ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 38
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out
Dante84 07:59 PM 06-30-2020
Well shit.

Or I won’t play. @LeVeonBell told me about this

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 1, 2020

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

I'm not saying this means anything, but I'm also not here to tell @RealMNchiefsfan he can't choose to believe. pic.twitter.com/I93PzdsUNm

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) July 12, 2020

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Breaking: #Chiefs and DT Chris Jones have reached agreement on a contract extension, per @mortreport.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) July 14, 2020

patteeu 11:51 AM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah, as PAChiefs has pointed out, he seems to want a massive Frank Clark like deal, which I (and the FO) isn't interested in at all. But, if his market completely evaporates and his only choice is a one year "prove it" deal, I wonder if he'd be interested in joining Patrick Mahomes' Chiefs team and a loaded defensive line (where, unlike Seattle, he won't be the recipient of the highest % of double teams in the NFL) to rebuild his value for a deal next year.

If it's not a one year deal, I'm not interested for the reasons others have pointed out.

But, a Clark/Pennel/Jones/Pissed Off Clowney line?

This defense starts to look like a Top 10 D complete with an offense no one can shut down in the NFL. It's fun to think about, at least.
That makes sense to me. He’s probably fine in contract years.
Eureka 12:01 PM 07-08-2020
KC could use some cheaper talent in years to come. Wouldn't it be wise to trade him for a few high draft picks? Especially from a team that might draft hi.

I get the team is loaded for another SB run but this year is kind of off with the COVID thing.
Kiimo 12:07 PM 07-08-2020
That would be great if anyone actually made an offer that was fair.

If we can't get a first and second for Jones I think it is in the Chiefs' best interest to sign him.

I have always thought they would trade him but after the draft it became obvious nobody wants to pay what he's worth.
scho63 12:16 PM 07-08-2020
Chris Jones will look like the smaller person if he keeps bitching and threatening.

He deserves to be paid but we have had issues paying huge salaries an watch guys suddenly loaf like bread.
duncan_idaho 12:31 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah, as PAChiefs has pointed out, he seems to want a massive Frank Clark like deal, which I (and the FO) isn't interested in at all. But, if his market completely evaporates and his only choice is a one year "prove it" deal, I wonder if he'd be interested in joining Patrick Mahomes' Chiefs team and a loaded defensive line (where, unlike Seattle, he won't be the recipient of the highest % of double teams in the NFL) to rebuild his value for a deal next year.

If it's not a one year deal, I'm not interested for the reasons others have pointed out.

But, a Clark/Pennel/Jones/Pissed Off Clowney line?

This defense starts to look like a Top 10 D complete with an offense no one can shut down in the NFL. It's fun to think about, at least.
As usual, we're in lockstep.

The whole Clowney scenario is predicated on 1) freeing up enough cap room; 2) his offers continuing to evaporate or be lowball (in his mind) offers, to the point that he says screw it, I'm going to go prove the haters wrong and get the big bag, rather than the biggest bag I can get right now.

1 year, $18M from Seattle (where he will get doubles on every single passing down)

or

1 year, $10M from Kansas City, with heavy incentives ($1.5 million incentive if they win the SB, $1.5 million incentive if he has 15 sacks, $500k if he makes the Pro Bowl, $3M if he's defensive player of the year, etc).

That's a scenario I can try to sell if I'm the GM. I can tell him if he stays healthy and plays his butt off, he'll get a SB ring, rack up a bunch of sacks, and position himself better for the huge deal he's seeking.
Eureka 12:41 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
That would be great if anyone actually made an offer that was fair.

If we can't get a first and second for Jones I think it is in the Chiefs' best interest to sign him.

I have always thought they would trade him but after the draft it became obvious nobody wants to pay what he's worth.
Seems trading Jones would help the franchise overall. But if their are no suitors. Seems taking a few 2nd or 3rd round pics would be beneficial in the long run.

Guess the Chiefs can be the cap masters like the 80's 9ers and 90's Broncos.
bobhill 01:07 PM 07-08-2020
Trade him to the jets for their safety adams , when honeybadgers contract is up you have his replacement
RunKC 01:55 PM 07-08-2020
Remember 3 months ago when I was posting the rumors that the Chiefs could take an OT in rd 1? I remember hearing that from 3 different media places including Nate Taylor who I trust.

Well...they decided to take Niang who has almost everything you want. That guy was a potential first rd pick who was pushed down bc of a very strong class and an injury.

Eric Fisher has been a solid LT. I think we all appreciate him after last year. However, he is not a core player. If I have to decide to keep Fisher or Jones, I’m keeping Jones.

This seems to have been planned long ago. I could see us getting Niang ready to take over in 2021 and trading him for a high draft pick (2nd?) while creating $11.5 million to pay Jones.
POND_OF_RED 02:02 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Remember 3 months ago when I was posting the rumors that the Chiefs could take an OT in rd 1? I remember hearing that from 3 different media places including Nate Taylor who I trust.

Well...they decided to take Niang who has almost everything you want. That guy was a potential first rd pick who was pushed down bc of a very strong class and an injury.

Eric Fisher has been a solid LT. I think we all appreciate him after last year. However, he is not a core player. If I have to decide to keep Fisher or Jones, I’m keeping Jones.

This seems to have been planned long ago. I could see us getting Niang ready to take over in 2021 and trading him for a high draft pick (2nd?) while creating $11.5 million to pay Jones.
You don’t get rid of Fisher until you have an actual proven replacement for him. Taking a chance on a LT is the last thing this team needs to do when he is the biggest piece to keeping our half billion dollar QB protected
InChiefsHeaven 02:05 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It will never cease to amaze me how people can have the world's knowledge in their literal fingertips but refuse to use it.
Everything I learned about life I learned from Chiefs Planet...

...heh. Yes, I googled it. Still don't know what he meant in the context of the tweet. But...as previously stated, I'm old I guess.
DaneMcCloud 02:06 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Everything I learned about life I learned from Chiefs Planet...

...heh. Yes, I googled it. Still don't know what he meant in the context of the tweet. But...as previously stated, I'm old I guess.
It means "Let go of things that don't apply to your life".
Kiimo 02:35 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by bobhill:
Trade him to the jets for their safety adams , when honeybadgers contract is up you have his replacement
They don't play the same position. Yes I know they're safeties but still.
bobhill 03:22 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
They don't play the same position. Yes I know they're safeties but still.
just trying to think of cheaper options if c. jones wants to be a tool
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:11 AM 07-09-2020

@ArrowheadPride @ArrowheadLive @PrimeTime_KC can y’all help get the word out that @StoneColdJones will be signing autographs this Friday at @MmscKc pic.twitter.com/nYDKB5FzC9

— Chrissi (@RoyalsChiefsFan) July 9, 2020

Fish 12:16 AM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Yeah, I'm sure people will be rushing over after his threats of holding out...
Page 23 of 38
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up