ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3549 of 3903
« First < 2549304934493499353935453546354735483549 3550355135523553355935993649 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
NotDonger 04:59 PM 07-13-2021
Updated Delta variant percentages per state:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...nt-proportions
[Reply]
TLO 05:11 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Don't fly to Missouri and risk COVID. Stay here and be murdered instead.
:-)
[Reply]
TLO 07-13-2021, 05:12 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO.
TLO 05:16 PM 07-13-2021
I'm really curious how/why the Delta variant took off in Missouri of all places. Low vaccination numbers sure, but why else?

I know of someone who was vaccinated with Moderna who tested positive after being fully vaccinated. Her husband (not vaccinated), brought it home from his work. He's been sick for going on 5 days. She had the sniffles.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:27 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm really curious how/why the Delta variant took off in Missouri of all places. Low vaccination numbers sure, but why else?

I know of someone who was vaccinated with Moderna who tested positive after being fully vaccinated. Her husband (not vaccinated), brought it home from his work. He's been sick for going on 5 days. She had the sniffles.
It's not really any different than it always has been with this thing. It tends to "pop" in certain areas, then settle down, then pop somewhere else. Vaccines help obviously, but some of it is just luck.

If there's a plus side, it doesn't seem like individual states have had multiple surges in a row (likely due to natural immunity), so if Missouri can get it under control, it'll likely settle down (and it'll be someone else's turn).
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:05 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Don't fly to Missouri and risk COVID. Stay here and be murdered instead.
I wish there was a vaccine that was as effective against becoming a victim of gun violence, though.
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 06:23 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I wish there was a vaccine that was as effective against becoming a victim of gun violence, though.
there is...it's called gentrification
[Reply]
O.city 07:21 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:

Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's not really any different than it always has been with this thing. It tends to "pop" in certain areas, then settle down, then pop somewhere else. Vaccines help obviously, but some of it is just luck.

If there's a plus side, it doesn't seem like individual states have had multiple surges in a row (likely due to natural immunity), so if Missouri can get it under control, it'll likely settle down (and it'll be someone else's turn).
Once it gets going, it just makes its way thru. We’ve seen it everywhere.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:26 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Serpentine!

[Reply]
O.city 06:39 AM 07-14-2021
According to the er doc I know back in Springfield, theyre definitely seeing patients skew younger this time around. He said they were all unvaccinated and they had a couple elderly vaccinated people with covid but that they had some immunological issues but we’re doing ok and likely to go home

Anecdotal I suppose so take from that what you will
[Reply]
TLO 08:16 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
According to the er doc I know back in Springfield, theyre definitely seeing patients skew younger this time around. He said they were all unvaccinated and they had a couple elderly vaccinated people with covid but that they had some immunological issues but we’re doing ok and likely to go home

I have the same anecdotal information you have from speaking to folks on our covid floor at the hote hospital.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:42 AM 07-14-2021

How many of these patients have Covid symptoms?
[Reply]
O.city 11:51 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
How many of these patients have Covid symptoms?
Seeing as they were admitted for that, I’d guess all of them
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:55 AM 07-14-2021
Lol yeah
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:00 PM 07-14-2021
Like these?

COVID-19 MAY 19, 2021
New Research Suggests Number of Kids Hospitalized for COVID Is Overcounted
By David Zweig

The reported number of COVID-19 hospitalizations, one of the primary metrics for tracking the severity of the coronavirus pandemic, was grossly inflated for children in California hospitals, two research papers published Wednesday concluded. The papers, both published in the journal Hospital Pediatrics, found that pediatric hospitalizations for COVID-19 were overcounted by at least 40 percent, carrying potential implications for nationwide figures.
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...ercounted.html
[Reply]
O.city 12:15 PM 07-14-2021
I don’t believe any of them are pediatric patients so no
[Reply]
Page 3549 of 3903
« First < 2549304934493499353935453546354735483549 3550355135523553355935993649 > Last »
Up