« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Chris Jones Thread****
Dante84 05:36 PM 04-29-2016
He's our guy: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

Coming to KC soon. #Salute pic.twitter.com/dFDRuUdDt3

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 30, 2016

Here's a bunch of his tape:

Spoiler!

.@PFF_Mike explains why the Chiefs just landed a highly-underrated DT in Chris Jones. https://t.co/b0G66chLl5 pic.twitter.com/iVQ0KXqY7s

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2016

My scouting report on #Chiefs DL Chris Jones, who I believe has elite potential in NFLhttps://t.co/Nc2mJFYJEn pic.twitter.com/pIlxuf67iz

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) April 29, 2016

[Reply]
milkman 06:11 AM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
What?...are you sure you were watching the same player I was?

Watch his 40 tape....I thought it was a LB. He makes Devito look like a sloth...and yes, he was a good player against the run.

I usually dont get excited about DL picks but this guy might be something....
Penzed.
[Reply]
NIUhuskies 06:14 AM 04-30-2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:21 AM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Good fucking grief

:-)
:-), GRRRRRRRRRRR GET EM DANE
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:24 AM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
We have been desperate for someone to relieve Poe for quite some time. We also have just recently been able to a have rotation at DL to do just that with Bailey, Devito, and Howard.

Devito has retired, and he wasn't much of a pass rusher. By plugging Jones into that hole alongside Poe and Howard's ability to play 5-tech, we have 3 players with potential to play NT/DE at any given moment as well as Bailey.

Anyone that believes the front line is what wins the war, should be happy with this pick
Howard is no slouch in getting after the qb either. Bailey either.

They can all get after it
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:25 AM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by milkman:
Penzed.
:-)
[Reply]
Rausch 07:29 AM 04-30-2016
I would love to see Poe at DE 5-10 snaps a game.

He would rape faces...
[Reply]
Bowser 07:34 AM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I would love to see Poe at DE 5-10 snaps a game.

He would rape faces...
Poe at end and a healthy Houston right beside him? Shiiiiit.....
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:17 AM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by Dante84:

I can't really tell at that angle - but looks like he clotheslined LSU RB. I like it. I think that's vs. LSU - my eyes are not as good these days. ha ha
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:21 AM 04-30-2016
This is about Nkemdiche but probably applies to Jones as well and maybe alleviate some concerns about him taking plays off.

Originally Posted by :
Buckner, the longtime NFL defensive tackle, said he’s talked to plenty of people about Nkemdiche and not heard negative reviews of the player, and wasn’t worried about his reputation for taking plays off. Buckner said the fact college stars rarely come off the field instead of rotating through should solve most of the problem.

“You show me any player in the country, especially D-linemen, that plays every snap full speed, I’ll give you a million dollars,” Buckner said. “It depends on what your eyes see.. . . In the NFL you’re not going to play 90 plays. With our [roster], he’ll play 30 plays. You take that energy and condense it to 30 plays, you tell me who wouldn’t want that type of player?”

[Reply]
Pablo 09:23 AM 04-30-2016
This big dick monster is gonna crush some fools.
[Reply]
bricks 09:37 AM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This defense is going to be insane.
Dont get your hopes up.

The talent is there but the coaching is still lacking.

Remember, they still have a defensive coordinator who hasn't got a clue on how to make adjustments.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:53 AM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by bricks:
Dont get your hopes up.

The talent is there but the coaching is still lacking.

Remember, they still have a defensive coordinator who hasn't got a clue on how to make adjustments.
It's obvious the Chiefs feel that defensive injuries derailed them in the playoffs, so the plan remains:

1) Build monster defense

2) Continue to play "2.2, slide on through"-offense.

3) Hope it all pans out.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:55 AM 04-30-2016
They make adjustments just fine in game when everyone is available. They make poor adjustments when players are lost to injury. They just keep employing "the system" rather than changing it up to what the personnel on the field is capable of.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:01 AM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
They make adjustments just fine in game when everyone is available. They make poor adjustments when players are lost to injury. They just keep employing "the system" rather than changing it up to what the personnel on the field is capable of.
I disagree with this. I think Andy is much better at getting the best out of his players vs. Second half adjustments. I always like his scripted starts on Offense vs his adjustments. The buffalo game being an exception.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:21 AM 04-30-2016
Still worried about CB position, esp if Peters gets hurt. Hope they can make a trade for someone. Not sure what with whom or how, all I know is Chiefs are walking on a thin wire at that position and one play could resulting in a Peters inj could mean epic troubles for that defense.

But I like how Dorsey is getting value picks in a not so high end draft, where there's not much drop off between 2nd and 4th rd picks, and a real drop off after the teens in the 1st rd. Glad Chiefs were able to trade out of the 1st. Not so sure about trading out of the 2nd there were some players there that would've helped this team.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 59
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up