ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 207
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
Indian Chief 08:37 PM 01-01-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Jefferson’s Ocean has a retarded price point for what it is.
Yeah, just like a lot of these special releases. Seems gimmicky to a certain extent.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 09:31 PM 01-01-2019
ok here's my haul from December
Attached: IMG_6600.jpg (161.1 KB) 
[Reply]
penguinz 09:32 PM 01-01-2019
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
The Stagg is better than the RVW.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:38 PM 01-01-2019
My fucking God.

I'd kill for a Stagg.

How many BJs or OTPHJs did you give for those?
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 09:39 PM 01-01-2019
Originally Posted by penguinz:
The Stagg is better than the RVW.
Totally agree. I'm all about that barrel proof bourbon. I was able to get the Rip for $60 so I couldn't turn it down. Ha
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 09:43 PM 01-01-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
My ****ing God.

I'd kill for a Stagg.

How many BJs or OTPHJs did you give for those?
You'd think I'd have to give up my mouth for this haul. :-) The liquor store fucked up and sold my Pappy 15 year I had won in a lottery. Not only will I get a 15 year next year but they sold me the ORVW at cost and then paid retail on the Staggs which was something like $100 each.
[Reply]
JimNasium 01:12 PM 01-10-2019
I’ll be attending a not-for-profit fundraiser in Springfield where they will live auction a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 20 year. If you are interested, PM me. I can tell you the where and when or I’d be happy to proxy bid for you.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 02:10 PM 01-10-2019
Sweet!!! How long is that going to last?
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 02:22 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Sweet!!! How long is that going to last?
Typically a couple years. It helps when I have about 15 bottles already open so they last much longer. I had opened a BTAC Weller over the death of a great friend a couple years ago and only go to it on his death anniversary and birthday for some odd reason. I also have a 22 year old bourbon I opened when the Chiefs won their playoff game after a 22 year one and done streak. I’ll be busting that out Saturday for some good mojo.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 02:25 PM 01-10-2019
Typically a couple years. It helps when I have about 15 bottles already open so they last much longer. I had opened a BTAC Weller over the death of a great friend a couple years ago and only go to it on his death anniversary and birthday for some odd reason. I also have a 22 year old bourbon I opened when the Chiefs won their playoff game after a 22 year one and done streak. I’ll be busting that out Saturday for some good mojo.
Enjoy brother!!!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:32 PM 01-10-2019
You guys that live in Springfield/Branson have a MUCH better selection than we do in STL. Wife was down there for work this week and picked up the following at Macadoodles:

Blood Oath Pact Four
EH Taylor Small Batch (x2)
Black Maple Hill
Willet Pot Still Reserve
Eagle Rare

The Branson location had a bottle of Heaven Hill 25 Year but it was spoken for.
[Reply]
phisherman 05:51 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
You guys that live in Springfield/Branson have a MUCH better selection than we do in STL. Wife was down there for work this week and picked up the following at Macadoodles:

Blood Oath Pact Four
EH Taylor Small Batch (x2)
Black Maple Hill
Willet Pot Still Reserve
Eagle Rare

The Branson location had a bottle of Heaven Hill 25 Year but it was spoken for.
EH, Eagle and Blood Oath are decent.

Sorry, but Pot Still is just awful. Sourced young whiskey that is in a cool looking bottle.

And Black Maple Hill, oh, Black Maple Hill, how you have fallen. That label has all of its rep because the whiskey used to come from Julian Van Winkle 8-10 years ago. Now it's from a craft distillery in Oregon and it's young, green and terrible (not to mention terribly overpriced).

Oh well, at least with those last two you will have good bourbon for cocktails.
[Reply]
shitgoose 06:07 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by phisherman:

Sorry, but Pot Still is just awful. Sourced young whiskey that is in a cool looking bottle.

And Black Maple Hill, oh, Black Maple Hill, how you have fallen. That label has all of its rep because the whiskey used to come from Julian Van Winkle 8-10 years ago. Now it's from a craft distillery in Oregon and it's young, green and terrible (not to mention terribly overpriced).

Couldn't agree more on the black maple Hill. I've siphoned gasoline that tasted better
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:14 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by phisherman:

I guess I have a higher opinion of EH, ER and Blood Oath. I think the first two are solid for the price. Bought the Blood Oath for BIL who is a bourbon snob.

Re: BMH...I haven't had a bottle in over a decade, so I guess I'm going to be disappointed. It was amazing when I had it last.

I've never had the Willett. Glad it was the cheapest of the bunch.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:30 PM 01-10-2019
Willett Pot Still is just terrible.

NEVER BUY IT.

EH is the best of those you listed.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 207
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Up