ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 319
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:25 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Not hard when most of them were ****ing backups.
Well sure, but Schwartz, Fisher, Osemele won't be there week 1 either. So it's not like it's gonna be just a case of the people that got hurt retaking their spots. They're gonna be bringing in several new guys.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:25 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
well there's a big difference in my opinion between a healthy LDT and Wylie.

In my opinion, LDT can be a starting level player on an acceptably good offensive line.

Wylie, in my opinion, is a player that you have to try to cover for. While that's normal for a back-up level player, I don't think that should be an acceptable standard for a starter.

And while I would certainly draft an OT (and do so probably within the first two rounds judging by the mocks, and yes, it's early, and yes we don't know how it will shake out and no, I don't want to just draft anyone because I'm not an idiot) I would also try to nab a crusty old vet chasing a ring on a cheap deal to plug in and hold the fort until A)said rookie is ready to play or B)Fisher returns.
I think it's foolhardy however, to assume that Fisher will be 100% as soon as he's cleared to play. That seems very unrealistic. This is where a Jason Peters (yes he's OLD) would be a smart and dirt cheap pick-up.

I fully expect that Schwartz is done. I don't think it's safe to assume anything else other than he's taken his last snaps.
I think Schwartz is done and they'll get his money back via settlement.

I think a lot of people are just assuming that Fisher is going to be gone and they're going to get that $12M in cap space.

Let me be perfectly clear:

That is NOT happening.

First, I don't think the Chiefs will even WANT to get rid of him. He was their very first pick, the #1 overall, and has done the team friendly every time they've asked him. They're not going to cut him, they're going to rehab him and bring him back.

And even if we get past what the Chiefs want, it matters what Fisher wants. They can't cut him. They would have to reach an agreement with him on the injury and if he doesn't want to play ball, they're stuck. The NFLPA will absolutely have his back if they try and it would be a mess that would make any momentum gained by getting rid of him moot.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:25 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Me:

You can’t completely overhaul the OL with 5 new starters

You:

Yes you can.

You (today):

I’m not arguing for overhauling the entire OL.

And no, it not realistic to expect to sign one of the top free agents on the OL.
Yeah, it's really disingenuous to say that when you actually understood what I meant by completely overhaul last night. I have never, not once said all 5 starters would be new.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:25 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Jesus fucking Christ, READ. I SAID ONE OF THEM. Ideally Linsley and in fantasy land Kelce if he's cut.
I did read and thus deleted my post with a reason of "can't read".

:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:26 PM 02-11-2021
Scherff is going to get more than $15 million a season.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:26 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I did read and thus deleted my post with a reason of "can't read".

:-) All good. I'm just venting the frustration of this Super Bowl loss.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:27 PM 02-11-2021
:-) All good. I'm just venting the frustration of this Super Bowl loss.
I know man. Trust me, it's not personal. We good, always will be. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 12:27 PM 02-11-2021
Yeah, it's really disingenuous to say that when you actually understood what I meant by completely overhaul last night. I have never, not once said all 5 starters would be new.
How is this disingenuous?

There are 5 spots on the OL.

You can’t overhaul the entire thing without multiple free agents and draft picks.

They’ll have 2-3 new starters max.
Why sure you can. Plenty of interior OL talent is currently slated to be available this Offseason. Scherff and Thuney are upgrades to the G position and Linsley would be a huge get at C. Sign one of them and draft a cornerstone LT by trading up and you're already nearly there, especially if LDT and Niang can hold down the right side.

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:27 PM 02-11-2021
We're going to sing a top 5 center in this offseason for more than $10M AAV.

His name is Austin Reiter.

[Reply]
O.city 12:28 PM 02-11-2021
I could see 3 new starters on the OL. It's probably needed. Although I think if you added a really good C and a solid G, it would go a long way.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:29 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We're going to sing a top 5 center in this offseason for more than $10M AAV.

His name is Austin Reiter.

Compared to Wylie....Reiter deserves to be in the HOF.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:29 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I could see 3 new starters on the OL. It's probably needed. Although I think if you added a really good C and a solid G, it would go a long way.
The issue is that at least one "new" starter is likely already on the team in Niang.

And would you consider LDT a new starter even though he didn't play?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:29 PM 02-11-2021
Me:

You can’t completely overhaul the OL with 5 new starters

You:

Yes you can.

You (today):

I’m not arguing for overhauling the entire OL.

And no, it not realistic to expect to sign one of the top free agents on the OL.
I think a little of this is weird situation/injury issues/covid opt outs.

I think it's entirely likely that at least 4 of the 5 guys that played this Super Bowl will not be starting in week 1.

I think we can assume LDT is probably starting, for example.
I think we can assume based on free agency projections Reiter won't be back.
I think it would be a mistake for Wylie to be in our starting 5.
It's possible they bring back Remmers to start at RT but that wasn't even the plan in 2020; I doubt that he's penciled in to start there in '21. He sure as hell isn't the plan at LT.

The only guy that MIGHT be penciled in is Alegretti. As a starter I mean.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:29 PM 02-11-2021
How is this disingenuous?
Lol are you just ignoring where it says LDT and Niang?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:30 PM 02-11-2021
There are 2 guys on the roster that we have no clue how they value them and at what positions.

Rankin and Niang.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 319
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up