ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 791
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199599 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:32 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Some fans take the passrush for granted and/or don't see how important it is to maintain that great passrush because of the fact the defense was bad last year despite the passrush.

Just releasing Houston will give the Chiefs around 23M in cap space after the draft picks have been signed.

When you take into account the possible release of the likes of Berry, Sorensen, Murray, Ragland, etc that's plenty enough to get the help needed in FA to shore up the secondary.
Exactly, lets get a new secondary and then give QB's all day to throw. :-)
[Reply]
Iconic 01:33 PM 03-04-2019
Pats showed you can generate pressure without having premier rushers. We have the guy who orchestrated all of that in our building. I really don't see why you guys are being so frugal with Ford/Houston. Let them go, we lead the league in sacks and what did we have to show for it? A historically dog shit defense?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:33 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Exactly, lets get a new secondary and then give QB's all day to throw. :-)
Because Dee Ford is the only pass rusher in the entire NFL. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:33 PM 03-04-2019
Cutting Houston frees up 15 mil. Fords' tag cost 15 mil.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:34 PM 03-04-2019
If I see the words “if Ford gets hurt” one more time

Holy fucking shit dude, we get it

Not to mention you’re presenting it disingeniously, as Halfcan pointed out. You’re acting like he’s been 2017-2018 Eric Berry, when in reality he hasn’t even been hurt as much as Houston.

And I actually somewhat agree with your overall take that Ford is a risk, but fuck man you’re making it hard to agree.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:36 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:

Not to mention you’re presenting it disingeniously, as Halfcan pointed out. You’re acting like he’s been 2017-2018 Eric Berry, when in reality he hasn’t even been hurt as much as Houston.

And I actually somewhat agree with your overall take that Ford is a risk, but fuck man you’re making it hard to agree.
Pretty much.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:36 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm not suggesting trading Hill guys.

I wouldn't do it.

But just looking outside the box and talking. You could trade for Odell, tag and trade Hill after this season and recoup some of the Odell picks and you wouldn't have to deal with a contract dispute
you just want odell
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:36 PM 03-04-2019

Why because I keep repeating facts? Or because nobody wants to hear it?

:-)

People just can't handle the freaking truth so they get butthurt about it. Get over it.

EVERYBODY HERE bitches about something and there are certain people that do NOTHING BUT bitch.

This is the ONE THING I don't like about this offseason and it's too much? That's freaking rich. LOL
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:37 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Pretty much.
Take all of my Ford posts this offseason, count them up, and they're 1/5 of the volume you posted about Bob Sutton during the season.

Incessant bitching is incessant bitching, amirite? Or is it just another CP double-standard?
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:41 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Why because I keep repeating facts? Or because nobody wants to hear it?

People just can't handle the freaking truth so they get butthurt about it. Get over it.

EVERYBODY HERE bitches about something and there are certain people that do NOTHING BUT bitch.

This is the ONE THING I don't like about this offseason and it's too much? That's freaking rich. LOL
“Ford has had injury issues in the past” -> True

“Ford is injury prone” -> False

The way you present things makes a difference in their meaning.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:42 PM 03-04-2019
He's had 3 back injuries and 2 back surgeries. Normally I would ignore college but when the college career is AN EXACT MIRROR IMAGE of his NFL career, it's impossible to ignore.

The guy has had multiple injuries to both knees, a severe abdominal tear, multiple groin injuries, at least 2 concussions, and then the back issues.

To pretend he isn't injury prone is laughable. It's not a false narrative, it's FACT.
I guess the Chiefs should only have players on their team that have never been hurt in college or the pros from now on.

So even though he has been banged up- still only missed 3 games in 4 years if you take out last year where he fixed his back and bounced back to have a Monster year. The guy is a warrior.

Hali probably had most of those problems as well- so has Houston and then you have Berry with a tenderfoot who won't even have surgery to fix it.

Point is Ford played 16 games and posted 13 sacks last year and is healthy now. He has the same risk of injury as any other player.

What about Bailey, Sorensen, Ragland, Berry- all have had injury problems? Are they not as big of a risk as Ford who actually played all year in 2018?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:43 PM 03-04-2019
“Ford has had injury issues in the past” -> True

“Ford is injury prone” -> False

The way you present things makes a difference in their meaning.

He absolutely is injury prone, going all the way back to the beginning of college. Just because you deny it doesn't make it true.

But how about this for a hypothetical?

If you guys are SO sure he's going to be healthy and repeat 2018, why are you so afraid to give him a contract?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:43 PM 03-04-2019
Take all of my Ford posts this offseason, count them up, and they're 1/5 of the volume you posted about Bob Sutton during the season.

Incessant bitching is incessant bitching, amirite? Or is it just another CP double-standard?
You're discussing hypotheticals. I was stating facts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:44 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
still only missed 3 games in 4 years if you take out last year where he fixed his back

IF I take out the fact that my aunt has a vagine, she'd be my uncle.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:44 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You're discussing hypotheticals. I was stating facts.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 791
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199599 > Last »
Up