ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 791
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197597 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:46 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
So basically, we aren’t getting shit for Houston.

I think the other teams are stupid as ****. He’s gonna end up costing them more guaranteed money if they wait for him to get cut and hit the open market.
This is supposedly a great draft for passrushers.

There are some options on the FA market.

Houston is 30 years old and with injury concerns. We know he is not cheap either as it is.

At this point I am thinking there is no way they are getting anything better than a 5th for him and maybe not even that.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:48 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
This is supposedly a great draft for passrushers.

There are some options on the FA market.

Houston is 30 years old and with injury concerns. We know he is not cheap either as it is.

At this point I am thinking there is no way they are getting anything better than a 5th for him and maybe not even that.
You’re probably right but idk you’d think a team would be willing to fetch a 5, 6, even a 7 just to insure they get him.

Sounds like no one wants him for $15.5M cap number at all.
[Reply]
O.city 12:49 PM 03-04-2019
Once all these pass rushers blew up the combine, it was kinda not gonna happen.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:52 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
So basically, we aren’t getting shit for Houston.

I think the other teams are stupid as fuck. He’s gonna end up costing them more guaranteed money if they wait for him to get cut and hit the open market.
If he were two years younger, I’d agree with you, but I think his age and injury history are playing a large role in reducing his current value.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:53 PM 03-04-2019
FWIW Nick Jacobs said on his podcast he would be willing to let all these guys walk/trade them.

Houston, Ford, Sorenson, X Williams, Murray, Ragland.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:55 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
FWIW Nick Jacobs said on his podcast he would be willing to let all these guys walk/trade them.

All of those except X Williams
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:55 PM 03-04-2019
No fucking way I trade hill and trade for odell.

Fuck that
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:56 PM 03-04-2019

I'd be fine with it, too.

I know some wouldn't but if they don't fix this secondary, nothing else is going to matter.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:57 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'd be fine with it, too.

I know some wouldn't but if they don't fix this secondary, nothing else is going to matter.
Our pass rush would go from the best to one of the worst.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:58 PM 03-04-2019
Our pass rush would go from the best to one of the worst.
And without a secondary, it won't matter. Just like it didn't in 2018.
[Reply]
O.city 12:59 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
No ****ing way I trade hill and trade for odell.

**** that
I probably wouldn't either.

But one is already under contract and is probably a better all around WR, while the other is more explosive but needs a contract.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:01 PM 03-04-2019
The Patriots are HEAVILY backloaded on defense. They've focused on playmakers in the secondary and as a result, have yielded a pretty mediocre pass rush most years.

They've been to 9 straight AFCCG and have won more Super Bowls than any other team.

They're the ONLY team in the league to stymie the Chiefs offense last year, even if it was just the first half of two games.

The Chiefs lead the league in sacks last year and have nothing to show for it. I'm tired of doing things backwards. We have Mahomes, we finally got that right. Time to do the defense the right way too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:02 PM 03-04-2019
Trade Hill? Fuck no.

He does things nobody else can do. He's special. You don't trade guys that are unique in their skillsets like that.
[Reply]
O.city 01:02 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Patriots are HEAVILY backloaded on defense. They've focused on playmakers in the secondary and as a result, have yielded a pretty mediocre pass rush most years.

They've been to 9 straight AFCCG and have won more Super Bowls than any other team.

They're the ONLY team in the league to stymie the Chiefs offense last year, even if it was just the first half of two games.

The Chiefs lead the league in sacks last year and have nothing to show for it. I'm tired of doing things backwards. We have Mahomes, we finally got that right. Time to do the defense the right way too.
With the way the rules are in the NFL right now, the Chiefs built the defense the right way.

Look at how the Eagles won the SB last year.

Dominant front 7.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:03 PM 03-04-2019
Why are there people even suggesting that Hill could be traded?

Fucking absolutely retarded.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 791
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197597 > Last »
Up