ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3446 of 3903
« First < 2446294633463396343634423443344434453446 3447344834493450345634963546 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:09 PM 02-21-2021
I don't understand why we'd need to continue wearing masks once everyone's had the opportunity to get the vaccine, and I've been pro-mask.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:10 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Behind a paywall.

I suppose things could really flare back up next fall/winter. But I personally think mask mandates will be a thing of the past very, very soon.
There I edited it for you.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:19 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Behind a paywall.

I suppose things could really flare back up next fall/winter. But I personally think mask mandates will be a thing of the past very, very soon.
I think some people will wear them for a while. And I see some value in a societal consensus that it's a courteous thing to do if you are out and about when you are sick.

But yeah, the mandates' days are numbered. I've had July 1 as the potential "mission accomplished" celebration for a while now, and I feel confident that most restrictions will be gone by then. Maybe sooner.
[Reply]
TLO 07:23 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
There I edited it for you.
Thanks
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:33 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think some people will wear them for a while. And I see some value in a societal consensus that it's a courteous thing to do if you are out and about when you are sick.

But yeah, the mandates' days are numbered. I've had July 1 as the potential "mission accomplished" celebration for a while now, and I feel confident that most restrictions will be gone by then. Maybe sooner.
I have thought and said the same thing. I think we even had this conversation in this thread also.
I think, hope, we are going to add another meaning to "Independence Day" over the 4th of July weekend!.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:54 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:

I don't imagine mask mandates will last through summer either.

The more important question is how much havoc does the mutated viruses cause when they eventually show up.

How well do the vaccines work against them. And how many people eventually get vaccinated either because they think it is a good idea or they get coerced into it because, for instance, their work or college requires it. Hard to say for sure.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:59 PM 02-21-2021
I could see the current mutations and new mutations still sending patients to the ER next winter. Not in numbers like this past winter. But I could easily see covid causing more misery, time lost from work, and death, than a typical flu year does.

Or maybe it really will all be gone by April and every child will also get a unicorn. Time will tell.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:08 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I could see the current mutations and new mutations still sending patients to the ER next winter. Not in numbers like this past winter. But I could easily see covid causing more misery, time lost from work, and death, than a typical flu year does.

Or maybe it really will all be gone by April and every child will also get a unicorn. Time will tell.
I'm no expert but it looks like this will just be around now. Much like the flu it will never completely go away we'll just get better at identifying it and dealing with it.

Perhaps some good can come of this and people will put more effort into being proactive with their health. Staying on top of medical conditions, watching their weight, diet, etc...
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:01 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I'm no expert but it looks like this will just be around now. Much like the flu it will never completely go away we'll just get better at identifying it and dealing with it.

Perhaps some good can come of this and people will put more effort into being proactive with their health. Staying on top of medical conditions, watching their weight, diet, etc...
GTFO with that personal responsibility non sense and wear your damn mask for me!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:45 AM 02-22-2021

The NFL remains hopeful that stadiums will be full in 2021 https://t.co/6dzYvWk85T

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) February 22, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 09:39 AM 02-22-2021

For those of you in the UK, this is wonderful news! Real-world data from the UK’s vaccine rollout program revealed just one dose of Oxford/AstraZeneca’s or Pfizer’s vaccines appear to block transmission and infection by two-thirds regardless of age group! https://t.co/QR8YK4DX98 pic.twitter.com/BBdhY5OleA

— Mac n’ Chise ������ (@sailorrooscout) February 18, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 02-22-2021
We now know pretty well that these vaccines stop transmission.

"Go get a shot if you want, go back to normal" should be the talking point.
[Reply]
tooge 10:05 AM 02-22-2021
Speaking of HI, I mentioned way back in October or so, that I read an article in The Lancet that mentioned that there appeared to be some probable immunity to Covid 19 that started from exposure to any of the three recognized cold coronaviruses. Something about similarities in other proteins or something. That would make some more sense as we've come through "cold" season and cases are dropping off a cliff. I'd imagine it's a combination of HI getting close, previous immunity from other coronaviruses, the vaccines, and the fact that most viruses attenuate over time. All adds up to this sonofabitch going away.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 10:14 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think last week, Pfizer was pushing for the gov to switch to a single dose. There data seems to indicate that's really effective w/o the second shot
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:17 AM 02-22-2021
FYI for those of you wanting the vaccine and not sure how to expedite the process you can get on a wait list at your local Walmart pharmacy.

The way it works is every time they open a vile to start administering doses they have X amount of time to use it all. My understanding is many of the vials have an extra 2 or 3 doses in them (supposed to be 10 per vial but many have more than that) and so if they have extra doses or scheduled people do not show up for appointment they will call you and you have 30 minutes to get there to get your shot.

We have had at least 3 people at work here get the vaccine that way, this is a real thing you can do if you are interested.

When you call WalMart do not use the covid info selection on the automated answering options, you want to talk to the pharmacy directly and tell them you want to be on the call list.

I imagine availability will depend on where you live but give it a shot if interested. (pun intended)
[Reply]
Page 3446 of 3903
« First < 2446294633463396343634423443344434453446 3447344834493450345634963546 > Last »
Up