ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 72
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
TEX 10:17 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek
Fine with me. EB can stay in KC as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:20 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Okay, but how often do we see new head coaching prospects get hired out of dumpster fire organizations? Seems like usually they come from successful teams. I think you have a good point and it explains so many bad Patriot assistants getting hired all the time, but why would this be the one instance ever that teams suddenly take pause?
Well, a lot of the castoffs actually coordinated their own offense or defense. It’s true some of them haven’t but that’s usually a red flag. EB doesn’t actually have full coordinator responsibility.

Also, he has some personal baggage.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:23 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
You obviously have no clue how playcalling works.

Reid controls it all. Eric sends it in.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:25 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:

EB calls plays. Just not all of them.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:29 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Matt Nagy is so much better than people give him credit for. The guy was hired into a job forcing him to have Mitch Trubisky as his QB and in 3 years he hasn’t had a losing season. Did I mention that Nagy has to compete against Aaron Rodgers twice a season as well?

Some of you guys forget that Andy had one measly playoff win over Brian Hoyer in 9 seasons time between McNabb being old and washed to Patrick Mahomes first season. It’s HARD winning without a QB guys.

I can only pray that Matt Nagy is Andy’s replacement one day bc if he’s pulling off winning seasons every year with absolute garbage at QB in the same division as Rodgers, then there’s no doubt that his ceiling with Patrick and Veach is easily 11 wins as a floor.
I’ll say this for Nagy. Pretty sure he has great chemistry with Mahomes. On draft night, it was Nagy who called him. Sounded like they got along very well with each other in the video clip posted by the Chiefs. Nagy was also part of the critical first year of developing Mahomes in 2017. They could do much worse than Nagy when it comes time to replace Reid.
[Reply]
wazu 10:34 AM 12-30-2020
I kinda wish I owned an NFL franchise just so I could call EB in for an interview and grill him for 2 hours on why he keeps letting Wylie play.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:34 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Put yourself in the other teams' shoes.

You are looking to hire a person to run your business. One guy works with the best owner in the NFL, and the CEO is also the best. They have top talent from top to bottom in the company.

It sounds enticing, but your company is a pile of shit, and you need someone who can succeed without being surrounded by the best of the best all the time.

You don't know if he's been key to the company's success, or if he is just a placeholder in which the owner and CEO carry the weight and the prospect is just a guy that nods his head in meetings. If he ever makes a decision and it's bad the great CEO and owner can fix it just because they are amazing.

Now, taking a chance on EB is better than reshitting turds like Gase, but it's still not an easy decision.
This was literally Andy Reid when he became a HC. He was working under Holmgren with Favre as his QB. They were an elite franchise. Didn’t matter then did it?

Josh ****ing McDaniels was under Belichick and Brady and got a job in Denver. What’s worse is the mother****er CHEATED in Denver, got caught and still got offered a job in Indy before he turned it down.

JFC even Urban Meyer is being rumored as a front runner for the Jags job. Why in the ungodly **** is that mother****er even considered for that job with no hesitations or media slander after all the bullshit he’s done? What about his lack of experience in the pro game?

Then you have inexperienced cock suckers like Zac Taylor who had next to no experience in the league and he gets hired bc he jerked off Sean McVay in LA?

This isn’t directed at you but honestly this bullshit is getting old and tired. All these folks listed above didn’t get any scrutiny but EB is. And did you notice that Kafka is getting HC looks per Schefter? Yet we don’t hear about this stuff with him.

It’s complete and utter bullshit
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:38 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I’ll say this for Nagy. Pretty sure he has great chemistry with Mahomes. On draft night, it was Nagy who called him. Sounded like they got along very well with each other in the video clip posted by the Chiefs. Nagy was also part of the critical first year of developing Mahomes in 2017. They could do much worse than Nagy when it comes time to replace Reid.
Nagy has some good qualities. The one thing he is lacking is ability to adjust his system to his QB. He has had Trubisky all this time and he's been trying to make Trubisky do things he can't do.

Now that he let Bill Lazor call the plays Trubisky has been completing 72%+ passes over his last 4 games and looks like a different QB.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:39 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Jerok:
I just want those 2 3rd round picks when he leaves!
I thought it was just one, but yeah thats where I'm at as well

Originally Posted by In58men:
When did Heavy and USAToday become a sports source?
Chiefs Wire is a USAT product, and they do a pretty good job covering KC
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:46 AM 12-30-2020
Benjamin Allbright? :-)

That guy is a jackass. Who hates the Chiefs. And thinks Elway is a good GM.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:47 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:

Reid himself disputes that.

I do think Reid is more responsible and this is his offense but I all do believe Andy that Eric is calling plays as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:47 AM 12-30-2020
Al Saunders was in the league for years and coached under everybody from Coryell to Vermeil and never got a HC despite the opportunities. Why? Because he was infamously an asshole that nobody could get along with the more say he had.

EB is not without his own issues, particularly the stuff that happened at CU.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:52 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This was literally Andy Reid when he became a HC. He was working under Holmgren with Favre as his QB. They were an elite franchise. Didn’t matter then did it?
This.

I've been saying this and shouting this for the past year now.

Playcalling experience. Doesn't. Fucking. Matter. What's the fucking big deal with it? It doesn't matter how long or complicated your playbook is, because if you know it and your players know it, you can call the fucking plays. That part of the job isn't fucking hard, and it's like .5% of what makes a successful head coach.

Play designing matters. Teaching and coaching the plays matters. Leading your players and coaches matters. Changing their lives for the better matters. Knowing how best to use each player's strengths and weaknesses matters.

Playcalling? For fuck's sake, we're getting hung up about fucking playcalling?

Doug Pederson has won a fucking Super Bowl and had like half a season of playcalling experience. And of course, the example RunKC provided.

Fuck this. I'm going to become an NFL owner and ONLY hire offensive coordinators who have never called plays before.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:01 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Al Saunders was in the league for years and coached under everybody from Coryell to Vermeil and never got a HC despite the opportunities. Why? Because he was infamously an asshole that nobody could get along with the more say he had.

EB is not without his own issues, particularly the stuff that happened at CU.
Saunders was head coach for a short time in San Diego in the mid 80s but he never got to be one again.

Not getting the Colorado job when you are legend, would be a major red flag in my book. But the media would rather play the race card game.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:03 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
This.

I've been saying this and shouting this for the past year now.

Playcalling experience. Doesn't. ****ing. Matter. What's the ****ing big deal with it? It doesn't matter how long or complicated your playbook is, because if you know it and your players know it, you can call the ****ing plays. That part of the job isn't ****ing hard, and it's like .5% of what makes a successful head coach.

Play designing matters. Teaching and coaching the plays matters. Leading your players and coaches matters. Changing their lives for the better matters. Knowing how best to use each player's strengths and weaknesses matters.

Playcalling? For ****'s sake, we're getting hung up about ****ing playcalling?

Doug Pederson has won a ****ing Super Bowl and had like half a season of playcalling experience. And of course, the example RunKC provided.

**** this. I'm going to become an NFL owner and ONLY hire offensive coordinators who have never called plays before.
John Harbaugh was only a special teams coach in the NFL before he became a head coach.

So yes, your right.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 72
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Up