ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 319
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:15 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
My advice would be to start by looking at who is about to hit free agency from the Chiefs...

Sammy Watkins
Daniel Sorensen
Bashaud Breeland
Alex Okafor
Damien Wilson
Demarcus Robinson
Austin Reiter
Kelechi Osemele
Mike Remmers
Anthony Sherman
Tanoh Kpassagnon
Daniel Kilgore
Stefen Wisniewski
Antonio Hamilton
Mike Pennel
Le'Veon Bell
Ricky Seals-Jones
Taco Charlton

Deon Yelder
Andrew Wylie RFA
Gehrig Dieter SFA
Chris Lammons NOT a FA
Darrel Williams RFA
Ben Niemann RFA
Charvarius Ward RFA
Byron Pringle RFA
Alex Brown ERFA
Nick Keizer ERFA
Emmanuel Smith SFA

By the way.. look at that list.. we are not set in the secondary by any means...
These guys will all be back on tender level contracts, so cheap. Anyone know what SFA means?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:18 AM 02-10-2021
If I were calling the shots, I'd find a way to replace Fisher AND Schwartz.

But that's just not reality.

Schwartz COULD retire but then the Chiefs have to go after what's left of his guaranteed money to get that off the cap. It could happen but it also might not.

With Fisher, they almost certainly would have extended him before the injury and my guess is the the Chiefs aren't just going to fly off and replace him before they know what the situation is. Which means they're going to hang onto him and his cap number and be in limbo until probably mid-next season.

I'd say it's just as likely they draft ZERO offensive tackles as it is they pick up TWO.

My gut says you're looking at Niang starting out at RT with a stop-gap like Remmers or Rankin at LT until they know what they have in Fisher.

Again, not what I would do but what I think they will do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:19 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
These guys will all be back on tender level contracts, so cheap. Anyone know what SFA means?
I wouldn't count on Ward being back. He may get an offer the Chiefs don't want to match. The rest of them will likely be back, including Wylie.
[Reply]
TEX 11:20 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I just think this-

We have two injured offensive tackles, both over 30, both very questionable moving forward, at least for 2021, and no guarantees after that.

Both are also not inexpensive players.

2021's NFL draft is unusually deep with talented offensive tackles.

The math just sort of seems unavoidable doesn't it?
Does to me. We also have a redshirt rookie RT on the roster. Would be fantastic if he is good enough to start next season.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:26 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I wouldn't count on Ward being back. He may get an offer the Chiefs don't want to match. The rest of them will likely be back, including Wylie.
Really? You think Ward is gone? I mean, I would tender him at the 2nd round level but that’s just me.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:27 AM 02-10-2021
Dude, Ward isn’t going anywhere. They aren’t going to lose both starting corners.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:27 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Really? You think Ward is gone? I mean, I would tender him at the 2nd round level but that’s just me.
That’s exactly what they will do.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:28 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Does to me. We also have a redshirt rookie RT on the roster. Would be fantastic if he is good enough to start next season.
If Niang can be the starter at RT at an above average level, then Veach’s job just got a whole hell of a lot easier.

That would give us Allegretti, LDT, and Niang starting in Week 1. Filling 2 spots is doable, especially if Fisher can come back mid season.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 11:29 AM 02-10-2021
Bring back:
Daniel Sorensen
Bashaud Breeland
Alex Okafor
Damien Wilson
Mike Remmers
Anthony Sherman
Tanoh Kpassagnon
Mike Pennel
Charvarius Ward RFA
Byron Pringle RFA

Rest can pound sand.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They're not going to cut him. They'll probably tender him at a 2nd rounder, agreed.

It then becomes about what they want to match. If he can get Steven Nelson money, they'll probably take the pick and let him go.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That’s exactly what they will do.
Of course they'll tender him. That's exactly what I said they'd do.

It all comes down to what he gets offered and whether or not they can match.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:34 AM 02-10-2021
A team isn’t going to give up a 2nd rounder AND pay Ward. That’s highly unlikely.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Bring back:
Daniel Sorensen
Bashaud Breeland
Alex Okafor
Damien Wilson
Mike Remmers
Anthony Sherman
Tanoh Kpassagnon
Mike Pennel
Charvarius Ward RFA
Byron Pringle RFA

Rest can pound sand.
We can get younger and more athletic than Sorenson for a fraction of the cost.

Okafor can't even pound sand, he'd get hurt doing it.

And Tanoh is a waste of a roster spot. He can go flip burgers.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:35 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
A team isn’t going to give up a 2nd rounder AND pay Ward. That’s highly unlikely.
It could still happen. All I'm saying is it's not guaranteed he'll be back. He likely will be but we won't know until we see what the market is.

There are dumb teams in the NFL that do stupid shit every year at this time. It only takes one team to do it and he's gone.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:37 AM 02-10-2021
It could still happen. All I'm saying is it's not guaranteed he'll be back. He likely will be but we won't know until we see what the market is.

There are dumb teams in the NFL that do stupid shit every year at this time. It only takes one team to do it and he's gone.
Sure, “anything can happen”.

But this won’t. Ward will be a Chief for at least one more year.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 319
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up