ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 319
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:07 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
If we draft an OL with our first pick, don't go screaming bloody hell some of you......you know who you are. :-)

(2) OL
(1) WR tall and strong
(1) Pass rusher
(1) LB
(1) TE
(1) Punter

That's my wish list
And if they don't draft an OL with the first pick, don't go screaming bloody hell some of you...you know who you are. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:09 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And if they don't draft an OL with the first pick, don't go screaming bloody hell some of you...you know who you are. :-)
Not me boss. I'm looking second round.

But I won't be mad if we do it in the first.

Then I'll want a DE in the second.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:10 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
based solely on mocks and mock machines, yeah, you have to get Mayfield by the late 30's. Eichenberg is reported as a 'plug and play LT' and is usually there at #64. Radunz and Little as well. Those two are probably less immediately ready, but might have a higher ceiling.

Those 4 are guys I'm personally kind of targeting, which of course means nothing at all. In Veach I trust, but I think at least a couple of those guys will be there at #64 and I'd be really surprised if we don't grab one.

Personally, I'm more on the DE in round one train as I think a legit pass rush threat opposite Clark would make that line a dominant one and the defense into a top 5 type defense.
Completely agree about DE in round 1. That’s where I see value at in the draft and considering positional value and need, so I think we need to grab one while we can. It could be Phillips, Oweh, Ossai, or even Ojulari if they think they can get creative, but there’s going to be a pass rusher that is too good to pass up there.

As for Eichenbeg, I think he’s a LT for a power running scheme, but if you’re drafting him for the Chiefs, Niang projects better to LT. In other words, if they’re taking him at 31 it’s to play RT only.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:11 PM 02-10-2021
Exactly, I think the response would be much worse in this scenario.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:11 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Not me boss. I'm looking second round.

But I won't be mad if we do it in the first.

Then I'll want a DE in the second.
What if they don't draft an OT until the 4th?

What if they don't draft one at all?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:12 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly, I think the response would be much worse in this scenario.
I agree.

I think there's a large contingent that aren't sold on drafting an OL high, myself included, but would be fine if they did.

I think there's a large contingent however, that are going to be very upset if they don't.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:12 PM 02-10-2021

Put it this way. If we're pencilling in scrubs like Wylie and Remmers to start next season then I would consider it a complete and total failure on the part of Veach and a personal affront to Mahomes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Put it this way. If we're pencilling in scrubs like Wylie and Remmers to start next season then I would consider it a complete and total failure on the part of Veach and a personal affront to Mahomes.
So winning a Super Bowl and making it to another means nothing to a fanbase that hasn't seen a single Super Bowl appearance in FIFTY years?

All good will with Andy and Veach is gone if they don't address the offensive line exactly the way you want?
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:15 PM 02-10-2021
Remmers was just fine at RT last season.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:16 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Shitty year to not have a combine. We could use the draft prep to take a hard look at both lines and the WRs :-)
On the other hand-

I think we have a HUGE advantage. Front office in place, scouting in place, offensive and defensive coaches and systems in place, no questions about what sort of player attributes we're looking for and how they would fit going forward.

The teams with brand new GM's and coaches are at a big disadvantage. I mean, their whole organizations are in disarray and can't rely as much on the combine. Along with a weird plague year which makes player evaluations dodgy.

I think we're in a really good spot, and it seems to be a deep and talented draft in positions where we have needs.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:17 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Remmers was just fine at RT last season.
Don't give a flying fuck after his performance in the Super Bowl. He's not trustworthy anymore after that. We should've known after Von Miller almost literally raped him in Super Bowl 50.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:18 PM 02-10-2021
They’re going to make moves either way.

Remmers and Wylie, even if they’re starting, won’t be our bookends. I can tell you that much. That’s the only time they were even that big of an issue.

Again, that’s why you can’t overreact to one game. It was a patchwork OL, and our starting OL in 2021 will look very different and even that one won’t be final once Fisher returns.

They’ll sign a couple guys and likely draft a couple too.

But they don’t HAVE to take 1 in the first 2 picks.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:19 PM 02-10-2021

Then every time Mahomes get sacked next year we will say 'told told you so'.

:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:19 PM 02-10-2021

I think there is very little chance of that happening.

If it somehow does, it would indicate that they're going to seek help in FA. I don't see how they can afford to do that, but in Veach I trust.

I don't think there's any way in hell they don't address the offensive line problems in a meaningful way. I think it's suicidal to not protect the leagues best and most valuable player.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:20 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They’re going to make moves either way.

Remmers and Wylie, even if they’re starting, won’t be our bookends. I can tell you that much. That’s the only time they were even that big of an issue.

Again, that’s why you can’t overreact to one game. It was a patchwork OL, and our starting OL in 2021 will look very different and even that one won’t be final once Fisher returns.

They’ll sign a couple guys and likely draft a couple too.

But they don’t HAVE to take 1 in the first 2 picks.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 319
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up