, Serbia and Croatia and my favourite thing from there was the dry-cured Romanian "Pleșcoi" sausages. But in general I'm more a fan of the cured/smoked meat platters you get from Spanish tapas bars/restaurants which I hear you don't really have many of in America.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:01 PM 04-05-2024
I think it's a shame that Rowan Atkinson is mostly known internationally for his Mr Bean character. Over here he's more associated with his role as Blackadder which is an all time top comedy. A lot of you seem to like your history and this ranks as easily the best historical sitcom I've ever watched.
Black Adder is awesome, incredible finish, beautifully done. Mr. Bean is pure shit.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 05:02 PM 04-05-2024
Of all the things they pushed on the people of India, cricket has to be the worst. Truly the dullest sport ever invented.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 05:02 PM 04-05-2024
I loved the scones. That was pretty much it. All fish had the skin on. The beer did get cold between my first visit and my second trip.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:52 PM 04-05-2024
For desserts off the top of my head: sticky toffee pudding, apple pie & apple crumble (both ours), egg custard tarts, Victoria sponge cake, bread & butter pudding, carrot cake, scones with jam & cream, Eton mess, treacle tart and Scotland's national dish - the deep fried mars bar.
Yeah sure some of those sweet pastries are surely indulgent treats, thats fine

But where are those uniquely British main courses?

Beef, chicken, lamb, pork, seafood... you're an island nation ffs, surely you have a killer seafood game beyond fish & chips?

Start the British foods thread, its will be educational and a great distraction during these offseason doldrums
[Reply]
alpha_omega 05:57 PM 04-05-2024
Peas. Do they have to be mushy?
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:03 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Peas. Do they have to be mushy?
Peas are my favorite veggie, and NO they dont have to be mushy... buy frozen and add them to a rolling boil with butter for 3 minutes tops
[Reply]
BWillie 06:08 PM 04-05-2024
Why are British people so ugly?
[Reply]
Fish 06:55 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
The brits greatest contribution to cinema; this is the peak of good looks and masculinity over there

That squish-faced reerun is so unfunny it makes me angry. I'll never understand the weird fascination with him.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:14 PM 04-05-2024
My impression is that Monty Python's Flying Circus was very innovative back when it came out, but I watched part of an episode a few months ago and turned it off halfway through. It was soooo boring and not funny at all. I'd never actually seen it before, so I was anticipatory when it started, and man, it was disappointing.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up