ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 319
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:42 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'll take it a step further and say if the WR and DE talent is marginally better than the OL talent I'd still take the OL.
Yeah uh this pretty much bolded in gigantic text in draft history on the “what to not do” section
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:43 AM 02-11-2021
Yep. The most valuable thing the Chiefs can do this Offseason is ensure Mahomes stays upright and protected to the best of their ability.
And then when we have no pass rush? Or Hill goes down and we have dick at WR?
[Reply]
O.city 11:43 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Looking at Matt Miller’s mock and man oh man is this draft filled with a ton of quality OL and receivers.

I’m gonna be on the trade down train all the way to the draft.

Juan Thornhill, Rashad Fenton, Nick Allegretti, L’Jarius Sneed, Mike Danna, Tershawn Wharton, Mecole Hardman. All these guys were available from the mid 2nd rd on.

This staff has been one of the best in the league at scouting and finding these gems. Trade back, load your picks up and trust your board to fill our needs.
the Allegretti love around here is a bit much. He's fine. He's a backup IOL spot starter.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:44 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So ignore all other needs and only address OL?

I’m curious, would you go OL in the 1st and 2nd?
I am not trying to interrupt you alls conversation here, but that has to depend on who is there and how much they are going to be able to help the team.
I don't have a problem with the team going OL in the 1st and 2cd if all the players of other positions that they deemed valuable at those positions are gone. If we can get the OT Jenkins in the first and then the DL, CB, and WR prospects are gone in the 2cd but a top IOL is available then yep that is the best value to upgrade the team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 AM 02-11-2021
Then I'd say you should've traded up for an OT in the first.
So just sell it all to get an OT?

Seriously, that makes no sense.

By all means, draft an OT if one is there.

But drafting one out of perceived need, talent or value be damned, is how you end up like the fucking Texans, not the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:45 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And then when we have no pass rush? Or Hill goes down and we have dick at WR?
We can still win. Our toughest games have come when the opponent gets consistent pressure rushing 4 and dropping 7.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:46 AM 02-11-2021
I can't fucking wait until this team trades up for an OT that starts the season as a backup guard.

That's going to be fucking AWESOME!
[Reply]
O.city 11:46 AM 02-11-2021
You need an all around roster to win SB's. Can't lock in on a certain spot.

I feel like I'm in a twilight zone when I'm the calm one not freaking out. The Chiefs need to upgrade the OL. They aren't stupid, they will.

I'm excited.
[Reply]
Pants 11:46 AM 02-11-2021
Yep. The most valuable thing the Chiefs can do this Offseason is ensure Mahomes stays upright and protected to the best of their ability.
No shit. Nobody wants to see Patrick get demolished by the pass rush. But you have to be realistic.

I feel like you're reacting to what happened in the SB when basically every starter was hurt/opted out and people had to be reshuffled. You gotta take those blinders off, man. We were fine until Fish went down.

Andy Reid said our Oline will be fine and he's optimistic about them going into the 2021 season. Do we need help? Of course. But you can't expect them to spend all of their resources on Oline. That will never happen and it shouldn't happen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 02-11-2021
We can still win. Our toughest games have come when the opponent gets consistent pressure rushing 4 and dropping 7.
And what happens when you just take whoever is there because they're an OL and they fucking suck or don't fit the scheme?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:47 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So just sell it all to get an OT?

Seriously, that makes no sense.

By all means, draft an OT if one is there.

But drafting one out of perceived need, talent or value be damned, is how you end up like the fucking Texans, not the Chiefs.
Jesus fucking Christ when have I ever insinuated you'd trade up to just draft any OT? You're trading up to draft an anchor on your line that you're confident is a decade plus starter for you. There's a couple of those in this draft.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:47 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I am not trying to interrupt you alls conversation here, but that has to depend on who is there and how much they are going to be able to help the team.
I don't have a problem with the team going OL in the 1st and 2cd if all the players of other positions that they deemed valuable at those positions are gone. If we can get the OT Jenkins in the first and then the DL, CB, and WR prospects are gone in the 2cd but a top IOL is available then yep that is the best value to upgrade the team.
I meant go into the draft thinking we have to get OL with our first 2 picks.
[Reply]
O.city 11:47 AM 02-11-2021
I actually feel better taking WR's later, Andy and CO can develop skill players really well.

EVERYONE CALM DOWN.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
You need an all around roster to win SB's. Can't lock in on a certain spot.

I feel like I'm in a twilight zone when I'm the calm one not freaking out. The Chiefs need to upgrade the OL. They aren't stupid, they will.

I'm excited.
As you well should be. Free agency and the draft is WIDE OPEN. There's no reason to zero in on anything, the Chiefs have tons of options.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 AM 02-11-2021
Jesus fucking Christ when have I ever insinuated you'd trade up to just draft any OT? You're trading up to draft an anchor on your line that you're confident is a decade plus starter for you. There's a couple of those in this draft.
And when that doesn't happen and you've given up 2 or 3 1st round picks to get them?
[Reply]
Page 31 of 319
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up