ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 92
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)
cmh6476 05:11 PM 01-17-2021
They're pretty good
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:33 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Matter2003:
Sounds good in theory but don't you think Baltimore, Indy and pretty much every other team tried this too? There is a reason he had 127 catches and over 1500 yards and led the NFL in both receptions and yards. It would be like saying teams should take away Kelce. They try. It doesn't work.

There are scheme adjustments they can make which make it nearly impossible for a team to truly take him out...namely they run a lot of deep overs with him that means the CB is in a trail position underneath him and the safety is having to try and run from the other side of the field to catch him and Allen's ball placement on those throws is usually perfect out in front of him.

Additionally when Allen escapes the pocket(like Mahomes does a lot) zone coverages tend to break down and the Bills WR are very good at finding the holes in the zones, many times sitting down or even drifting slightly inside where Allen uses his arm to make throws that would be major no-no's for other QB's(like Mahomes does).
Thing is, KC has already played vs. Diggs twice in the past 18 months or so. We know him pretty well now. And both times Spags managed to keep a lid on him for the most part. Diggs will get some catches and probably even a TD, but that will probably be about it. BUF doesn't have a real TE threat, so our LBs can mostly focus on containing the Bills' RBs, and then it's just dealing with Brown, Beasley and Dawson?

Don't get me wrong, KC will have to play some disciplined defense to pull it off, because they had to the other two times they faced Diggs, but they've already proven they can at least handle the job.
[Reply]
joethomas 08:34 PM 01-18-2021
We need to just enjoy this time where there are no teams in the AFC with balance in both phases on defense and on offense to go toe to toe with us, it won't always be that way.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:34 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
That’s fair, but again, Diggs had 6 catches for 46 yards in the first game against the Chiefs. And that was when we were missing Sneed.

And, yes, I know, weather and harness for Josh, but pretty sure weather will end up being a factor this Sunday as well. Hopefully Josh doesn’t have to put on a harness too. Then you’d REALLY be in trouble.
I didn't realize they shut him down that well in the first game. It's obvious that Spags knows how to stop him & now with Sneed.... :-)
[Reply]
notorious 08:35 PM 01-18-2021
Thank you.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:35 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I want Playoff Sammy available for this game. I really hope that calf is healed up and ready to go.
That would be an added bonus but I'm not expecting to see him until the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:37 PM 01-18-2021
I want Playoff Sammy available for this game. I really hope that calf is healed up and ready to go.
I expect most everyone to go this week.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:40 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I expect most everyone to go this week.
Don’t think Gay will be quite ready and obviously Mitch is out, but everyone else should be good to go hopefully.

Not sure about Breeland (also in concussion protocol) and who knows with Mr. Glass (aka Sammy).
[Reply]
Matter2003 08:40 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:
Beasley looked like he could hardly get out of his breaks Saturday. I don’t think he’s 100% or close to it from what I could tell. Maybe he will be this week, but if not you’ve just got to try to contain Diggs as much as you can. Hold him to 50-80 yards and you’re sitting pretty. He’s Alllen’s 1st, 2nd and 4th read
He isn't, although he said he felt better last week during the week than he did against Indy where he made several key 3rd down conversions and was hobbling walking back to the huddle. He was a non-factor against Baltimore and we really could have used him as he is a big key to us converting 3rd downs so well.

Hoping he can make some plays this week and be a more active part of the gameplan.
[Reply]
Matter2003 08:42 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I didn't realize they shut him down that well in the first game. It's obvious that Spags knows how to stop him & now with Sneed.... :-)
Allen had him open several times for what would have been some chunk plays and missed by a few inches on the throws...Chiefs did a good job overall but Allen had one of his worst days of the year throwing the ball, missing throws he hasn't missed all year.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:44 PM 01-18-2021
That's asking for a lot with Watkins.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:49 PM 01-18-2021
Allen had him open several times for what would have been some chunk plays and missed by a few inches on the throws...Chiefs did a good job overall but Allen had one of his worst days of the year throwing the ball, missing throws he hasn't missed all year.

Except for Saturday, right?
[Reply]
Matter2003 08:51 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Thing is, KC has already played vs. Diggs twice in the past 18 months or so. We know him pretty well now. And both times Spags managed to keep a lid on him for the most part. Diggs will get some catches and probably even a TD, but that will probably be about it. BUF doesn't have a real TE threat, so our LBs can mostly focus on containing the Bills' RBs, and then it's just dealing with Brown, Beasley and Dawson?

Don't get me wrong, KC will have to play some disciplined defense to pull it off, because they had to the other two times they faced Diggs, but they've already proven they can at least handle the job.
Don't discount the Bills special teams, they are some of the best in the NFL, in all aspects.
[Reply]
notorious 08:52 PM 01-18-2021
We drew a ref crew that allows a lot of contact in the secondary.

That's going to be huge in a game that's going to have shitty weather.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:53 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
We drew a ref crew that allows a lot of contact in the secondary.

That's going to be huge in a game that's going to have shitty weather.
Good. This is the playoffs. Let them play
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:53 PM 01-18-2021
Don't discount the Bills special teams, they are some of the best in the NFL, in all aspects.
I do like your punter.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 92
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Up