ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 319
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:48 AM 02-11-2021
Dane Brugler and Matt Miller both have us taking Landon Dickerson, OG/OC in the first round.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:49 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dude, you have unrealistic expectations and you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

The Chiefs will sign guys like Remmers and Osemele while drafting a couple guys too.

They aren’t going to sign any top free agents.

And they’ll be fine because the OL wasn’t even much of an issue until they had Remmers and Wylie as their bookends.
Just 1 is not ideal, but whatever. Out of your goddamned minds if you think pencilling in both those brokedicks to be starters is a good idea.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:51 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Just 1 is not ideal, but whatever. Out of your goddamned minds if you think pencilling in both those brokedicks to be starters is a good idea.
The offense was completely fine when Remmers was at RT.

Penciling them in as starters is fine as long as we also improve our depth. The goal is to make sure we never have those 2 as our T’s again. As long as we do that, we’ll be alright.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:51 AM 02-11-2021
Idk that injuries are something you can be too predictive of when it comes to linemen. They all seem to get hurt at different times, especially how LDT did with guys falling on his legs.

Even iron man Schwartz couldn’t last forever.

Just get as many capable ones as you can.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:53 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Idk that injuries are something you can be too predictive of when it comes to linemen. They all seem to get hurt at different times, especially how LDT did with guys falling on his legs.

Even iron man Schwartz couldn’t last forever.

Just get as many capable ones as you can.
Osemele tore both his knee ligaments running down the field. After his myriad of injury issues throughout his career, I think you can pretty confidently put him in the brokedick tier.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 02-11-2021
Osemele tore both his knee ligaments running down the field. After his myriad of injury issues throughout his career, I think you can pretty confidently put him in the brokedick tier.
Don't disagree. At all. But he's gonna be cheap. And if he's healthy, you can get a big surplus of value from him if he stays healthy. I'd also draft some guys in there, but you're gonna have to hit on something here.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:55 AM 02-11-2021
When I say sign him, I’m saying for the minimum.

Because if he does play, especially in the playoffs, the value is likely to be tremendous.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:56 AM 02-11-2021
I think a lot of times there's a physical ceiling with low picks and UDFA's. There are exceptions (small school, or poor coaching, etc.)

I think what we ran into is what happens when injuries plus the limitations of developing depth from low range talent combined.

We won't be signing high end FA's I don't think, but yes, some lower end vets will be necessary. Osemele, if he can play would be great. Remmers probably returns although I sincerely hope he's not starting.

And Niang you have to hope hits. and you're going to need to draft a couple.

And hope that maybe a Darryl Williams, or Prince Wanegho can play.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:05 AM 02-11-2021
We also got an incredibly lucky draw through the AFC side of the playoff bracket this year that helped mask our OL woes.

Cleveland was playing without Vernon and Garrett was on a snap count and clearly hurting when he did play.

Buffalo had a good chunk of their DL on the IR and their DEs really aren't that good at rushing the passer anyway.

Hell, we almost lost the Falcons game and a chance to lock up HFA early because Grady Jarrett made the IOL his collective bitch.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:06 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Dane Brugler and Matt Miller both have us taking Landon Dickerson, OG/OC in the first round.
That doesn't seem to be all that great of value at #31.

I'd rather DE or one of the OT's.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:07 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
When I say sign him, I’m saying for the minimum.

Because if he does play, especially in the playoffs, the value is likely to be tremendous.
I’d bring him back and put him on the practice squad for quality depth.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:09 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’d bring him back and put him on the practice squad for quality depth.
:-) Sign him to the PS and hold him until the playoffs? That'd be hilarious if it happened.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:11 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
That doesn't seem to be all that great of value at #31.

I'd rather DE or one of the OT's.
Nope.

In Miller’s case he states that it’s what he’s hearing....not what he would do.

Not a fan of drafting a lineman coming off an ACL tear to fix the line.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:12 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Nope.

In Miller’s case he states that it’s what he’s hearing....not what he would do.

Not a fan of drafting a lineman coming off an ACL tear to fix the line.
He’s hearing the Chiefs want Dickerson?

Could you post the quote please?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:17 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s hearing the Chiefs want Dickerson?

Could you post the quote please?
Not necessarily the player.

Originally Posted by :
But first, a few rules:

* No trades.
* No compensatory picks until they’re all announced by the NFL.
* Team needs are pre-free agency, which means some top tier needs will be met by re-signing current players.
* This mock is based on what I’m hearing, not what I would do.
Originally Posted by :
31. Kansas City Chiefs —
Team Needs: Tier 1 CB, WR, IOL | Tier 2 LB, OT, TE | Tier 3 IDL, EDGE, CB

The Pick: OC LANDON DICKERSON, ALABAMA
Analysis: There should be one mission in Kansas City this off-season: Protect Patrick Mahomes.

Many will look at the Chiefs’ offensive line and assume that they’ll be fine if healthy in 2021, but a closer look tells you it’s unlikely they’ll be healthy. Or fine.

Eric Fisher tore his Achilles in the AFC Championship Game. He’s out a year. Minimum.

Mitchell Schwartz hurt his back in October and hasn’t practiced since. There were rumors throughout the playoff run that he could retire.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif opted out of the 2020 season and could return, but he was a rumored cap casualty before the season. He could be waived as the team moves into expensive years for Frank Clark, Chris Jones and Tyrann Mathieu.

The interior of this line was already patchwork, which was exposed in the Super Bowl as Mahomes ran for his life. General manager Brett Veach watched his star player take shot after shot on Sunday night. That lasting image will prompt him to secure the offensive line through the 2021 draft.

To start that process, finding a captain on the line and an anchor in the middle is gigantic. Landon Dickerson has the toughness, leadership, strength and technique to be trusted with creating the pocket for Mahomes to step up into. He’s a Day 1 starter who finds himself available this late only because a torn ACL suffered in the SEC Championship Game.

Dickerson would be slated for an early season return. Right in time to slide into the starting center spot.

[Reply]
Page 29 of 319
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up