ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3134 of 3903
« First < 2134263430343084312431303131313231333134 31353136313731383144318432343634 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 05:47 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I tend to agree. If it was seen as seasonal flu level, they’d say **** it.

But, if it’s sold as you want this shit to end? You want to go to arena concerts again? Full sports stadiums? Go see grandma without worrying about bringing something with you? Take the damn vaccine.
Yep, not a bad pitch.
[Reply]
Coach 05:47 PM 11-17-2020
Forgive me ladies and gents, I'm been busy and am a little curious about this vaccine. I wonder how it will play out, using a hypothetical scenario below:

Say individual A & B lives together. Individual A gets the vaccine and Individual B didn't.

Individual B gets sick, presumably COVID-19. Does that mean Individual A is protected to some degree because of the vaccine?

Just trying to gain a better understanding.
[Reply]
Donger 05:57 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Forgive me ladies and gents, I'm been busy and am a little curious about this vaccine. I wonder how it will play out, using a hypothetical scenario below:

Say individual A & B lives together. Individual A gets the vaccine and Individual B didn't.

Individual B gets sick, presumably COVID-19. Does that mean Individual A is protected to some degree because of the vaccine?

Just trying to gain a better understanding.
Yes, with an efficacy of 90 to 95%
[Reply]
petegz28 06:02 PM 11-17-2020
PA now telling folks they have to wear a mask indoors when there are people from multiple households. I mean that may sound good and all but not only are you never going to enforce that.
[Reply]
Coach 06:06 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
PA now telling folks they have to wear a mask indoors when there are people from multiple households. I mean that may sound good and all but not only are you never going to enforce that.
Yeah, no they won't be able to. Plus it is unconstitutional anyways (unless they have a warrant), I think.
[Reply]
Coach 06:07 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, with an efficacy of 90 to 95%
Thank you. That's what my understanding was too as well, but wanted to be sure if I got it right.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:49 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Moderna too. Just send over what data you have and let them start reviewing in. If we could somehow get Pfizer and Moderna approved in the next month or so, we could start making a huge impact.
These are going to be the fastest-approved vaccines in history by a fair margin. The FDA has a lot of data to comb through with these submissions, and they are also aware that any illness that happens at the same timeframe as the vaccination will be blamed on the vaccination (like the transverse myelitis scare a few months ago) even if there is no causal link between the two.
[Reply]
TLO 06:51 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
These are going to be the fastest-approved vaccines in history by a fair margin. The FDA has a lot of data to comb through with these submissions, and they are also aware that any illness that happens at the same timeframe as the vaccination will be blamed on the vaccination (like the transverse myelitis scare a few months ago) even if there is no causal link between the two.
I completely understand. I'm just eager.
[Reply]
TLO 06:55 PM 11-17-2020
Mark down December 10th on your calendars ladies and gents. That's the day Pfizer will get EUA authorization. And if we're really lucky... Moderna too.

God willing and if the data is good.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:55 PM 11-17-2020
Hearing locally of a lot of new cases. Starting to hit home with some. My wife and I will get the vaccination and some of our friends who were all bluster about not are singing a different tune

Our Dentists wife has bought in lock stock and barrel to the Bill gates etc etc garbage...that scares me when enough people go down that rabbit hole
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:56 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Mark down December 10th on your calendars ladies and gents. That's the day Pfizer will get EUA authorization. And if we're really lucky... Moderna too.

God willing and if the data is good.
Are they shipping already?
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:04 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Maybe the comparison to flu shot percentages isn't very good, really. Seasonal influenza is just kind of a thing that we all deal with every year and most people know how effective it is varies. COVID-19 has had such a significantly greater affect on all of us in so many ways, perhaps more people will agree just to get this shit storm behind us?
Like I said before, I think a lot of people just say why bother on the flu shot because it's just not super effective.

If these vaccines turn out to be more like other well-known vaccines that are 90th percentile and above effective, I think more people will get them because of that more than anything else.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:28 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Like I said before, I think a lot of people just say why bother on the flu shot because it's just not super effective.

If these vaccines turn out to be more like other well-known vaccines that are 90th percentile and above effective, I think more people will get them because of that more than anything else.
nope. Dr. Fauci’s stamp of approval will move more to get it than anything else. Not even close.

Dr. Fauci comes out and says I looked at the data and have some concerns, it’s dead in the water. Luckily for us, the data is supposedly great for both vaccines. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 07:29 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
nope. Dr. Fauci’s stamp of approval will move more to get it than anything else. Not even close.

Dr. Fauci comes out and says I looked at the data and have some concerns, it’s dead in the water. Luckily for us, the data is supposedly great for both vaccines. :-)
Fuck Fauci. Dude is not the last word on all things Covid. Not even close.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:32 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
**** Fauci. Dude is not the last word on all things Covid. Not even close.
everyone’s entitled to their opinion. But, you know my post is the truth regardless of your personal opinion of him.
[Reply]
Page 3134 of 3903
« First < 2134263430343084312431303131313231333134 31353136313731383144318432343634 > Last »
Up