ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Thom Brennaman calls Kansas City "one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world"
Sassy Squatch 06:46 PM 08-19-2020

Longtime Cincinnati Reds announcer Thom Brennaman was caught on a hot mic saying “one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world.” He is currently announcing the second game of the Reds’ doubleheader against Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/Uwz07eRIKv

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 20, 2020

[Reply]
Rain Man 01:10 PM 08-20-2020
Maybe he meant it as a compliment.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:13 PM 08-20-2020
On a different note, I'd never seen the TV show King of Queens much, and the local cable company put all of the episodes onto their On Demand. So one of my pandemic projects has been to watch the entire series. It's generally pretty funny, but in probably 10 percent of the episodes he disparagingly says, "That's gay" when he doesn't like something. It's surprising to hear because that show was in production not that long ago.
[Reply]
srvy 01:15 PM 08-20-2020

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:22 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Ironically, the only time I have heard the word used towards somebody that was actually gay, it was by another gay man; a former boss who was talking to one of his friends on the phone. He was embarrassed when I realized I heard him say it and apologized. I told him I didn't give a shit and thought it was funny.

In my experience, it is generally synonymous with wimp or pussy, or poor athletic performance. Like if somebody throws a ceremonial first pitch that lands 20 feet in front of the catcher, or a free throw that falls five feet short of the net. I've called plenty of people f_gs, knowing full well that they weren't. Just like you can call somebody a cocksucker, knowing that they don't actually suck cocks, or a motherfucker, knowing that they don't actually fuck their own mother, or a bastard, knowing that the person's parents were actually married when he was born. I was in the military. I wouldn't have lasted long in that environment getting butthurt over every silly incident of namecalling.

It seems that Brennaman used it as a direct slur toward gays, which I guess ups the ante, but still, I don't care. Although IMO anybody named Tom who spells it with an "h" must be a pillowbiter, so he probably should keep his mouth shut.
We say the same thing without using the word all the damn time. That said, it's still a little bit cringy to hear it from an adult (I've never really given a damn what kids say - kids say shit just because they can; just trying the word on here and there...)

But "does your husband play, too?" any time one of our OFers 7-hops a ball to the infield? Yeah - that's calling the dude a homo for sucking at softball. Full stop. And nobody cares at all, even in co-ed games.

We get bent out of shape over weird stuff these days. Then again, 200 years ago we were pulling out pistols and having literal duels if you called someone a scoundrel or a rascal. So...I guess 'these days' isn't really accurate. We've gotten bent out of shape over weird stuff pretty much from time immemorial...
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:26 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
On a different note, I'd never seen the TV show King of Queens much, and the local cable company put all of the episodes onto their On Demand. So one of my pandemic projects has been to watch the entire series. It's generally pretty, but in probably 10 percent of the episodes he disparagingly says, "That's gay" when he doesn't like something. It's surprising to hear because that show was in production not that long ago.
But, why?
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:27 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We say the same thing without using the word all the damn time. That said, it's still a little bit cringy to hear it from an adult (I've never really given a damn what kids say - kids say shit just because they can; just trying the word on here and there...)

But "does your husband play, too?" any time one of our OFers 7-hops a ball to the infield? Yeah - that's calling the dude a homo for sucking at softball. Full stop. And nobody cares at all, even in co-ed games.

We get bent out of shape over weird stuff these days. Then again, 200 years ago we were pulling out pistols and having literal duels if you called someone a scoundrel or a rascal. So...I guess 'these days' isn't really accurate. We've gotten bent out of shape over weird stuff pretty much from time immemorial...
Nice shirt, do they make it in men's sizes too?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:28 PM 08-20-2020
Thom cant fit his dick into a big gulp
[Reply]
Shoes 01:53 PM 08-20-2020
Thom's majestic announcer voice makes anything sound pleasant to the ears.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:55 PM 08-20-2020

I think dueling would be awesome. Of course, I'm a really good shot..... :-)
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 01:57 PM 08-20-2020
Being a man of faith is no excuse for homophobic slurs. Keep it a church dude.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:08 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I think dueling would be awesome. Of course, I'm a really good shot..... :-)
Can you imagine the stones it took back then to delope?

"Yeah, I'm just gonna shot really wide, really fast, on purpose and hope the other guy understands what's going on and doesn't murder my ass. And if he goes ahead and kills me - JOKES ON HIM! HE HAS NO HONOR NOW!! I mean...I'm still dead, but I win..."

Yeah, we look at people writing articles claiming vegan cuisine is appropriating a dozen different cultures and wonder what the hell passes through these idiots minds...but people have ALWAYS been dumb and crazy.

"The world ain't coming to nothing, son. It's the same as it ever was..."
[Reply]
Frazod 02:36 PM 08-20-2020
Can you imagine the stones it took back then to delope?

"Yeah, I'm just gonna shot really wide, really fast, on purpose and hope the other guy understands what's going on and doesn't murder my ass. And if he goes ahead and kills me - JOKES ON HIM! HE HAS NO HONOR NOW!! I mean...I'm still dead, but I win..."

Yeah, we look at people writing articles claiming vegan cuisine is appropriating a dozen different cultures and wonder what the hell passes through these idiots minds...but people have ALWAYS been dumb and crazy.

"The world ain't coming to nothing, son. It's the same as it ever was..."
I know what I'd like to see pass through their minds.
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:58 PM 08-20-2020
God I hate this PC culture. Let's go back to the 80's. Worst part is, all the SJW's cheering that someone lost their livelihood. What an evil country we've turned into.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:58 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
God I hate this PC culture. Let's go back to the 80's. Worst part is, all the SJW's cheering that someone lost their livelihood. What an evil country we've turned into.
Even if you hate PC culture, whipping out the word fag at your place of work where there are mics is sheer stupidity at best.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:49 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
On a different note, I'd never seen the TV show King of Queens much, and the local cable company put all of the episodes onto their On Demand. So one of my pandemic projects has been to watch the entire series. It's generally pretty, but in probably 10 percent of the episodes he disparagingly says, "That's gay" when he doesn't like something. It's surprising to hear because that show was in production not that long ago.
Classic Patton troll job.

[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up