ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 260 of 386
« First < 160210250256257258259260 261262263264270310360 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Hawk 05:11 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by temper11:
yes... they were there. You see them before the start of the battle... very clearly with their shields. I remember thinking at the time, who is their leader now since little finger was killed right there in the hall they are now protecting.
They never trusted Littlefinger. Their leader was Yohn Royce who has been around talking to Sansa a lot, and who was the one who told Littlefinger "I think not." When Littlefinger tried to order him to take him to the Vale as Sansa was accusing him right before Arya took his ass out.

They were there, there's just not nearly as many of them as there are (were) Dothraki and Unsullied.
[Reply]
temper11 05:16 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Did people really plan to go to a little bar and watch the episode on that little f-ing tv stuck to the wall?
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:28 PM 05-01-2019
You know those people couldn't see shit during the battle. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:28 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I can say that, so far, it's the only episode that I've watched in my life that had me on the edge of my seat for the entire fucking episode. I had to take a minute after the episode just to fucking wind down.

Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Shit, I had to pause a couple times during the episode to calm down. They weren't kidding when they said it was survival horror. Couple of times I was like 'walking dead wishes it could do zombie horror this good.'

I rewatched it yesterday. When my girlfriend walked in and saw it on the TV she’s like “Why are you watching this stressful shit again?”
[Reply]
DaFace 05:50 PM 05-01-2019
I can say that, so far, it's the only episode that I've watched in my life that had me on the edge of my seat for the entire fucking episode. I had to take a minute after the episode just to fucking wind down.
I'm pretty critical of the episode, but I don't disagree with that. It was superb for suspense.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:58 PM 05-01-2019
Shit, I had to down a couple of shots to wind down. That was intense.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:30 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by temper11:
Did people really plan to go to a little bar and watch the episode on that little f-ing tv stuck to the wall?
If that's the one I think it is, they have a massive tv that takes up the entire wall behind the bar
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:32 PM 05-01-2019
You have to handwave the dumb tactics of the battle to realize D&D probably worked their way back from situations that made the audience think X character was plausibly in a position to get killed for dramatic purposes.

Which worked. I had to pause at one point and walk around my apartment I was so amped up.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:47 PM 05-01-2019
Yep, me as well.

It was a flawed, flawed episode with so many logic holes you could land a 747 through them. And I give precisely zero fucks about that. That, to me, was amazing, and I'm glad I got to experience it.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:39 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yep, me as well.

It was a flawed, flawed episode with so many logic holes you could land a 747 through them. And I give precisely zero fucks about that. That, to me, was amazing, and I'm glad I got to experience it.
You can always pick shit apart later, but I try to remember how it made me feel the first time I saw it.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:52 PM 05-01-2019
I know people are tired of the bitching, so I'll just post this as a link people can ignore, but this summarizes my feelings well.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ga.../1100-6466520/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:25 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by otherstar:
That could very well happen. Emilia Clarke has gone on record saying that the end of GoT really messed with her. Given that I've heard that the ending is bittersweet, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a blood bath to see who wins the iron throne and Jon (or Arya) kills Dany because she asks the Starts to bend the knee (which Sansa will NOT do).
there is no chance we get a clean happy ending. At best bittersweet is the best we can hope for. If they leave Cersi on the throne just to be different, I’ll be pissed.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:40 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
You have to handwave the dumb tactics of the battle to realize D&D probably worked their way back from situations that made the audience think X character was plausibly in a position to get killed for dramatic purposes.

Which worked. I had to pause at one point and walk around my apartment I was so amped up.
My wife’s heart rate was so amped up that she clocked 55 minutes of exercise during the episode.
[Reply]
DrRyan 10:10 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I know people are tired of the bitching, so I'll just post this as a link people can ignore, but this summarizes my feelings well.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ga.../1100-6466520/
I agree with all of this. Sending the Dothraki with steel weapons? Dumb. Red god's contribution equal lighting said steel on fire? Dumb. The list is nearly endless. Expecting good storytelling when D&D are writing is a fool's errand at this point.
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:18 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
I agree with all of this. Sending the Dothraki with steel weapons? Dumb. Red god's contribution equal lighting said steel on fire? Dumb. The list is nearly endless. Expecting good storytelling when D&D are writing is a fool's errand at this point.
While I have some problems with the episode, it seems to me that the Red God’s contribution might’ve been pointing Arya the right direction.
[Reply]
Page 260 of 386
« First < 160210250256257258259260 261262263264270310360 > Last »
Up