ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What if the refs called a penalty on Sorensen
chiefzilla1501 06:28 AM 01-18-2021
OK, this really bothers me. Browns fans are arguing that this was a game changing call and that one called back TD was the difference in a 5 point win. OK, fair point. Not calling helmet to helmet may have been a miss.

The biggest game changer as we all know wasn't the fumble, it was mahomes getting injured. Mahomes was throttling the browns and probably would have kept doing it. Would mahomes have still gotten a concussion if the browns scored? I mean, cmon.... Probably not. Here's a more likely scenario. If browns score 7, chiefs get the ball back and score 3.chiefs go into halftime 19 - 10. Browns down 9 (instead of 16) have to claw from behind

Unless people think the browns run the same exact plays in that scenario, baker throws that same exact pick, then the Chiefs run the same exact plays with the same exact outcome its very unlikely mahomes gets knocked out of that series.
[Reply]
The Refs 03:28 PM 01-18-2021
Yeah, we weren't going to make that call on 49.

You're all very welcome.
[Reply]
The Refs 03:29 PM 01-18-2021
BTW, your DB's are too handsy, might want to tell them to tone it down. We had to make a few calls against them just to keep up appearances.
[Reply]
jettio 03:34 PM 01-18-2021
That was just football. Only other way to make that play would be to extend your arms and risk breaking your hands against the helmet and shoulder pads of the runner.

Neither player had any head trauma that had to be looked at.

Seemed like CBS was either responding to a twitter topic or was trying to mess with Browns fans.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:39 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Yeah, but what if Derrick Johnson’s (strip sack) wasn’t called forward progress.

He killed that mother fucker too
Many egregious calls have gone against us over the years, but this tops the charts. Forward fucking progress my ass.

May that bought off cocksucker Triplette burn in hell.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:02 PM 01-18-2021
They're only in the game at all because Mahomes went down. And the league has already announced they're not suspending Sorensen for the hit, so it must not be terribly egregious in the eyes of the league.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:07 PM 01-18-2021
If my aunt was my uncle she would have a penee
[Reply]
kccrow 07:46 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Watched the replays a few more times and I do get the point to a larger extent... of course, when you slow a play down and watch it several times, it's not the same bang-bang play, but I get the complaint.

He was of course trying to get low and did lead with his helmet, more so than I was thinking before... I still think it's a stretch to call a penalty on such a play though. He could have tried punching the ball out, but again, watching on replay and in hindsight.

I honestly don't ever remember that getting called in the NFL in plays similar to it. College? Sure, but this isn't college.

When that play runs at full speed, you don't really see Higgins' head move and certainly not enough to make a ref think there was certain helmet-to-helmet contact. The ref is literally standing right there looking down at the hit. If he thought it was helmet to helmet, and worthy of the penalty, he would have called it.

Unfortunately for the whiners, the game isn't played in slow-motion replay. To top it off, I have zero sympathies. The Chiefs have been on the receiving end of far more fuckings than they have ever given.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:07 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
They're only in the game at all because Mahomes went down. And the league has already announced they're not suspending Sorensen for the hit, so it must not be terribly egregious in the eyes of the league.
If Sorenson should have been called for leading with a helmet.
If the ball did not go out of the end zone
If they scored a touchdown
If they flagged a roughing call for tackling Mahomes

Its a moo point

[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:09 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
If my aunt was my uncle she would have a penee

If I was Ryan Reynolds I could have fucked Scarlett Johansson.

[Reply]
J Diddy 08:13 PM 01-18-2021
Refs miss calls. It happens. Seems like they got their revenge when they made a concentrated effort to twist Patrick's head off.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:21 PM 01-18-2021
I'm on mobile or I'd post it but on youtube Chris Simms has a video about the game. He discusses this play, why it shouldn't be a penalty and also why everyone who doesn't like the fumble in the end zone being a touchback is a pussy.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:39 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
Every defender in the history of football that has been in that position has done the same thing. You try to knock the guy out of bounds with your shoulder. If the runner decides simultaneously to go low, how is that the defender's fault? The runner could have stayed up, protected the football, or tried to get around the defender in any number of other ways.

If we are going to talk about "that touchback rule is dumb" even though it's always been that way, we should talk about this modern innovation "leading with the helmet" call is dumb most of the time when it gets called.
Touchback rule isn't stupid either... The endzone is the 10 yards the Defense is defending. If the ball is fumbled through the endzone, it should belong to the defense as a touchback... Just like a pick that's downed in the endzone.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:43 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm on mobile or I'd post it but on youtube Chris Simms has a video about the game. He discusses this play, why it shouldn't be a penalty and also why everyone who doesn't like the fumble in the end zone being a touchback is a pussy.

[Reply]
DRM08 08:48 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Now, as a Browns fan, do I think that the Browns win that game if we are given that penalty? No. Of course not. The Chiefs were always the better team. But, can you convince me that we finish getting blown out completely down 19-10 at halftime as opposed to 19-3? No. The bigger point to me is that the league is apparently obsessed with safety yet that very obvious play with a ref right there isnt called is a much bigger issue to me.

The Browns did not deserve to win that game. The Browns were not talented enough to win that game. But Browns fans like myself do have a right to be upset that the call was missed. Just like the Chiefs fans have every right to be angry at Dee Ford for jumping offsides and costing the Chiefs the Super Bowl.

Just my two cents. Neg rep away.
To be clear. Were you OK with the Browns runner lowering his helmet as he did? Defender is put in a pretty bad spot when the runner does that.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 09:09 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
OK, this really bothers me. Browns fans are arguing that this was a game changing call and that one called back TD was the difference in a 5 point win. OK, fair point. Not calling helmet to helmet may have been a miss.

The biggest game changer as we all know wasn't the fumble, it was mahomes getting injured. Mahomes was throttling the browns and probably would have kept doing it. Would mahomes have still gotten a concussion if the browns scored? I mean, cmon.... Probably not. Here's a more likely scenario. If browns score 7, chiefs get the ball back and score 3.chiefs go into halftime 19 - 10. Browns down 9 (instead of 16) have to claw from behind

Unless people think the browns run the same exact plays in that scenario, baker throws that same exact pick, then the Chiefs run the same exact plays with the same exact outcome its very unlikely mahomes gets knocked out of that series.
https://youtu.be/5FN_aHlcYxU
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up