ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America
The Bunk 09:04 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
I’ve tried to eat at my local Popeyes for the past 2 days, both times there looked like 15 cars in the drive thru and there were extremely long lines inside. I’ll might give it another try tomorrow.
I tried tonight. The drive thru line wrapped around the building, so I went inside. There were a bunch of people waiting around for orders with bewildered looks on their faces. Then the cops walked in. Apparently they'd run out of the chicken sandwich and a woman had thrown a fit over it just before I'd gotten there.

This thing must truly be perfection.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:12 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Bunk:
I tried tonight. The drive thru line wrapped around the building, so I went inside. There were a bunch of people waiting around for orders with bewildered looks on their faces. Then the cops walked in. Apparently they'd run out of the chicken sandwich and a woman had thrown a fit over it just before I'd gotten there.

This thing must truly be perfection.
Jesus. Sounds like there's very little point in going to Popeyes for anything until the hype dies down. I have no patience for crap like this.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 07:54 PM 08-22-2019
I go to Popeyes - maybe 5 times a year. Chic filet - zero times - but CFA is like 3 miles further away. How much does weight does convenience factor into the question.

Would I drive a mile further for one place vs. the other?

I probably would for Popeyes. I find nothing compelling about CFA. It's OK, but not 'Head and Shoulders' above other chicken places, IMO. I like the 3 piece spicy with red beans and rice at Popeyes - about 5 times a year.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:24 PM 08-22-2019
I like Popeyes spicy a lot. However, I really go for the sides. The red beans and rice and Cajun rice are awesome.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:28 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I like Popeyes spicy a lot. However, I really go for the sides. The red beans and rice and Cajun rice are awesome.
I'll stop and get a read beans and rice only for lunch sometimes.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:53 PM 08-22-2019
Tried going today and couldn't even get into the parking lot.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:56 PM 08-22-2019
Culver's spicy chicken is really good as well. They use high-quality chicken and the spice is in the breading. If Popeye's line is too long, get some Culver's.
[Reply]
scho63 04:57 AM 08-23-2019
I haven't had fried chicken in a quite a while as I don't each much fried food of any kind.

This thread has given me a craving for some higher quality.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 05:01 AM 08-23-2019
I once saw a food network segment about how fried chicken is the best quality fast food because there’s not really any feasible way to cut corners in the preparation and cooking process. You have the dredge, the coating, whole chicken pieces, the oil has to be a certain temperature and cook for a certain length of time. Once the parameters are set and the drivers are timed it’s almost foolproof.
They said.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:15 AM 08-23-2019
I've been waiting in line for 25 minutes. This better be good. Gonna get a spicy and regular one and let y'all know
[Reply]
notorious 10:17 AM 08-23-2019
Just had one. Fuck, I feel physically ill.

I love their chicken and sides. LOVE. This sandwich had too much sauce, breading, and grease. Taste was fine, but Jesus Christ I don’t feel good. It came out fresh, too. Reminds me of eating Long John Silvers crumbs, and the grease feels after.

Not my cup of tea.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:18 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Just had one. ****, I feel physically ill.

I love their chicken and sides. LOVE. This sandwich had too much sauce, breading, and grease. Taste was fine, but Jesus Christ I don’t feel good. It came out fresh, too. Reminds me of eating Long John Silvers crumbs, and the grease feels after.

Not my cup of tea.
FIRE IN THE HOLE
[Reply]
notorious 10:23 AM 08-23-2019
The chick fil sandwich’s are simple, and I don’t feel like the life force has been sucked from my body when I eat one.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:36 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
The chick fil sandwich’s are simple, and I don’t feel like the life force has been sucked from my body when I eat one.
This is a ringing endorsement for CFA.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 10:45 AM 08-23-2019

[Reply]
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up