ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Getting surgery on mah face
rabblerouser 11:13 AM 04-08-2021
Nose job. Deviated septum. Gotta fix that shit.

Sitting in the waiting room, hungry and thirsty and wishing they would get this shit over with.

Thanks for making me laugh, CP.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:39 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Really?

I spent 30 years not being able to breathe through my nose and spent about 250 days out of every year with a sinus infection of some sort.

If I had to have the surgery every year for the rest of my life, I'd do it. It was worth it 1000x over.
This. I had endoscopic sinus surgery in 2016 that changed my life.

Time to bring it on home...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:39 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
It will be in about 6 months or so.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:52 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
This. I had endoscopic sinus surgery in 2016 that changed my life.

Time to bring it on home...
The one that really helped me was the frontal sinuplasty. They stuck a balloon up into the sinuses behind the eyes and stretched out the openings so they would drain. I'm about due to have it done again since I'm starting to get sinus headaches in the fall and spring.
[Reply]
seclark 11:55 AM 04-08-2021
i've had the surgery for deviated septum. plus my nose had been broken 3 or 4 times. before i had it done, i could never breath through my nose. after, i had no idea how great it was to be able to breath so easily.

the only bad part was when the doc pulled the cotton packing out of each nostril. find something to hang on to brother.
good luck!
sec
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:02 PM 04-08-2021
Had a broken nose in high school, but I didn’t know. Had sinuses, trouble breathing through mah nose, etc. Had the surgery, could breathe through both nostrils, it was great! Got popped in the nose 2 weeks later by my girlfriends little sister. Nose immediately swelled up, can’t breathe through one nostril (again). That was 25 years ago..........

Too much trouble to get it fixed.
[Reply]
seclark 12:11 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Had a broken nose in high school, but I didn’t know. Had sinuses, trouble breathing through mah nose, etc. Had the surgery, could breathe through both nostrils, it was great! Got popped in the nose 2 weeks later by my girlfriends little sister. Nose immediately swelled up, can’t breathe through one nostril (again). That was 25 years ago..........

yeah, surgeon was gonna do the sinus operation on me, but figured after he did the septum and chipped out the broken shit, everything would fix itself. it pretty much did. after that, i quit being so much of a smart ass and my nose never got broke again...go figure.
sec
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:22 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by seclark:
yeah, surgeon was gonna do the sinus operation on me, but figured after he did the septum and chipped out the broken shit, everything would fix itself. it pretty much did. after that i quit being so much of a smart ass and my nose never got broke again...go figure.
sec
This made me lol. I wish I had!!! :-)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:24 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by cabletech94:

If you weren't trying to slip lil sis the old salami you would breathing just fine.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:32 PM 04-08-2021

[Reply]
Kman34 12:47 PM 04-08-2021

Get well soon...
[Reply]
oldman 12:50 PM 04-08-2021
Been there, done that. The 1st time they pull the gauze out isn't too bad, but the 2nd time you'll need someone to hold you down when they pull the gauze out. Then you get to wear a gauze and snot mustache for a week or so. Enjoy!!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:53 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
Been there, done that. The 1st time they pull the gauze out isn't too bad, but the 2nd time you'll need someone to hold you down when they pull the gauze out. Then you get to wear a gauze and snot mustache for a week or so. Enjoy!!
Me too... however, I heard they don't use much gauze anymore, and use some plastic device and is way more comfortable, the gauze sucked, and I had two black eyes.
[Reply]
seclark 12:53 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
they only left mine in for 1day. my buddy had it done by another dr, and they left his in for a week. i can just imagine how his fuckin toes curled backwards when they pulled that out.
sec
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:55 PM 04-08-2021
you should have swung at the other person first
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:56 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Me too... however, I heard they don't use much gauze anymore, and use some plastic device and is way more comfortable, the gauze sucked, and I had two black eyes.
Yeah, I never had packing, just this spacer thingie. A course of steroids and Afrin to control the bleeding.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up