ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 791
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200600 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:45 PM 03-04-2019
You guys win, I won't say another word about Ford. Enjoy your double standards.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:46 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
you just want odell
Hell if we could send them Sammy and a pick for OBJ, it wouldn't hurt my feelings.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:48 PM 03-04-2019
Ford played the full 18 games last year and was highly productive. So it’s not like he can’t possibly stay healthy or be there when it matters most.

You have to give him that chance to repeat unless you are offered a great trade deal. Otherwise you’re just letting a borderline elite pass rusher walk simply because you’re afraid he’s going to miss a few games. Football players get hurt, it doesn’t matter if you’ve had 5 straight years of clean health, that could be flipped upside down in a heartbeat or vise versa.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:49 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Ford played the full 18 games last year and was highly productive. So it’s not like he can’t possibly stay healthy or be there when it matters most.

You have to give him that chance to repeat unless you are offered a great trade deal. Otherwise you’re just letting a borderline elite pass rusher walk simply because you’re afraid he’s going to miss a few games. Football players get hurt, it doesn’t matter if you’ve had 5 straight years of clean health, that could be flipped upside down in a heartbeat or vise versa.
Yep. Give me a 1st or fuck off.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:50 PM 03-04-2019
So you want to get rid of Ford and Houston...and have who replace them? Speaks and Tanoh starting?
A first rd draft pick isn’t going to produce like they did last year, especially picking at the bottom of the first rd in a league that will over draft pass rushers.

You’re far better off keeping Ford and drafting a safety+ corner early from this draft class.

I know I know. “We need to draft one AND sign one!!!” Okay then find another Jordan Lucas/Charvarious Ward on a rookie contract via trade.

This defense won’t be built completely in a single offseason.
[Reply]
O.city 01:51 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So you want to get rid of Ford and Houston...and have who replace them? Speaks and Tanoh starting?
A first rd draft pick isn’t going to produce like they did last year, especially picking at the bottom of the first rd in a league that will over draft pass rushers.

You’re far better off keeping Ford and drafting a safety+ corner early from this draft class.

I know I know. “We need to draft one AND sign one!!!” Okay then find another Jordan Lucas/Charvarious Ward on a rookie contract via trade.

This defense won’t be built completely in a single offseason.
Well, while that's true, they also had all of last offseason to build the defense.

And here we are.

Last year was really a wasted year defensively especially if they were planning to transition to a 43 style.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:52 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, while that's true, they also had all of last offseason to build the defense.

And here we are.

Last year was really a wasted year defensively especially if they were planning to transition to a 43 style.
Or was it not wasted because they’ve already got some solid personnel fits in place?
[Reply]
O.city 01:54 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Or was it not wasted because they’ve already got some solid personnel fits in place?
We have no clue if they do or not. We haven't seen them play in it
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:54 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hell, you might be right- Ford could blow out his back at the beginning of training camp- any of them could. A few years back we had 3 major injuries in the first game. My point was- you keep posting in every thread that Dee Ford is pretty much guaranteed to be hurt- But he is coming off a year he played 16 games and was our best pass rusher.

Now if this was last year when he was recovering from major back surgery- I could understand your concern. He missed 10 games and only managed 2 sacks in 2017- your narrative would make more sense.

If the Chiefs thought he was injury prone they would not Tag him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:55 PM 03-04-2019
we need the team to start making moves. Just because Chiefsplanet is getting boring with everyone just repeating ourselves.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:01 PM 03-04-2019
Double standards? Wut?
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:05 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

And here we are.

Last year was wasted on Defense because the Chiefs had the slowest LBs in the NFl with Ragland and Hitchens, who could not cover running backs or tight ends. Ragland was chased down from behind on a sure TD be a 330 pound Oline. :-)

You also had a shitty Sutton scheme that fooled nobody and the worst Safties in the entire NFL. Throw in a few bottom-ranked CB's and you have a team that can't stop anyone.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:13 PM 03-04-2019
:-)

He absolutely is injury prone, going all the way back to the beginning of college. Just because you deny it doesn't make it true.

But how about this for a hypothetical?

If you guys are SO sure he's going to be healthy and repeat 2018, why are you so afraid to give him a contract?
Again;

He has played 67 of a possible 80 regular season games since coming into the league. He had one major injury that kept him out of the lineup last season. If that makes him “injury prone”, then most of the damn league is injury prone. Most players in this league will end up missing 20% of the games they could have played, it’s fucking football. It’s kind of a physically demanding sport that has tons of injuries.

The reason I don’t want to go long term with Ford (although I don’t recall ever talking about that here) is because he’s extremely one dimensional and he has only one season of top tier production. I also question his role in this defense moving forward. Big reason I’m in favor of the tag is that it gives us a chance to see how Ford fits into Spags’’ scheme without having to commit to him long term. The tag, undoubtedly, gives us the most flexibility moving forward in deciding his future. Yeah, the hit will be big, but I think overpaying Dee Ford for a year is better than letting him walk and severely downgrading our ability to get pressure.

This is an extremely difficult decision for Veach, even post tag. Pass rush is so valuable, we could end up like the Raiders D if we just let everyone go. I understand the POV of people who aren’t particularly attached to anyone of this defense, it’s just extremely tough to completely overhaul the defensive personnel when you have Mahomes on his rookie contract.
[Reply]
In58men 02:15 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
we need the team to start making moves. Just because Chiefsplanet is getting boring with everyone just repeating ourselves.
We should tag and trade Ford, maybe Houston too.
[Reply]
O.city 02:30 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
you just want odell
NO...……….

yes
[Reply]
Page 100 of 791
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200600 > Last »
Up