ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 601 of 791
« First < 101501551591597598599600601 602603604605611651701 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:59 AM 03-21-2019
We will know what we have in Kpass this year. He has made some nice plays during the season even.
It's not very reasonable to have expected him to do anything the first two. First he played against bad college competition, not just talent wise but he wasn't seeing schemes, offenses like one would playing in D1 especially a p5 conference.
He went from being on the line, pinning his ears back and going for the qb to having to learn the OLB position in the NFL.
He has now gotten some game time experience over two years as well with an NFL training staff.
I don't know if he will be good or not, but he was always a project pick, and this is the year he needs to show me something. He is a big wild card for this defense
[Reply]
O.city 08:17 AM 03-21-2019
Vinny Curry back to Eagles.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:22 AM 03-21-2019

The Eagles are nearing a deal with defensive end Vinny Curry, according to a league source.

— Zach Berman (@ZBerm) March 21, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:30 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
I've been a great apologist for his lack of production thus far, and I would encourage you to take a breath and think about what his particular body type could produce in a 4-3.

He has unnatural physical gifts and doesn't appear to lack work ethic...

Give it a year before you decide he's worthless; he was a project pick with tools that was miscast in a scheme that didn't play to his strengths
In his case, his "unnatural physical gifts" include being REALLY tall. I simply don't see how he's going to handle tackles with his hand in the dirt. They're going to get underneath him way too easy. He doesn't bend well so he's going to be giving up leverage on nearly every play.

Matthias Kiwanuka, IIRC, ended up as a standup LB in New York because of his height.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:31 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Kpass hate is stupid. I guy hasn't been given a chance. He's a physical freak and may turn out to be a bad ass.
I don't hate KPass.

I just don't see anything about him that leads me to believe he'll amount to anything.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:35 AM 03-21-2019

The #Saints are expected to sign free agent TE Jared Cook, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. One of the top free agents still out there, Cook gives QB Drew Brees an immediate big-time weapon.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 21, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 08:39 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't hate KPass.

I just don't see anything about him that leads me to believe he'll amount to anything.
He was always meant for a 4-3 and was an awful fit for the 3-4. That guy running downfield in coverage was one of the most ridiculous things of Sutton’s time here.

I think he can fit as a DE or inside at DT on obvious passing downs. He’s cheap for two more years, so with our lack of depth at the position, I think they’ll try him just about everywhere to see what they can get out of him.

I am really hoping him or Speaks shows something this year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:39 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
In his case, his "unnatural physical gifts" include being REALLY tall. I simply don't see how he's going to handle tackles with his hand in the dirt. They're going to get underneath him way too easy. He doesn't bend well so he's going to be giving up leverage on nearly every play.

Matthias Kiwanuka, IIRC, ended up as a standup LB in New York because of his height.
He'd have to be a damn good hand-fighter. I mean you're a pretty big Ziggy Ansah guy, no? Ansah is exactly that kind of player; very tall but with a pretty quick and effective punch that allows him to get to the T before hands get under him. Julius Peppers was probably the best I can recall at actually using that height to create a leverage advantage rather than letting guys get into his pads.

There's a way for K-Pass to use that height to his advantage and frankly I think that's going to be easier for him with his hands on the ground (because he can at least line up down low rather than have to attack 'hunched' as he would have to from the OLB spot). But he has a looooong way to go to get there.

Not impossible but awfully unlikely.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:41 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He was always meant for a 4-3 and was an awful fit for the 3-4. That guy running downfield in coverage was one of the most ridiculous things of Sutton’s time here.

I think he can fit as a DE or inside at DT on obvious passing downs. He’s cheap for two more years, so with our lack of depth at the position, I think they’ll try him just about everywhere to see what they can get out of him.

I am really hoping him or Speaks shows something this year.
I can't see DT at all; then he can't use his length to keep distance and maintain separation.

4-3 DE is the only shot he's got. And frankly I only ever thought he could manage the 3-technique when we drafted him. Sticking him at OLB was monumentally stupid.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:44 AM 03-21-2019
Now that I think about it, Jared Allen was a really damn big guy as well. Like surprisingly tall. He was also good at firing off low and then using his length to his advantage.

I don't think he's doomed to EDGE because of his height. I think he's probably doomed to general failure because of his technique and that technique will be just as damaging at OLB as it would at 4-3 DE.

He just needs a ton of technique work.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:45 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He'd have to be a damn good hand-fighter. I mean you're a pretty big Ziggy Ansah guy, no? Ansah is exactly that kind of player; very tall but with a pretty quick and effective punch that allows him to get to the T before hands get under him. Julius Peppers was probably the best I can recall at actually using that height to create a leverage advantage rather than letting guys get into his pads.

There's a way for K-Pass to use that height to his advantage and frankly I think that's going to be easier for him with his hands on the ground (because he can at least line up down low rather than have to attack 'hunched' as he would have to from the OLB spot). But he has a looooong way to go to get there.

Not impossible but awfully unlikely.
Sure. But have you actually ever seen him do that? That's what I mean. Nobody has ever taught him how to do that.
[Reply]
In58men 03-21-2019, 08:46 AM
This message has been deleted by In58men.
htismaqe 08:46 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Now that I think about it, Jared Allen was a really damn big guy as well. Like surprisingly tall. He was also good at firing off low and then using his length to his advantage.

I don't think he's doomed to EDGE because of his height. I think he's probably doomed to general failure because of his technique and that technique will be just as damaging at OLB as it would at 4-3 DE.

He just needs a ton of technique work.
Yep. And this is year 3. I don't see how it comes together when he really hasn't gotten any good coaching until now.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:52 AM 03-21-2019

CB Bashaud Breeland left #Packers earlier in the week to take a one-year, $2 million deal ($1.15M guaranteed) with #Chiefs. He received a signing bonus of $1.15 million, a minimum base salary of $805K and a workout bonus of $45K. Could earn up to $3M in p-time, P-Bowl incentives.

— Bob McGinn (@BobMcGinn) March 21, 2019

[Reply]
loochy 08:55 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He's no Stephen Nelson though
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:57 AM 03-21-2019
I am really unsure if Kpassagnon will amount to anything but the little time that he saw the field, he wasn't bad. He had that great sack in preseason that was nullified. He had that great play on 3rd down during the season. Obviously, he didn't play much at all but it's not like there has been zero flash.

It is also pretty obvious that he couldn't be a 3-4 OLB. Now he has a great coach in Daly, has had two years of training and will be playing as a D-end. It's really not out of question that he could be decent.

I still remember what Dorsey had to say about him after picking him and we all know Dorsey is an outstanding talent evaluator.
[Reply]
Page 601 of 791
« First < 101501551591597598599600601 602603604605611651701 > Last »
Up