ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 319
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:50 PM 02-10-2021
I don't see how the 1st rounder can be anything besides OL. I would be in favor of a modest trade up to get one if necessary. LDT wasn't great before opting out, Niang is a total mystery, both tackles may never be back to their old selves physically, and the interior is a dumpster fire.

It doesn't matter who the WRs are if Mahomes is injured.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:55 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Some guys like DJ and McShay are VERY high on Tryon.

Others have in the 3rd.

It’s going to be a very weird draft with no consensus among the experts.
No doubt we’re going to pick up multiple DL somewhere. Not sure where but we know Spags likes to have depth there.
[Reply]
Pants 12:58 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I don't see how the 1st rounder can be anything besides OL. I would be in favor of a modest trade up to get one if necessary. LDT wasn't great before opting out, Niang is a total mystery, both tackles may never be back to their old selves physically, and the interior is a dumpster fire.

It doesn't matter who the WRs are if Mahomes is injured.
This hypothetical OT we draft in the first round will be a sure thing and not a total mystery like Niang. Gotcha.
[Reply]
scho63 01:05 PM 02-10-2021
If we draft an OL with our first pick, don't go screaming bloody hell some of you......you know who you are. :-)

(2) OL
(1) WR tall and strong
(1) Pass rusher
(1) LB
(1) TE
(1) Punter

That's my wish list
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:06 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Shitty year to not have a combine. We could use the draft prep to take a hard look at both lines and the WRs :-)
Or is it?

I trust Veach’s eye for talent. Might help someone drop to us who would’ve jumped up the board.

Veach clearly considers what guys do the year before they come out. Isn’t that basically how we got Sneed and Danna? Weren’t both better the year before they came out?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:17 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
This hypothetical OT we draft in the first round will be a sure thing and not a total mystery like Niang. Gotcha.
Exactly. I don’t know why people think anybody we draft isn’t going to be just as much of a question mark.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:18 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Or is it?

I trust Veach’s eye for talent. Might help someone drop to us who would’ve jumped up the board.

Veach clearly considers what guys do the year before they come out. Isn’t that basically how we got Sneed and Danna? Weren’t both better the year before they came out?
Yup. This is a scouts draft and it should be an advantage for us.

It’s the same reason we got guys like Danna, Sneed, and Wharton last year.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:34 PM 02-10-2021
Who could we sign in FA for LT that would be both affordable and play well enough as a stop gap for Fisher?
What round could we find a starting Center in this draft?
[Reply]
mkp785 01:40 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Or is it?

Good point. Maybe I was just thinking for CP's benefit. None of us get to watch the combine and argue about this prospect vs that one.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:43 PM 02-10-2021
We talk about the need to invest at OL and unanimously agree I think.

But a forgotten investment (maybe for good reason, idk), is Rankin. He was the 80th overall pick just a few years back by Houston and played at a seemingly solid level when starting at guard in 2019.

Maybe another offseason removed from injury, he can provide starting competition and depth at minimum for the guard spot.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:59 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Niang was a 3rd rounder who was injured prior to the draft, and opted out of his rookie season.

There is no guarantee that a first round OL will be a world-beater, but the same can be said of every other position. No WR or DE will help prevent Mahomes from having his dick knocked into the dirt.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:02 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Niang was a 3rd rounder who was injured prior to the draft, and opted out of his rookie season.

There is no guarantee that a first round OL will be a world-beater, but the same can be said of every other position. No WR or DE will help prevent Mahomes from having his dick knocked into the dirt.
Niang might’ve been a 3rd round pick, but don’t kid yourself, that’s only because of said injury.

He’s a 1st round talent and as good as any guy we can draft at 31 when healthy.

Dude was nails against Young/Bosa and looks to be healthy and working out. I think he’s going to start at RT and surprise some people.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:05 PM 02-10-2021
I just have a hard time seeing T being BPA at 31. Too many teams with a need at T picking in the 20’s. Mayfield is the only guy I think has a legitimate shot to make it to 31, and I don’t even think that’s likely.

Then in round 2, I’d love for somebody like Dillon Radunz to fall to 63, but again, I just don’t think that’s likely.

I like Walker Little a lot, but I don’t see him being a top 64 guy since he hasn’t played football since getting injured in 2019.

Ideally and realistically, I think you go DE/WR in the first 2 rounds and trade up for a guy like Little on round 3.
based solely on mocks and mock machines, yeah, you have to get Mayfield by the late 30's. Eichenberg is reported as a 'plug and play LT' and is usually there at #64. Radunz and Little as well. Those two are probably less immediately ready, but might have a higher ceiling.

Those 4 are guys I'm personally kind of targeting, which of course means nothing at all. In Veach I trust, but I think at least a couple of those guys will be there at #64 and I'd be really surprised if we don't grab one.

Personally, I'm more on the DE in round one train as I think a legit pass rush threat opposite Clark would make that line a dominant one and the defense into a top 5 type defense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:05 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
we don't HAVE to do anything.

It's a deep, talented draft at a position where he have question marks and glaring weaknesses.

It's need meets value meets supply.

I mean I just don't see how they don't do it.
The same could be said of both WR and DE. We have needs at those positions too and there will be value there.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:06 PM 02-10-2021
Niang might’ve been a 3rd round pick, but don’t kid yourself, that’s only because of said injury.

He’s a 1st round talent and as good as any guy we can draft at 31 when healthy.

Dude was nails against Young/Bosa and looks to be healthy and working out. I think he’s going to start at RT and surprise some people.
this is my hope as well.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 319
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up