ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 324
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 08:40 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Not this stupid "play with intensity" and "bring an attitude" bullshit.

Reminds me of Gunther fans pimping that bloviating jackass.
What people are saying is they are tired of a bend but don’t break reactionary defense.

I want these guys attacking and trying to dictate the game.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:41 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
The offense coming out completely unprepared is a contributing reason to why they lost the game.
So is it Reid’s fault that Mahomes missed a wide open Williams in the end zone? Or took a sack that’s put us out of FG range?

Because the first half would’ve been irrelevant if we just got some points.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:44 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Chicken or the egg. I disagree. The defense didn't give the offense enough opportunities because they could not get off the field. TOP was totally in NE's favor. Mahomes had to sit cold on the bench most of the first half. The NE defensive scheme was good, but it was only a matter of time before the Chiefs' offense found its rhythm. And it did. A couple of more opportunities for the offense in the first half and the outcome would have been different. Blame the defense on this loss. Dee Ford gets extra helpings.
Andy Reid is known for his first 15 scripted plays. KC had success with it all year. NE shut them down. First two drives killed no time and had negative yards. That's on the offense. KC taking itself out of field goal range in the first half - on the offense. All year long everyone knew the O had to carry the D and they didn't help one damn bit for the first 30 minutes.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:45 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re an idiot. He had a very good defense two years ago. When’s the last time Pagano had one?

John Pagano :-)

Seriously, why the fuck do you get so much respect on this board? You don’t know shit. You’re an arrogant condescending moron.
I don't talk about how Steven Nelson is a good CB
I don't make up shit and then deflect when called on it
I don't pimp Adam Gase as a QB guru
I don't ignore 90 percent of someone's points and take the other ten percent wildly out of context.

Go look up the average rankings of their last five defenses.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:45 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What people are saying is they are tired of a bend but don’t break reactionary defense.

I want these guys attacking and trying to dictate the game.
The top 4 offenses made it to their respective title games. Defenses aren't going to dictate shit in the new NFL. There's a method to the madness that is bend but don't break.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:45 AM 01-25-2019
You’re an idiot. He had a very good defense two years ago. When’s the last time Pagano had one?

John Pagano :-)

Seriously, why the **** do you get so much respect on this board? You don’t know shit. You’re an arrogant condescending moron.
He had a good defense because the Giants spent 200 million on defense in one off season
[Reply]
staylor26 08:46 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Andy Reid is known for his first 15 scripted plays. KC had success with it all year. NE shut them down. First two drives killed no time and had negative yards. That's on the offense. KC taking itself out of field goal range in the first half - on the offense. All year long everyone knew the O had to carry the D and they didn't help one damn bit for the first 30 minutes.
Yet put up 31 points in the second half and had the lead late in the game, but the defense couldn’t hold on.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:46 AM 01-25-2019
1. Bullshit. That worked for us all year long. It’s what we do. If we come out and get a stop you aren’t saying this.

2. Yes this was probably his one mistake. I still put that TD on Nelson though.

3. We scored 31 pts in the second half. I’d say his adjustments were fine.

4. This is true but it doesn’t have anything to do with that game. We should’ve won with or without Sutton.
1. Absolutely not. I thought it was the wrong decision at the time. You can’t just do what you’ve done all year against NE in the CCG. You have to take risks and roll the dice. Letting Pat sit on the bench for 8 minutes to start the game was brutal. Only way to 100% avoid that was to give him the ball. Chiefs are built to play with a lead.

2. Fuck Nelson

3. Most dynamic player in football got one touch. That’s s massive fail regardless of how many points were scored.

4. This one was mostly tongue in cheek on my part.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:48 AM 01-25-2019
Book mark this thread everyone
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:48 AM 01-25-2019
I think I'm just going to block bleeding red. So much stupid. Nasty little negative Nancy won't listen to any evidence, just keeps plowing on with his bullshit take. You must be a lot of fun to be around.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:49 AM 01-25-2019
So is it Reid’s fault that Mahomes missed a wide open Williams in the end zone? Or took a sack that’s put us out of FG range?

Because the first half would’ve been irrelevant if we just got some points.
Tell me how this works. The defense lets Brady march up and down the field and it's Sutton's fault for playing the Tampa 2 and not being aggressive off the line. Coaching bears a large portion of responsibility.

But, when the OL can't pass protect and pick up a stunt and Mahomes is under pressure it has nothing to do with coaching?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:49 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
He had a good defense because the Giants spent 200 million on defense in one off season
His last seven defences averaged 25th.

Hey staylor, what were Pagano's averages?
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:50 AM 01-25-2019

We ran on first and second downs that is uncharacteristic for this team. It's like he wanted to copy cat BB game plan for running the ball. Patrick never got into a rhythm and it showed. Should have gone out the gates firing on all cylinders. We beat the Patriots 31-17 in the second half but we lost it in the first half out coached.

Andy Reid has a track record in Philly to lose NFC championships he has to absorb some of the blame. There is not a coach in any sport that can't absorb some blame when their team loses.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:50 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think I'm just going to block bleeding red. So much stupid. Nasty little negative Nancy won't listen to any evidence, just keeps plowing on with his bullshit take. You must be a lot of fun to be around.
Do it pussy
[Reply]
tyton75 08:50 AM 01-25-2019
Jesus, you'd think that half of Chiefsplanet is going to kill themselves after this hire. Calm down. Its not a sexy or fantastic hire, but he will be far better than Sutton. He will be more aggressive and may get beat over the top some.. so what?

As long as we aren't going to run Suttons 2-gap system; I'll be happy. Let Jones, and the other lineman have one gap and attack it.

Spags is known to bring blitz's from any direction at anytime. I can't recall ever seeing Sutton run a well executed blitz. I'm sure he did, but not often enough for it to register.

again, relax; lets see what pans out.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 324
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up