ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2124 of 3903
« First < 1124162420242074211421202121212221232124 212521262127212821342174222426243124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 12:31 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I prefer not to lose big if I am wrong , you might not win big either but depends what you are gambling with.

Social distancing is proven to help, herd immunity for this virus wasn't at the time.
My point still stands. You can rationalize it however you want.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:33 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
My point still stands. You can rationalize it however you want.
there is a different between a smart bet and a dumb one is all I am saying.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:37 PM 05-20-2020
there is a different between a smart bet and a dumb one is all I am saying.
Sorry but you're a touch off base here. This isn't buying a put to hedge your stock purchase. This is taking measures that directly prevent the spread of the virus while your overall strategy is to spread the virus.

It's like Tyreek Hill saying, well I could have reached out and caught the ball easy but I might have taken a hard hit to the ribs so I didn't.

Sometimes you either do things or don't do things. If you want to hedge your bet in this case you end up where they apparently are ending up. With less than good returns and far from what they expected.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:41 PM 05-20-2020
Sorry but you're a touch off base here. This isn't buying a put to hedge your stock purchase. This is taking measures that directly prevent the spread of the virus while your overall strategy is to spread the virus.

It's like Tyreek Hill saying, well I could have reached out and caught the ball easy but I might have taken a hard hit to the ribs so I didn't.

Sometimes you either do things or don't do things. If you want to hedge your bet in this case you end up where they apparently are ending up. With less than good returns and far from what they expected.
Eh, I don't really agree with that. Doing some very rough match with their figures so far, the "rip the bandaid off" approach could have caused 10x as many deaths as they have, which are already very high. To use your analogy, it's more like Tyreek deciding not to catch the ball because he noticed a guy standing there with a shotgun pointed at his face.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:51 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Eh, I don't really agree with that. Doing some very rough match with their figures so far, the "rip the bandaid off" approach could have caused 10x as many deaths as they have, which are already very high. To use your analogy, it's more like Tyreek deciding not to catch the ball because he noticed a guy standing there with a shotgun pointed at his face.
Then don't do it. You just posted an article and said this didn't work out for Sweden liked they thought. I pointed out why. The rest is all jibber-jabber.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:53 PM 05-20-2020
Then don't do it. You just posted an article and said this didn't work out for Sweden liked they thought. I pointed out why. The rest is all jibber-jabber.
It's easy to be critical with an additional two months worth of data.
[Reply]
O.city 01:00 PM 05-20-2020
Denmark report out that they've opened up and cases aren't going up and they aren't really sure why

So thats good news
[Reply]
Monticore 01:02 PM 05-20-2020

You probably would put money on the chiefs not making the playoffs , which is where the smart money wouldn't be.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:02 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Denmark report out that they've opened up and cases aren't going up and they aren't really sure why

So thats good news
it is good, be nice if they knew why though.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:04 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dude breaks away and halfway to the zone he passes out.
:-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:06 PM 05-20-2020
it is good, be nice if they knew why though.
Yeah, they're not sure if it's from distancing or what. Maybe we're on the normal 8 week curve of a pandemic? Who knows.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:41 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

So thats good news
Cold and flu season is over. Coronavirus acts like other coronaviruses.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:37 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Looks like the CDC has decided that surfaces are a relatively low-risk means of transmission. (Person-to-person transmission through air droplets is the primary.)

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-coronavir...153317029.html

Not terribly surprising, but it suggests that you probably don't need to worry TOO much about things like doorknobs, buttons in elevators, keypads in retailers, etc.
I've been through more than a gallon Clorox Cleaner w/Bleach since the first week of March because the CDC recommended that everything be sterilized, including any items brought into the home such as groceries, mail, Amazon packages, etc. As of now, it's impossible to find disinfecting wipes and cleaning supplies because of the CDC recommendations and hoarders.

The toilet paper scare was ridiculous as well. Costco has had toilet paper and napkins in stock for the past 10 days, so I grabbed one each of my last two visits and probably have enough in my garage to last a full year. In reality, one Costco 30 pack of TP has lasted us months, so I really had no reason to be concerned, nor did I need to order Charmin on Amazon back in early April.

The WHO and CDC have made many mistakes in the past few months, which is okay since this is the real viral threat the world has faced in the past 100 years, but I hope they've learned from this so that the next time we're challenged by a highly contagious coronavirus, they don't send the public into a hoarding frenzy.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:54 PM 05-20-2020
In totally predictable news, a week after neighboring states open for business and get flooded with Chicagoans, Pritzker announces restaurants with outdoor seating can reopen at the end of the month. I appreciate the legislative pivot.

Originally Posted by :
Illinois restaurants will be allowed to open for outdoor seating in phase three of the state's reopening plan, Gov. J.B. Pritzker announced Wednesday.

The move is a shift from the state's original guidelines, though restaurants still cannot reopen for dine-in service until phase four.

"After listening to and working with restaurant industry representatives together with our epidemiologists, today, I’m announcing an additional option for bars and restaurants interested in resuming operations earlier: opening for outdoor seating when phase three begins, likely for everyone just nine days from now," Pritzker said during his daily coronavirus press briefing.
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...tzker/2275370/
[Reply]
Strongside 06:15 PM 05-20-2020
Confirmed: CDC execs own massive shares in CLOROX.
[Reply]
Page 2124 of 3903
« First < 1124162420242074211421202121212221232124 212521262127212821342174222426243124 > Last »
Up