ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
DenverChief 06:47 AM 01-14-2020
In all the celebration about Mahomes/Kelce let’s not forget about Watkins “quiet” contributions on Sunday. A 48 yard catch and run in the first drive of the 3rd quarter to put us deep in Texans territory and set up the first Williams TD run. A14 yard jet sweep run to help set up Damian Williams second TD run and a 28 yard 4th quarter reception that set up the 8 yard TD pass to Bell. Watkins is dangerous and must be accounted for in the field, anytime he can help get chunks of yards to move the offense up and down the field is a good days work
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:05 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Just FYI: Sammy was a full stride, probably 3 feet over the line when he flipped the ball away. It wasn't close at all.
The ball, on his left side as he angled into the end zone, was a lot closer than that. He started palming the corner of the ball right about the goal line. Why cut it so close?
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:09 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The ball, on his left side as he angled into the end zone, was a lot closer than that. He started palming the corner of the ball right about the goal line. Why cut it so close?
Personally, I don't like that ball flip thing either; my coach in HS would've torn my head off for doing something like that.

However, watch it again in slow-mo; he's well past the line, a full stride into the EZ before he flips it away. It wasn't close.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:59 PM 01-21-2020
IT MAKES ME NERVOUS
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:02 PM 01-21-2020
IT MAKES ME NERVOUS
Well, then you're going to have plenty of time to be nervous about it, since Sammy is probably going to catch a lot of balls in two weeks.

I'm gonna drink whisky and not think about it.
[Reply]
notorious 04:09 PM 01-21-2020
I hope he almost makes that mistake 3-4 times next week.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:27 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
I hope he almost makes that mistake 3-4 times next week.
Heh, wouldn't that be nice?
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:24 PM 01-21-2020

You're not going to convince me this wasn't way closer than it should have been. He's touching the point of that ball as it rotates around and out of his hand. And in that shot the ball is either behind or right over the goal line.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:33 PM 01-21-2020
I just watched it on GamePass (which I can't cut a piece and post here for some reason); he's a yard over the line when he flips it. Watched it earlier today.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:35 PM 01-21-2020
Made me nervous too
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 06:39 PM 01-21-2020

You're not going to convince me this wasn't way closer than it should have been. He's touching the point of that ball as it rotates around and out of his hand. And in that shot the ball is either behind or right over the goal line.
Definitely too close for comfort, especially when we've seen a big game come down to just a couple inches before. These guys need to be focused on not making any dumb mistakes. If SF just flat out beats us, i could live with that, but if we beat ourselves, then that will be even more painful.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:50 PM 01-21-2020
God, you guys are such little girls sometimes. Here, watch this from about :58 seconds or so. He's more than a stride into the EZ when he flicks it away. Remember boys and girls, all the ball has to do is cross the FRONT OF THE EZ LINE for a score.
Enjoy.

[Reply]
suzzer99 07:19 PM 01-21-2020
You're looking at his front foot not the ball. Also you're considering the thing where he spins the ball upside down by the point to be possession. If the point of that ball slips out of his hand a little sooner it would be very close to before the ball crosses the plane.

It's TOO DAMN CLOSE is the whole point. DeSaun Jackson screwed these up multiple times in his career. Looking at his hand position you could almost argue the second screenshot is lack of possession.
[Reply]
Spott 07:27 PM 01-21-2020
He was well into the end zone when he flipped it away.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:42 PM 01-21-2020
No. He wasn't. He was less than a yard in when the ball spun out of his hand. And he wasn't really holding it securely before that - he was trying to spin it while holding it pointed down.

In the second pic above - the ball is basically out of his position. His right front foot is maybe a foot into the end zone. The way he's angled - the ball is much further towards the opposite end of the field.

I agree he's in the end zone - but way too close for comfort imo.
[Reply]
srvy 09:42 PM 01-21-2020
Damian Williams does it to much and Travis has before to. Don't give the asshole referees a opportunity to inject themselves into a game.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Up