ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What if the refs called a penalty on Sorensen
chiefzilla1501 06:28 AM 01-18-2021
OK, this really bothers me. Browns fans are arguing that this was a game changing call and that one called back TD was the difference in a 5 point win. OK, fair point. Not calling helmet to helmet may have been a miss.

The biggest game changer as we all know wasn't the fumble, it was mahomes getting injured. Mahomes was throttling the browns and probably would have kept doing it. Would mahomes have still gotten a concussion if the browns scored? I mean, cmon.... Probably not. Here's a more likely scenario. If browns score 7, chiefs get the ball back and score 3.chiefs go into halftime 19 - 10. Browns down 9 (instead of 16) have to claw from behind

Unless people think the browns run the same exact plays in that scenario, baker throws that same exact pick, then the Chiefs run the same exact plays with the same exact outcome its very unlikely mahomes gets knocked out of that series.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:19 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
People thought Dan should be suspended?

:-)
I know right and was surprised to see that come up so I thought I would post it. Hell Jon Bostic didn't get suspended for laying out Dalton why would anyone expect a suspension for Dan?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:22 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:

In one ear and out the other.
Bellichick has specifically said he would bench players who do it. Doesn't mean players won't do it. But that's a very clear indication that he discourages it.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:28 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Bellichick has specifically said he would bench players who do it. Doesn't mean players won't do it. But that's a very clear indication that he discourages it.
The I suppose both of those players got benched.

Edelman too.
[Reply]
vonBobo 01:29 PM 01-18-2021
I really don't care except that it creates this false narrative that this was a close game. As if this flipped penalty would have turned around the Chiefs throttling the browns. And it takes away from mahomes' masterful performance. What turned the game around was mahomes injury not this overturned td, and very good chance that if the browns score this td mahomes never gets hurt.
Did you not see the gruff that the cheatriot fans have taken over the years? This is just part of being the best and something we have to get used to.
Patrick is going to break a lot of hearts and it isn't going to be pretty.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:34 PM 01-18-2021
The I suppose both of those players got benched.

Edelman too.
Jesus, like I said bellichick strongly discourages it. Doesn't mean players don't do it. Same reason Stefanski didn't complain about the ruling and instead emphasized that he coaches his players not to do it.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:43 PM 01-18-2021
Jesus, like I said bellichick strongly discourages it. Doesn't mean players don't do it. Same reason Stefanski didn't complain about the ruling and instead emphasized that he coaches his players not to do it.
Your rebuttal to me saying that EVERYONE does it was that Belichick coaches his players not to do it and that he'll bench anyone that does. Pretty sure I've proven that EVERYONE does it and Belichick doesnt bench shit for doing it.
[Reply]
scho63 01:44 PM 01-18-2021
What if my dick was 12" instead of 2"? I'd be getting paid to fuck women not paying them to fuck me. :-)
[Reply]
Mav 02:14 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Right? Why one Earth would they think he would be suspended for that hit?
Probably the same reason Patrick’s mom thought Wilson should of been ejected.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:22 PM 01-18-2021
Great play
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:24 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Probably the same reason Patrick’s mom thought Wilson should of been ejected.
Moms are gonna Mom...

Rewatched the Henne 14 yard scramble, the Browns defender and Henne both lowered their heads, the Browns defender, by nothing more than luck, just missed helmet to helmet. It should not be called on plays like this were both players crowns are lowered. If ones crown isn't lowered, or they are defenseless, fine, but both were active runners.
[Reply]
Mav 02:29 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Moms are gonna Mom...

Rewatched the Henne 14 yard scramble, the Browns defender and Henne both lowered their heads, the Browns defender, by nothing more than luck, just missed helmet to helmet. It should not be called on plays like this were both players crowns are lowered. If ones crown isn't lowered, or they are defenseless, fine, but both were active runners.
Completely agree. I’m not stressed by the penalty not called. No game is decided by 1 play. We needed to play better. End of story.
[Reply]
joethomas 02:30 PM 01-18-2021
Every defender in the history of football that has been in that position has done the same thing. You try to knock the guy out of bounds with your shoulder. If the runner decides simultaneously to go low, how is that the defender's fault? The runner could have stayed up, protected the football, or tried to get around the defender in any number of other ways.

If we are going to talk about "that touchback rule is dumb" even though it's always been that way, we should talk about this modern innovation "leading with the helmet" call is dumb most of the time when it gets called.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:31 PM 01-18-2021
Your rebuttal to me saying that EVERYONE does it was that Belichick coaches his players not to do it and that he'll bench anyone that does. Pretty sure I've proven that EVERYONE does it and Belichick doesnt bench shit for doing it.
:-)
Of course players still do it. Doesn't mean they aren't strong discouraged not to. No coach in their right mind knows these rules and wouldn't discourage them from taking this risk. You showed a few examples... A linebacker who doesn't know any better and a few receivers taking a safe lunge forward. Nowhere near the risk of Higgins reaching out while a defender is torpedo ing towards him.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:09 PM 01-18-2021
One small event can change the entire course of the game.

If Dan gets called a penalty and the Browns score a TD... Mahomes may never get hurt, and the chiefs could continue the pounding.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:22 PM 01-18-2021
time to put this to bed
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up