ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 210 of 386
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220260310 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:26 PM 04-23-2019
By GoT standards, his male identity seems weaker and less effective, imo.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:30 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Meh, I always think that kind of stuff is silly. Why would a director have any motivation to spoil stuff with something like that?

It's like the people who thought Captain Marvel randomly said "I have telepathy" in a whisper in the trailer. No way in hell do they spoil stuff like that just for the giggles of an easter egg.
It’s interesting, because I know Gray Worm and Breann were two of them, who I assume are dying given how that episode went for them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:41 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
They are there. You just won't see them till they square off in the field with the dead.
okay my bad. I need to quit drinking all day before watching the show. Since I’m hosting this week, picked a bad week to quit that habit.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 04:49 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They made a big fuss about the Golden Company never breaking a contract. I could definitely see them setting that up to be a major shake near the end. Like, when they see the dragons or just the army of the dead.

I’m so excited to see how everything ends but want it to last forever at the same time.
Or they see the Targaryen / long lost cousins in Jon and Dani. The golden company was founded by Targaryens after the blackfyre rebellion.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:02 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’ve brought this up without comment from anyone. Am I missing something?

Where are the Dorthraki? We see the Kings guard. But where’s the rest of them? Didn’t show any of them arriving but a handful. No shots of them preparing for battle. No shots of their encampment. That can’t be an oversight by D&D or the director. Are they going to meet the Golden company? Varys birds would have known of their pending arrival before Jamie breaks the news.
They're there. We just don't always see them due to budget constraints.

Like we basically never see Ghost. We also didn't see the dragons last episode but we know they're around.

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
By GoT standards, his male identity seems weaker and less effective, imo.
Nearly his entire identity was in his fighting prowess. He lost that when he lost his hand.

He's not emasculated, he's just a cripple and is being forced to change his character.

Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Or they see the Targaryen / long lost cousins in Jon and Dani. The golden company was founded by Targaryens after the blackfyre rebellion.
Doubt they go that road in the show. I'm not sure they've even mentioned Blackfyres or the GC's founding.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:12 PM 04-23-2019
Nearly his entire identity was in his fighting prowess. He lost that when he lost his hand.

He's not emasculated, he's just a cripple and is being forced to change his character.

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:26 PM 04-23-2019
It is kind of dumb to have him under Brienne. He is one of the best commander's they have. He can't fight as well but he can still lead people on the battlefield.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:31 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Except he's never been deprived of his male role. Prior to defecting he was still the premier male power figure on the crown's side. He led the siege to retake Riverrun and concocted the plan to capture Highgarden.

He lost his identity as a swordsman, in which he placed nearly all of his own self-worth.

The second definition is funny. I've literally never seen anyone use it in that way. If that one flies they emasculated Ned and Khal Drogo too.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:35 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
It is kind of dumb to have him under Brienne. He is one of the best commander's they have. He can't fight as well but he can still lead people on the battlefield.
It is really fucking dumb. Jaime is the strategic mind and Brienne's the blunt instrument.

But clearly no one would be comfortable putting Jaime in charge of a large portion of their military forces and they were clearly trying to show personal growth on Jaime's part. The whole time he's showing humility Brienne is just waiting for the punchline.

I don't think it's a feminist plot to take a jab at the patriarchy.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:41 PM 04-23-2019
Except he's never been deprived of his male role. Prior to defecting he was still the premier male power figure on the crown's side. He led the siege to retake Riverrun and concocted the plan to capture Highgarden.

He lost his identity as a swordsman, in which he placed nearly all of his own self-worth.

The second definition is funny. I've literally never seen anyone use it in that way. If that one flies they emasculated Ned and Khal Drogo too.
Identifying as a supreme fighter who can no longer fight is the definition of emasculated. It’s not a controversial statement. I’ll take Merriam-Webster over your exposure to the term.

Still love you tho, no emasculate.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:44 PM 04-23-2019
It is really ****ing dumb. Jaime is the strategic mind and Brienne's the blunt instrument.

But clearly no one would be comfortable putting Jaime in charge of a large portion of their military forces and they were clearly trying to show personal growth on Jaime's part. The whole time he's showing humility Brienne is just waiting for the punchline.

I don't think it's a feminist plot to take a jab at the patriarchy.
That's how I interpreted it too. People are literally spitting at Jaime. Jaime would have absolutely led the Lannister forces (we see him planning this out in Season 7 before Cersei dropped the hammer on that), but no one in Winterfell is giving him men to command on the field.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:26 PM 04-23-2019
All this talk about the dead and overrunning Winterfell and running in the crypts.....

Maybe we really might get a glimpse of Lady Stoneheart?
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:31 PM 04-23-2019
I heard an interesting one today. The little girl with the burns on her face that wanted to fight but they talked her into going to the crypt. Jakan Hagar?
[Reply]
Bowser 06:39 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I heard an interesting one today. The little girl with the burns on her face that wanted to fight but they talked her into going to the crypt. Jakan Hagar?
Hmm, maybe?. I was wondering about him and if he'd come for Arya. Would certainly explain her running scared in the crypts, because I don't think a bunch of zombies would draw that reaction out of her...
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:47 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Hmm, maybe?. I was wondering about him and if he'd come for Arya. Would certainly explain her running scared in the crypts, because I don't think a bunch of zombies would draw that reaction out of her...
Arya and Jakan sort of left on good terms although its hard to tell. It's a long shot but the little girl was kind of a weird addition to me.

Who knows, there are a thousand different story lines that could take place.
[Reply]
Page 210 of 386
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220260310 > Last »
Up