ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 791
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205605 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:29 PM 03-04-2019
The whole CB class is sliding right now. Baker was a guy that would have been a target at 29 that will now likely slide right past that. He's a complete player for sure with a relatively low ceiling. He's a "solid" player that might even make it to the mid-2nd now.

Murphy just ran a 4.55 and hasn't had the best combine. He's going to fall too.

You're overvaluing the corners in this draft by quite a bit IMO.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:33 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The whole CB class is sliding right now. Baker was a guy that would have been a target at 29 that will now likely slide right past that. He's a complete player for sure with a relatively low ceiling. He's a "solid" player that might even make it to the mid-2nd now.

Murphy had a great day outside of his meh 40 time and I think it’s highly unlikely that Baker falls to the middle of the 2nd.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:40 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Murphy had a great day outside of his meh 40 time and I think it’s highly unlikely that Baker falls to the middle of the 2nd.
It's not a particularly top heavy CB class. It's all going to depend on team and their little panic runs. Edge rushers are pushing up the boards, it's likely to push other positions down.

Besides my point was that there's not a gulf of difference between the clear 1st round CBs and the guys likely to be available at the end of the 2nd. There really isn't.

There's no reason to zero in on CB at 29.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:43 PM 03-04-2019

IMO, you are way off-base with that take. All 3 corners should start their first year. How can you overvalue a starting CB on a 5 year rookie contract? Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Post combine analysis from Bucky Brooks:

"Byron Murphy, CB, Washington: The Washington star didn't post an impressive 40 time (4.55), but he might've exhibited the best footwork and technique of any defensive back in the building. Murphy is smooth and fluid as a turner, and looks like an MLB center fielder in action. With Murphy impressing scouts and coaches with his football IQ in meetings, the playmaking corner could remain a Day 1 prospect despite his times."

"Greedy Williams, CB, LSU: The LSU standout confirmed his status as one of the draft's most explosive athletes with a strong workout on the turf at Lucas Oil Stadium. Williams clocked a 4.37-second 40-yard dash time and looked every bit as explosive as scouts expected prior to the workout. Although Williams didn't participate in the on-field drills or positional workout due to cramping, he made a strong impression on coaches seeking an A+ athlete at the CB1 spot."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001021067/article/2019-nfl-scouting-combine-winnerslosers-from-day-4
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:57 PM 03-04-2019
Bucky Brooks on Patrick Mahomes:

"I give it a C because I just don't know if you ever see a guy that comes in with this skillset...he has an unorthodox game and undisciplined and unrefined game. Most of the time these guys can't be harnessed enough to play winning football."

Bucky Brooks is an idiot. Sorry.

And I get where you're coming from, I just don't agree.

You're locked in on corner. That's how you end up failing the draft. There's literally no reason to do it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:09 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I'd be rock hard for days if this happened

that's been my plan 'A' for quite awhile.

And all y'all said I was crazy.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:19 PM 03-04-2019
It's not a particularly top heavy CB class.
It is not, which is why I feel they're going to try hard to trade for one.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:22 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
It is not, which is why I feel they're going to try hard to trade for one.
Yip
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:29 PM 03-04-2019
Trey Flowers is a downgrade from Houston btw
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:57 PM 03-04-2019
Bucky Brooks on Patrick Mahomes:

"I give it a C because I just don't know if you ever see a guy that comes in with this skillset...he has an unorthodox game and undisciplined and unrefined game. Most of the time these guys can't be harnessed enough to play winning football."

Bucky Brooks is an idiot. Sorry.

And I get where you're coming from, I just don't agree.

You're locked in on corner. That's how you end up failing the draft. There's literally no reason to do it.

Not locked in on anything. Specifically said there were 3 CBs worth picking in the first. Already said I'd be happy with a safety IF one of those three corners aren't attainable.

So you dug around and cherry-picked one quote... and that makes Brooks an idiot? I don't think so. Based on the time and place that sentiment was expressed, it was apt. A lot of scouts and NFL personnel folks questioned Mahomes at the next level. That was before he got to sit a year behind A.S. and get coached by one of the NFL's best QB whisperers. THANK GOD VEACH WASN'T ONE OF THEM!!! Here is another quote from the idiot Brooks:

"The reigning NFL MVP is revolutionizing the game as a gunslinger with A+ arm talent, athleticism and improvisational skills," wrote Brooks. "Mahomes has expanded the playbook for one of the best play designers in football, creating headaches for defensive coordinators around the league."

[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:58 PM 03-04-2019
With the way corners are sliding I wouldnt be mad if the Chiefs went for an offensive player maker at the end of round 1
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:08 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
With the way corners are sliding I wouldnt be mad if the Chiefs went for an offensive player maker at the end of round 1
If the corners are sliding, doesn't that benefit us and allow us to stay at our spot and get a good pick? And aren't the corners sliding only because the pass rushers are moving up?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:12 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
If the corners are sliding, doesn't that benefit us and allow us to stay at our spot and get a good pick? And aren't the corners sliding only because the pass rushers are moving up?
That's part of it. I think the top 3 corners will go in the first round. The other corners are not first year starters and shouldn't be picked in the first round. At least not by the Chiefs. :-) IMHO.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:12 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I think Ford, Jones and Speaks are your pass rushers with the hope that Tanoh does something in the 43.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:20 PM 03-04-2019
Well, what I'm getting at is this:

I think it was widely assumed by most that a CB would be the prime target in the draft and that in order to get a good one, we may have had to trade up by a larger jump than most would have wanted. So if they're coming down and we want one, how can this be anything other than great?

Reid already did mention something to the effect that the rush was going to be coming from the middle instead of the edge. Now whether that was strategy or philosophy I can't remember. But I'm pretty sure he meant that in a philosophical way.
[Reply]
Page 105 of 791
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205605 > Last »
Up