ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 144
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:12 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Everyone keeps talking about how physical the Titans are and ignoring the fact we have won 7 in a row. We have been hitting hard and playing hard. That was an amazing performance by the O-line- their finest this year.

The Titans won't be coming into Arrowhead and bullying us this time around.
I keep hearing "the hottest team in football" as though they didn't lose 2 of the to end the regular season.

Just annoying.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:15 PM 01-13-2020
And if I’m looking to face anyone in the SB.....it’s the Packers. That team plays down to opponents all the time. Shit....they barely beat us when we started Matt Moore.
[Reply]
FD 04:17 PM 01-13-2020
Fun fact about Tennessee, their kicker Greg Joseph has not attempted a FG since he joined the team in week 15. He was unsigned all year prior to that.

I don't think this game will be close enough to come down to it, but the Titans better not need a big FG late in the game.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:17 PM 01-13-2020
Yes I agree. I hope Rodgers takes care of the 49ers and then the Revenge Tour will be complete.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:27 PM 01-13-2020
We aren’t losing another game with Kelce on our team

Appreciated Sammy Watkins’ authenticity in the locker room tonight. Admits he got down when the #Chiefs were trailing #Texans 24-0. Says @tkelce noticed and came up to him and told him to fix his body language. Watkins says he stayed positive after that exchange.

— Aly Trost (@AlyTrost) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:28 PM 01-13-2020

Conference Championship assignments are set for Sunday. #NFLPlayoffs #TENvsKC | #GBvsSF pic.twitter.com/FWVQHqCczj

— NFL Officiating (@NFLOfficiating) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
RunKC 04:28 PM 01-13-2020
This is why I want a bear front. Put 5 DL up front. Force their OL to win 1v1

The interior of the Titans OL is fun to watch. Jones rides the huge DT out. Saffold gets a good nudge so Lewan can reach his defender. Saffold goes hunting for Bynes and blows him out of his fit. Such physical blocking. WOO! #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/14FlOD16zX

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:31 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Belichick tried a loaded LOS front similar to what you’re talking about, but it was light in the pants. Bunch of LBs. But the alignments were similar to what they did to the Rams.

I think we’re likely to see stuff like that. Can’t let that OL move the LOS with consistency, and it’d also make climbing up to the 2nd level much more difficult.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:32 PM 01-13-2020

Clark - Jones - Pennel - Nnadi - Suggs

That’s a monster fucking line.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:32 PM 01-13-2020
I’d expect Sorenson to be at the LOS almost every play
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:36 PM 01-13-2020

Williams being incredibly slow off the ball made that whole play happen.

Look at how easily #98 gets kicked out of that play and how cleanly the LG can get to the second level to take out #57. If Williams gets off the ball at all there, he can at least force the LG to sift through and clog that up a bit.

Again - just cannot give Henry a head of steam. He's made one cut and driven straight upfield without any traffic at all to the 30 yard line. If you're gonna play with splits that wide, your DT had better be a LOT faster out of his stance than that.
[Reply]
KCJake 04:37 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Derrick Henry will run for 250 yards

Final score:
Chiefs 38
Titans 20
If he rushes for 250 yards, there's not gonna be enough time left on the clock for the Chiefs to put up 38 points.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:39 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Belichick tried a loaded LOS front similar to what you’re talking about, but it was light in the pants. Bunch of LBs. But the alignments were similar to what they did to the Rams.

I think we’re likely to see stuff like that. Can’t let that OL move the LOS with consistency, and it’d also make climbing up to the 2nd level much more difficult.
Yep, NE used 6 man front against the Rams or what Romo calls their SB defense. They went to this fairly late in the game IIRC against the Titans.

Originally Posted by :
No team did a better job scheming ways to quickly and consistently get its linemen onto linebackers. To combat that, New England removed its second level of defenders. In traditional rushing situations, the Patriots countered with a six-man defensive line. They played with four down linemen (which consisted of a rotation featuring seven different players who saw at least 10 snaps), with safety-linebacker hybrid Patrick Chung playing on one end of the line of scrimmage and Kyle Van Noy on the other. By crowding the line and occupying each of the Rams’ offensive linemen, the Pats created plenty of traffic and opportunities for their guys to win one-on-one matchups.

[Reply]
Sparta22 04:48 PM 01-13-2020
This upcoming game feels dejavu to the 99 season. Coincidentally the high potent (fully well rounded, not one dimensional) offense of the Jaguars comes off a I believe 62-14 drubbing of the Marino lead dolphins to host the AFC championship game. The media praised them beyond praise and deemed them unbeatable, the fans expected another 62 point high flying offensive performance replicating their week prior divisional game. Their opponent they were hosting shouldn’t even have been there. They needed a miracle to make it out of the wild card round, needed a dominant defensive performance to make it out of the divisional, and didn’t stand a snow balls chance in hell beating the jaguars in the afc championship game despite beating them already that year. Their opponent, the Tennessee Titans!
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:49 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I keep hearing "the hottest team in football" as though they didn't lose 2 of the to end the regular season.

Just annoying.
Or you could look at it this way about the last two Titans wins.

The Pats- just lost to the Dolphins at home- which killed the Bye they needed so badly to watch "scouting" videos. They were old, tired and ripe for an upset. All Titans had to do is pressure Brady a little and run the ball.

The Ravens had been sitting on their over-confident asses for two weeks hearing about how great they are. Jackson was bathed in endless MVP talk and figured he could just go out there and run around again like he has all year. Their defense was overrated and had trouble stopping the run verse the Jets and other teams- so it was a bad matchup from the get go. The bullies got bullied. All they had to do is run the ball and let the Ravens implode.

Now they face a team on a 7 game win streak that is battle-tested by one of the toughest schedules in the NFL. Even with tons of injuries only lost 4 games. A Chiefs team coming off a historic, multi-record breaking game, with a QB that played one of the best games in NFL history as well.

Titans are going to have to do more than run the ball, run a few gimmick plays and hope we step on our dicks like the last two teams.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 144
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up