ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 791
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191591 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:09 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Chiefs have virtually no cap space once they tag Ford. That money is guaranteed. If he goes down with an injury again (and there's a decent chance he will, given his history), the lack of a supporting cast due to giving all that money to Dee Ford will essentially make 2019 yet another wasted year.

I would MUCH rather trade Dee Ford. I would even be willing to let him walk. But keeping him, at nearly $16M guaranteed. No freaking way.
:-) Watkins has a higher number this year and is way more likely to get injured. You spend WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much time handwringing over that.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:16 PM 03-01-2019
The Chiefs have virtually no cap space once they tag Ford. That money is guaranteed. If he goes down with an injury again (and there's a decent chance he will, given his history), the lack of a supporting cast due to giving all that money to Dee Ford will essentially make 2019 yet another wasted year.

I would MUCH rather trade Dee Ford. I would even be willing to let him walk. But keeping him, at nearly $16M guaranteed. No freaking way.
So you would rather give him a 4 year contract that we MIGHT be able to get out of in three? Because once that's done, he'll have about ZERO trade value once that run is up.

I'm speaking to you in terms of things that we're GOING to have to deal with, not the possibility of a 2019 trade-out. Houston is likely gone, and they're going to have to keep Ford unless they think they can replace him through the draft or FA. Both scenarios seem highly unlikely to me.

Best case scenario you're going to be looking at a minimum of 10 million payout on the first year. Is that really worth saving 6 million when you can turn that investment in to a lower priced contract in 2020 or a high value trade?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:28 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Watkins has a higher number this year and is way more likely to get injured. You spend WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much time handwringing over that.
They've already paid Watkins. They haven't paid Ford yet and until they do, I reserve the right to complain about it, like EVERYBODY else here does.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:31 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
So you would rather give him a 4 year contract that we MIGHT be able to get out of in three? Because once that's done, he'll have about ZERO trade value once that run is up.

I'm speaking to you in terms of things that we're GOING to have to deal with, not the possibility of a 2019 trade-out. Houston is likely gone, and they're going to have to keep Ford unless they think they can replace him through the draft or FA. Both scenarios seem highly unlikely to me.

Best case scenario you're going to be looking at a minimum of 10 million payout on the first year. Is that really worth saving 6 million when you can turn that investment in to a lower priced contract in 2020 or a high value trade?
Except that's not what is going to happen.

If they tag him and he stays, he'll WALK next year and they'll get nothing. Or they'll do like Eric Berry and give him a long-term deal and be stuck with him even longer.

The time to trade him is now. His stock will never get higher.
[Reply]
Buckweath 04:40 PM 03-01-2019

If they tag him and he stays, he'll WALK next year and they'll get nothing. Or they'll do like Eric Berry and give him a long-term deal and be stuck with him even longer.

Ever heard of compensatory picks?

I really think they would be happy with a year on the franchise tag and then possibly a 3rd round compensatory pick.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:42 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Ever heard of compensatory picks?

I really think they would be happy with a year on the franchise tag and then possibly a 3rd round compensatory pick.
That 3rd round compensatory pick isn't going to do jack squat if he spends half the year on a bike and they miss the Super Bowl again.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:45 PM 03-01-2019
tag and trade, muthafuckas. TAG AND TRADE.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:16 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Adam Humphrey and Golden Tate are asking for 14 mil per this free agent period

People need to re eval their calculus on what guys are getting with the cap exploding
Most places were expecting $191M this year. Now that $26.9M in cap space it shows over at OTC is actually $23.9M in cap space.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n-set-at-1882m

Once again, the NFL salary cap is going up.

Officially, the salary cap for 2019 will be $188.2 million, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

The cap will rise from the 2018 amount of $177.2M.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:30 PM 03-01-2019

Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
tag and trade, muthafuckas. TAG AND TRADE.
The time to trade would be now of course, but I don't think they have the balls to do it. And how common is it to tag a player and then trade him off? Isn't the trading partner on the hook for the price of that tag?
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:32 PM 03-01-2019
The time to trade would be now of course, but I don't think they have the balls to do it. And how common is it to tag a player and then trade him off? Isn't the trading partner on the hook for the price of that tag?
Jesus. Try to keep up.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:35 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Jesus. Try to keep up.
I'm asking a question, fuckstick. If you don't want to answer it, then shut up and let someone else do it.

And I don't recall asking YOU a goddamned thing anyway.
[Reply]
-King- 07:36 PM 03-01-2019

They can still tag him again next year and trade him...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:39 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
They can still tag him again next year and trade him...
That's a low class move. You don't want a FO with that kind of a reputation. However, if the Chiefs win a SB this year, then you can pretty much do whatever you want to do in the FO because your options and attractiveness just doubled.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:41 PM 03-01-2019
Mahomes throws 70 TDs next year if we get Brown
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:25 PM 03-01-2019
I'm asking a question, fuckstick. If you don't want to answer it, then shut up and let someone else do it.

And I don't recall asking YOU a goddamned thing anyway.
it's been discussed multiple times already.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 791
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191591 > Last »
Up