ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What if the refs called a penalty on Sorensen
chiefzilla1501 06:28 AM 01-18-2021
OK, this really bothers me. Browns fans are arguing that this was a game changing call and that one called back TD was the difference in a 5 point win. OK, fair point. Not calling helmet to helmet may have been a miss.

The biggest game changer as we all know wasn't the fumble, it was mahomes getting injured. Mahomes was throttling the browns and probably would have kept doing it. Would mahomes have still gotten a concussion if the browns scored? I mean, cmon.... Probably not. Here's a more likely scenario. If browns score 7, chiefs get the ball back and score 3.chiefs go into halftime 19 - 10. Browns down 9 (instead of 16) have to claw from behind

Unless people think the browns run the same exact plays in that scenario, baker throws that same exact pick, then the Chiefs run the same exact plays with the same exact outcome its very unlikely mahomes gets knocked out of that series.
[Reply]
Mav 07:11 AM 01-18-2021
Now, as a Browns fan, do I think that the Browns win that game if we are given that penalty? No. Of course not. The Chiefs were always the better team. But, can you convince me that we finish getting blown out completely down 19-10 at halftime as opposed to 19-3? No. The bigger point to me is that the league is apparently obsessed with safety yet that very obvious play with a ref right there isnt called is a much bigger issue to me.

The Browns did not deserve to win that game. The Browns were not talented enough to win that game. But Browns fans like myself do have a right to be upset that the call was missed. Just like the Chiefs fans have every right to be angry at Dee Ford for jumping offsides and costing the Chiefs the Super Bowl.

Just my two cents. Neg rep away.
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:11 AM 01-18-2021
Dear Browns fans, What if your guy held onto the ball?
[Reply]
Mav 07:13 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Personally, I think calling helmet to helmet when you are diving or ducking really low is stupid. At that point you make that the most forward target, and really now you are using your helmet as a weapon as well.

My opinion on that I know doesn't match the rules, but I have felt this way since they changed the rule. I also understand they want the defender to keep their heads up, but defenders also want to get their head on the ball to knock it free, which I'm guessing what Dan was doing there.
Helmet to Helmet isnt the issue. The issue was that he LEAD with his helmet. And that on top of being Illegal is extremely dangerous for DD and for HIggins. It could of resulted in Sorensen breaking his own neck.
[Reply]
Mav 07:14 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
Dear Browns fans, What if your guy held onto the ball?
One might say that getting speared in the head might of led to him fumbling the ball. But, what do i know.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:15 AM 01-18-2021
What if Butker doesn't miss an extra point and a short FG?
What if Mahomes doesn't get concussed?
What if Mathieu holds on to that tipped pass and returns it for a TD?
What if Lamar Jackson doesn't throw a 101 yard pick 6 and you're playing the Bills instead of us?
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:17 AM 01-18-2021
Everybody will dive for the end zone. It will have to be a free play, then
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:19 AM 01-18-2021

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:20 AM 01-18-2021
What if god was one of us?
Playing QB for the Chiefs

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:21 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Now, as a Browns fan, do I think that the Browns win that game if we are given that penalty? No. Of course not. The Chiefs were always the better team. But, can you convince me that we finish getting blown out completely down 19-10 at halftime as opposed to 19-3? No. The bigger point to me is that the league is apparently obsessed with safety yet that very obvious play with a ref right there isnt called is a much bigger issue to me.

The Browns did not deserve to win that game. The Browns were not talented enough to win that game. But Browns fans like myself do have a right to be upset that the call was missed. Just like the Chiefs fans have every right to be angry at Dee Ford for jumping offsides and costing the Chiefs the Super Bowl.

Just my two cents. Neg rep away.
Not the best example. One was a first half play to avoid a blowout. The second is a second half play that erased a play that would have sealed and ended the game. Complaining about first half calls as game changers is one thing. Doing it in an otherwise blowout is a huge reach. But claiming like it was the difference in a 5 point win behind a backup qb is a go go gadget reach.
[Reply]
morphius 07:22 AM 01-18-2021
Helmet to Helmet isnt the issue. The issue was that he LEAD with his helmet. And that on top of being Illegal is extremely dangerous for DD and for HIggins. It could of resulted in Sorensen breaking his own neck.
Was not the offensive player doing the same? That is my point. If it is illegal for one it should be for both, especially when going that low. I know not everyone is going to agree, that is fine.

Also wasn't one of our lineman pulled down by his jersey twice on that same play, they call that and it is a wash.
[Reply]
DCTwister 07:29 AM 01-18-2021
On this, I would scientifically invoke the grandfather paradox from Back to the Future or Infinity War. If they penalized Dan, let’s say go into the half 16-10. Changes the sequence of plays the entire rest of the game. Hence, Mahomes freak choke-out/concussion play never happens. KC dominates the rest of the game with Mahomes.
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:29 AM 01-18-2021
One might say that getting speared in the head might of led to him fumbling the ball. But, what do i know.
I thought we were playing the "what if" game!
You know the saying if "Ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas"
[Reply]
loochy 07:31 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The good news is that the $1400 stimulus is coming

no it's not
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:33 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Was not the offensive player doing the same? That is my point. If it is illegal for one it should be for both, especially when going that low. I know not everyone is going to agree, that is fine.

Also wasn't one of our lineman pulled down by his jersey twice on that same play, they call that and it is a wash.
You see running backs do it all the time. They drop their head and plow ahead.
[Reply]
notorious 07:33 AM 01-18-2021
I remember when CP used to post this shit crying about calls.

I was one of them.

All we heard in response was “You had plenty of chances to win after that”

So sit down and shut up.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up